The Grizzly Badger Tail. CH40 The DJR
  • I'm liking these.  Good stuff.
  • Yes.

(although must admit some hope the spambots might actually include Spam - some sort of cybernetic organism fusion - half machine, half processed, tinned meat)
  • A power source maybe??
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • thank you again. :) im very pleased so far.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • .. im very pleased so far.

And rightly so.
  • Good stuff again revel, bravo.
  • That last bit was brilliant :)  Well done Rev, this is superb :D
  • If you have any suggestions for what you would like to do then let me know. Feel free to PM me if you would like it to be a surprise for everyone else.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Excellent stuff. I'm planning to proofread what you've done so far today, so make sure everything's up on google docs.
  • I will try to get that done then. I'm out and about..
  • I'd love to, but I have no creative spark whatsoever.  I just like being in it :)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I would like to have some sort of special hat, a bit like oddjob.
  • Great stuff Rev. One thing doesn't ring true though... No matter how dire the situation, by now the Geordies would have started up a game of footy on the beach....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Ha ha. Maybe they have??
  • CHAPTER FIVE

The church had never been so full. Every seat had been taken and the rest stood to hear what was about to be said. Brooks stood up front with g.man. The rest of Decorum was scattered through the church. Tempy sat close to the back, looking ambivalent to the scene rolling out in front of him. Petey was standing to the left of the altar, his eyes constantly scanning the room and he watched the door every time it opened and someone new came in.

The gamemakers, including Mod and Beano, had decided to stay in their thread to keep an on the increasing glitches.

Yoss and the Halols had not arrived as yet. They were expected in the next couple of minutes.

The seats were uncomfortable. They weren’t deep enough to allow you to slouch and someone had forgotten to include any type of cushion. It wasn’t long before several of the forumites were squirming in their seats. Some even got up and down a couple of times. Even with the ambient temperature outside, it was cold. The stone sucked away most of the heat.

The stained glass windows attracted the most attention. Only two or three of them displayed religious scenes. The rest were images from key moments in scientific history. There was the Big Bang, Newton and even a coloured glass representation of Einstein. Many of the windows were smashed, so not all the pictures were there. Kow had unpacked some sandwiches.

Brooks looked towards g.man who nodded back. Brooks began to speak. His shoulder length auburn hair caught the coloured lights for the window. His stubble had gone. He looked determined and back in control.

Brooks waited for silence. There was the sound of rustling as Kow opened up a bag of sweets and unwrapped one slowly before popping it into his mouth. Kow shrugged at those who glared at him.

A deep Yorkshire accent filled the air.

‘This is rumour control, and these are the facts. Yossarian and the Halols are currently stationed on top of Journey Mountain, trying their best to keep down the number of spambots that have appeared and are trying to take over the forum. Yoss estimates this number to be in the region of 2500 spambots and slowly growing. Paul and Adored have built a Minecraft perimeter around the main house to hopefully contain any potential break outs. This wall will be strengthened again over the next day. Stormy will continue to fly with his Shmupper squad providing back up if needed, hence the reason him, Pablo and Ayns aren’t here just now. If needs be we will have to take out the house, but that’s our last and worst option.’

Brooks looked at the crowd in front of him. Everyone was listening intently so he continued.

‘We need to get back into the control room, and that means firepower. We need more volunteers to help the Halols up at the House. We need to push the spambots back so we can fix the damaged control console. Well, so that Petey can fix the console.’

Brooks stopped, expecting Petey to jump in but the Janitor’s head was turned to look at the door at the back of the church.

Petey turned back around and caught Brooks gaze. Petey grimaced, shrieked and the back of his head exploded. The crowd behind him shouted in disgust as they were covered in a mixture of blood and brains. Frantic was sick into the pew in front of him.

Brooks shook himself back to reality.

‘What?’ said Petey and shrugged.

Brooks glared and continued.

‘I was hoping that the Gonzo and his Gears team would consider getting involved. I would also like Davie and Webbins and anyone else who wants a bit of BF3 action.’

‘About flipping time!’ shouted Onzo.

