• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Indeed.

Was able to use the unbroken back door off the case to replace a cracked back door I had on one of my copes of F355 chellenge which is now defect free. I have a 2nd copy just in case I ever come across the ultra rare link cable as it supports it. My second copy has working back and front covers but they both have cracks unfortunately.

Was also able to use the blue centre section to replace my Sega Rally 2 one which had broken teeth - so it holds the disc properly now - though the front door is broken.

It seems most DC cases have the broken front door/cover - it has long lugs that are quite brittle.

Left with 6 games out of 45 with a broken case and I have a Super Magnetic Neo with only the manual which may be problematic to upgrade.

Sigh. It's a curse to care about this.  I doubt I would ever trust anyone to open a DC game!
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • If you're missing the inlays for Neo I can sort you out. It's a game I kept - along with Bangai-O - just in case I ever picked up another Dreamcast, but I only need the disc really.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh - that would be great :)

I have the soccer game I took out of the case. Disc with manual and inlays pretty much perfect. Could swap if you want it.

It's called UEFA Dream Soccer - no idea what it's like.

Bangai-O is a splendid game. My copy is pristine. :)
  • I'm good cheers. I've had a mate's DC in the house for 10 years now, but the pad ports are borked. If I was that fussed to play it I would've got it fixed/had a go myself at some point. Pm your address I'll sort it out in the next week or so.
  • If UEFA Dream Soccer is one of the Olympic Soccer/World League Soccer types I'm thinking of where you pull back on the stick to get lift on your shot it's not that bad, or at least it wasn't at the time.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye - checked it out on youtube - looks OK. But soccer games aren't my thing. I have Virtua Striker for Gamecube so I don't need another one. 

The DC ports are probably just fuses - it's a well known thing that - if a controller is unplugged or plugged in with the power on it can blow the fuses.

Anyhow - will PM you my address. Cheers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Dusting my gaming shelves this week (I know - am off work for a couple of days). Have been able to use my fodder games to update some cracked cases in my Saturn import collection. I didn't realise it was easy to swap the disc tray in jewel cases up until now. Found it pleasing.

My collection is sparkling now too. :)

Local game shop got some lovely import SNES games in. Lovely condition too - Pocky & Rocky probably highlight. I'm not really in that market at present but will be trading my CIB PAL Super SWIV in to a CIB NTSC Firepower 2000 (which is the same game). Will find that pleasing as I'm slowly upgraading my SNES collection to NTSC.
  • Is their Pocky & Rocky US NTSC? If so how much they charging?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It was - went pretty quickly. Was CIB and looked minty. £90

They are called TGT Belfast on Facebook - if you want to keep an eye out there I can pick stuff up for you if you want - though the guy takes paypal so you can DIY.
  • Bugger, that's an absolute bargain.

Ok, I'll look them up, cheers mate.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Picked Firepower 2000 up today - traded my Super SWIV in for it. Prefer the NTSC version. It's in far better condition that my PAL copy too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bugger, that's an absolute bargain. Ok, I'll look them up, cheers mate.

He has a Zombies going for 75 and Magical Quest Mickey Mouse for 35. Both NTSC, complete and looking very good condition-wise. He also has some original GB games in - some very rare - all CIB and immaculate.
  • Zombies is tempting.

I've for Firepower 2000, good game that.

I upgraded my SNES collection to NTSC about 10 years ago now, even got lucky and made a little money doing it.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If I'm smart I'll probably be able do it using my PAL games. Have the likes of Castlevania IV, LttP, RType III, Un Squadron et al all complete and in nice condition.

I've owned my copy of Super SWIV since way back when SNES appeared circa '92. Held onto it that whole time and have played the hell out of it over the years and have always been fond of it. Completed it with both heli and jeep. Started playing it again recently so when the NTSC version popped up I had to swap them - even though thr PAL version(SWIV) plays fine at 60 Hz.  Wonder about that name change. Must have been a licencing thing.
  • There's an Ultimate Gynoug article in this month's Retro Gamer @JonB
  • Nina wrote:
    Stuff about DSLites

Do you still want some spares? How many?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Still enjoying my Asteroids Deluxe cabinet. All my top 3 scores are above 50K now but not consistent enough to challenge them every session.

What I have noticed is that I'm starting to twitch and body swerve while playing. I'm not one of those people who moves a lot when playing console games. Something about a cabinet that gets to you though. :)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Finally got round to hacking the SNES Classic and glad I did, all the delights.  80 games all up and that will just about do.  Also got Targa which looks pretty amazing for a SNES game.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Fanmade Alex Kidd in Miracle World 2 rom loaded onto my PSP for tomorrow. I've never played a homebrew sequel, not sure why as I'd be almost guaranteed to like certain attempts.
  • Miracle World is where it started for me at home, odd tellypong machine excluded it was my first step up from LCD stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Is that the one that was built into the SMS?
  • Yep, the built-in thing swayed the decision over a NES iirc, plus the girl who got me into it had a few games I could borrow, including Double Dragon. I was leaning towards Kung Fu Master otherwise.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was the only Alex game I ever played. A mate bought an SMS with that game built in and a World Cup Soccer game. This was at a time when I was fed up with gaming as the 8bit micro era with dodgy games and tape loading killed it for me.

Those SMS sessions got me interested again - though I ended up getting a NES to play Super Mario Bros.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Finally got round to hacking the SNES Classic and glad I did, all the delights.  80 games all up and that will just about do.  Also got Targa which looks pretty amazing for a SNES game.

As much as I love my SNES collection, if someone offered my the £XXXX value I'd bite their hand off and do what you did.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Alex Kidd in MW 2 done.  Review on p.3 of the 52 Games Thread if anyone's interested.  Quick summary - it's alright.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:

As much as I love my SNES collection, if someone offered my the £XXXX value I'd bite their hand off and do what you did.
    It's awfully darn convenient. Doing NES classic tomorrow, another 80 odd games and even more intense nostalgia. Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle n Roll and Journey To Silius await.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    who
  • A dodgy Glasgow punk band from the late nineties, as far as I know.
  • Not them. Not the DS home movie either. I'll link when I get home.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!