PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    You have some big box Wii games too I see? I meant to pick some of those up - Pandora's Tower et al as I reckoned they would be collectable - but just left it in the end - I was really running out of space.

This has me wondering what Wii games are of value? It will probably be some time before they go that way since it was such a success.

My daughters have a reasonable DS collection and I got them little cart pouches and made sure to take the boxes and manuals off them and put them in storage when they were young. They have some crackers - the real cream of the library - because I bought them games every Christmas for it. Not sure what they are worth now.

I have goldeneye, skyward sword and Mario 25th all stars big box.

The 'will box holds the three project rainfall games. I had spec eds for them all but sold them and went for vanilla editions. Of course I have the coins too.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I love that true fans have Ghost Squad.

Indeed, such a shame the Wii never got a version of Virtua Cop Elite Edition from PS2.

I did have the RE: Umbrella games and the Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack on Wii originally, but picked them up cheap on PS3.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Correct!  Have the RE Umbrella games, HOTD2+3 and Overkill and one called LA Machine guns or something.  The Zelda game is nice too.

Have 2 pump action gunshells for Overkill!!  :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Indeed, such a shame the Wii never got a version of Virtua Cop Elite Edition from PS2.

I did have the RE: Umbrella games and the Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack on Wii originally, but picked them up cheap on PS3
    davyK wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Correct!

If you know, you know.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I put a fair old bit of time into Ghost Squad.  Immensely enjoyable and repeat play value to the rafters.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Playing Overkill with the big pump action was just too much fun. I picked up a 2nd copy of Overkill that came with a comic and 2 hand cannons (think it's partially visible in my picture). When you beat director's cut mode you can unlock dual wield mode and with the two hand cannons it's hard to wipe the stupid grin off your face...
  • My Wii and Wii U accessories:

krPTRd8.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Still have the zapper box but I ditched the rest I think....
  • I have a fair bit of WiiU, its all stored so no photos I am afraid.
    I dont have the big box stuff like Reg, other than Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing Shite Party and the large Wooly Yoshi Amiibo.
    I have a bunch of accessories thoiugh. 
    Both variations of the Pokken Pad, GC adaptor, sealed expandable battery, Link MK8 wheels x 2 etc.
  • I imagine that sealed battery might be worth a bit.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I regret not getting that Wii U battery when it was on clearance. Not that it's made any difference I suppose as I don't use it any more.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yeah I'm sitting on that battery hoping they will be in demand down the line.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Mentioned the Wii pump action gun shells earlier...here they are. They have a built in nunchuck as well. 

ubnCMHM.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Holy God I've never seen them. Amazing
  • Yeah, they look pretty sweet tbf.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm not one for bits of plastic but gun shells do genuinely add to the enjoyment. When I first used the Wii Zapper I was surprised how much better playing a gun game was with it. It looks daft but it feels good. :)
  • I have ~140 Wii games and around 50 more in the wishlist but own most of the ones I really want. I don't think there's that many games that are really valuable yet but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't go up. Rarest game I have is probably Legend Of Sayuki. Ebay has two sealed ones for ~£300 (!) and one PAL ITA version for £67. No idea what the ukv version really is worth as information is so scarce. Got mine for €30 new but not sealed from a local indie shop in Finland couple of years ago which was really random. :)

Last games I bought were JPN exclusives Captain Rainbow and Earth Seeker as both have now been fan translated. Need to get Fatal Frame IV too but it's pretty pricey already (£50).
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Jeez - I've 86 on the shelf - would have been >100 at one point but nowhere near you even then. Trying to think of which ones I ditched. 

The Carnival games (3 of them I think) went, 
    Fritz Chess , Mensa Challenge, 
    Tiger Woods 2010, 
    4 or 5 Guitar Hero games and DJ Hero 1 & 2. 
    Sega London Olympics was bad as was Virtua Tennis 4 (was bad on 360 too).

It remains the biggest batch of games I have.

My clearout really decimated by PAL N64 and Saturn collections. Trimmed off a lot stuff I would never play there. The Gamecube and SNES took a hit too. Was around 300 games in total offloaded when I downsized.
  • Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 on Wii has a nice arcade mode that is a first person rail shooter. I don't think many people are aware of it and there seems to be many light gun enthusiasts here. :) Obviously dirt cheap too.

https://youtu.be/fYL3uWF2a1s
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    There's only 2 I want - the conduit 2 and a boy and his blob.

Wiukd be delighted with my collection after that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I played a bit of Call of Duty Black Ops (and World at War - forgot I had those two games). I thought the Wii's FPS control scheme was really interesting. If the old Wii had the heft to host the full fat FPS games of the day it may well have supplanted twin stick that gen as it was essentially a console version of keyboard and mouse. But hey ho.

COD had a light gun option as well - moving with the nunchuck mounted on the zapper - was a tremendous development really that has been forgotten. Made the genre far more accessible in my opinion.

Boy and his Blob is a good shout.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Until now I'd have said my Wii was my *complete* collection and I was happiest with it. Now look what you have done.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have this little gem - control is rock solid.

• That looks great.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Oh man that is another. I need to leave this thread
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Medal of Honor : Heroes 2 looks like it may be on my list.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ivy the Kiwi has 4 player split screen racing too - haven't tried that mode yet though. Utterly charming game.

Bit.Trip Complete and Rhythm Paradise : Beat the Beat are another two that a collector should look out for.

Rhythm Paradise has some 2 player modes that are an absolute hoot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Real talk i need the following to clear my personal sets -

Super Famicom

Super Tennis
    Buster Busts Loose (on super famicom)
    Alien 3

JP N64

Robotron 64
    Diddy Kong Racing

JP GC

Obama
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Has anyone got Blazing Angels on Wii? I always fancied that after seeing it in the arcade. It got a 360 release too.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!