‘Are you sure?’ said a voice.

Bollockoff stood up, slightly sheepishly at first.

‘I’m not sure I know what you mean Koff.’ replied Brooks.

‘I mean, well, from what I’ve heard, we don’t seem to be having much of an impact. Have we thought about an alternative?’ said Bollockoff

‘Like what? Inviting them round for tea and biscuits? You might not have noticed, but I seem to be short of custard creams!’

‘Oh! I’ve got some!’ shouted Kow, reaching into his bag and rummaging.

He stopped when the stares were getting too intense, muttering to himself.

‘Maybe we should try talking to them instead of killing them? Maybe we should find out what they want? Ask questions before we shoot? Maybe they’re harmless?’ said Bollockoff.

‘You think? Maybe we should ask everyone that got out? Maybe we should ask everyone that was able to walk out of there once they took over the floor? Maybe we should ask Reg if they are harmless. Oh wait. Reg is dead!’

Brooks was shouting. Bollockoff sat down quickly. G.man put his hand on Brooks shoulder but Brooks shrugged it off.

‘You need to listen and you need to listen very carefully. The badges don’t work anymore. The Medikits have limited use. There’s no concentrate to heal. There’s no knowing at the moment that you log out if you die. We need to get back onto the control floor. We need to wipe them out. It’s that simple.’

Brooks stopped talking. His breathing was fast and shallow. The whole church was staring at him.

There was a tap on his shoulder and a whisper in his ear.

‘Have a seat man, please.’ It was g.man.

Brooks shook his head started talking again.

‘Those who want to take part. Be at No subject in ten minutes. Gav is still up at the Mountain house but you can still stock up through the gamemakers if you need to. I’m sure Workid will help to get you guys up to the summit when he gets back. Hopefully Petey will get his head out of his arse for five minutes to help us when we get onto the control floor.’ This was met by a chuckle or two but nothing more. Petey sat on his part of the pew, embarrassed.

‘Has anyone else got anything sensible to add?’ said Brooks, looking at Bollo while he said it.

The God thread was quiet.

‘Good hunting everyone. Be careful out there.’ said g.man.

The forumites stood up and started to file out, there was little conversation shared.

Some hung about in the church, just waiting to see if anything else would happen.

G.man looked at Brooks.

‘That was a bit harsh on Bollo.’ He said quietly. ‘We haven’t considered they might be harmless.’

‘Did you tell them to stay away?’ asked Brooks.

‘No. I think they got the feeling they weren’t welcome.’ said g.man.

Blu took her hands off the side of the church wall.

‘Why are you stopping? asked Lonely.

‘It’s tiring, and besides, I could hear more through the smashed pane then I could through the thread. He almost lost it in front of everyone.’

Lonely took Blu’s hand. She shared everything see had picked up.

‘How did you see what Brooks was thinking?’ asked Lonely

‘I don’t know. It’s all data after all. I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to see every part and everyone on the island with more practice.’ I’ll show you how. I still think he’s dangerous.’ Blu replied.

‘No, I’m not sure about that at all. Getting into people’s minds? That’s wrong Blu. Please don’t do that again.’

‘Okay. Sorry.’ And Blu looked down.

‘That dog is back again.’ She said.

Lonely looked down at Revel.

‘Another bottle boy?! Okay, but this is the last time!’ he said smiling.

Lonely picked up the bottle and threw it so it landed back in the sea and started bobbing.

‘What did you do that for? Look in the bottle for goodness sake you Muppet! Pay attention! Stop ignoring me! Oh wait. I’m barking aren’t I?’ Revel stopped himself

Revel ran off again and walked across the first five feet of the sea, without sinking into the water, retrieved a bottle and ran back to Lonely. He dropped the bottle at his feet and shameful sat down and pawed the bottle in front of him.

‘Look in the bottle g.boy, there’s a note.’ said Revel.

‘You’re talking? How did you walk on the water little doggy, is it that solid?! Good boy!’ said Lonely.

‘Yeah, well, I’m only a little dog. I’ll bite you if you don’t drop the patronising lark.’ Said Revel

‘That’s a power drain glitch then’ said Blu, ignoring Revel.

‘It’s worse than that’ said Lonely, reading the note from the bottle.

Blu touched Lonely.

‘We have to tell the others now.’ Said Blu

‘Biscuit for the good doggy?’ said Revel.

Lonely and Blu had already rushed off around the side of the church to tell the others.

‘Gits.’ He said to himself.

Revel peed on the side of the church, had a scratch and picked up a nearby stick and headed off to find someone with a biscuit.

Blu and Lonely entered the church at the same time as Beano and Mod.

They all rushed up to g.man and Brooks, who were chatting with Elmlea, Goober and Wookie.

Gonzo was sitting down not too far away, chewing on a carrot stick.

Brooks glared at Blu. Petey’s face cracked the biggest smile when he realised Blu had arrived. This wasn’t ignored by Lonely who found he wanted to say something sarcastic at Petey if he said something.

No matter what was said.

Even if what he did say was backed up with water tight evidence.

He wanted to tell him it was nonsense.

Blu gave him a sideways glance as she held his hand but didn’t respond. She squeezed it very lightly though. Reassuringly.

The four of them went to talk at once.

G.man waved his hands to shut them down.

‘Ok. One at a time, please!’

‘We have a problem.’ said Beano

‘No kidding.’ said Mod

‘Well, what would you say then? replied Beano

‘Not we have a problem anyway’ said Mod

‘Well you say it then!’ said Beano and he threw the report at Mod

‘I will!’ shouted Mod and he caught the report looked at it and had to turn it the right way up.

‘Somebody say something for flip sake!’ shouted Brooks.

‘There’s been a breakout on the control floor.’ said Blu.

‘There’s been a breakout on the control floor.’ said Mod and he looked at Blu.

‘I could see what was written.’ said Blu in answer to Brook’s stare.

‘Part of the south facing wall changed from stone to paper for three seconds. The spambots have broken through. It’s only the Minecraft Wall holding them now.’

‘We’re strengthening that wall though, aren’t we?’ said g.man.

‘Not until we can get Paul up there. We’ll need every Minecrafter now. I don’t know if we have the resources.’ said Brooks

‘We don’t have the time either.’ said Lonely and he handed G.man the rolled up piece of paper.

G.man, read it over. He then read it again. He looked at Petey a couple of times while he read it for the third time.

‘Well?’ said Brooks.

‘It’s the hosting company. They are saying after several attempts to contact us, and due to no action being taken on our part and the increased amount of Spam on our Server space, they have given us 24 hours to resolve the current issues.’

‘Or?’ said Mod.

‘They’ll shut us down. They’re going to turn the forum off.’ said G.man
  • ZOMG!!!!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
  • Dammit. Ram got there first.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • and to think they mocked when i insisted on always carrying around my collection of dramatic orchestral swells...
  • Good work.

(Gives Revel a custard cream, and throws the stick for him...)
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Good work.

(Gives Revel a custard cream, and throws the stick for him...)

*poos everywhere because of coeliacs*

• (Looks at the pack of gluten free custard creams and wonders what went wrong.  Concludes that revel would never just poo everywhere for comedy effect, and pens a strongly worded letter to the biscuit manufacturer.  Gives a deep sigh, then cleans up the poo...)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Excellent stuff Rev. And Tin, but mostly Rev.
  • This just gets brillianter and brillianter.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    (Looks at the pack of gluten free custard creams and wonders what went wrong.  Concludes that revel would never just poo everywhere for comedy effect, and pens a strongly worded letter to the biscuit manufacturer.  Gives a deep sigh, then cleans up the poo...)

Revel starts to worry he has a stalker..

• Top notch as always. 

CLIFFS BEING HUNG ON TO.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    HOW DID U NO I LIKE EATING CARROTS BY THEMSELVES? XCEPT NOT STICKS I EAT THEM WHOLE. FUCKIN TASTY SHIZZLE.

You quit smoking and you look like you is liking the carrot vibe ONZ.
  • Next part. Next week.
  • You tease
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!