Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Did JP get Robotron64?

I'd like to get JP DKR.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    No clue r.e robotron I just want it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I do still have my pal n64 and around 50 games if that helps.
  • Some Wii game I wanted but never picked up are:
    Sky Crawlers
    Deadly Creatures
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have the latter and it is amazing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    This is opening up the Wii rabbit hole again....last game I got for it was recent acquisition - EA Grand Slam Tennis which uses the M+ and it's an excellent game requiring a fair degree of skill. It sensibly played to the Wii's spec and went for cartoon versions of the stars and is all the better for it. You can add the nunchuck and disable auto-movement to make it even harder.

Works with ordinary remotes too but that dumbs it down quite a bit but still a fun game and it means it caters for all skill levels.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

It's quite nice but it errs on the easy side so I found games went on a bit for the simplistic style of play. It probably can be turned up in difficulty but I can't remember. Features a dual controller mode for optimal play. I sold my PAL copy of Robotron recently - went into the Bangai O fund so its demise was worthy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another nice collectable for Wii is Boom Street which seems to be only time Itadaki Street escaped from Japan (which started life as a board game bonus level in Dragon Quest I think).

It's Monopoly but with tactical play added to the basic rent collecting by share trading - you can own shares in your opponents' properties which go up in value when they develop it / put houses on it - resulting in a trade off between collecting higher rent and potentially increasing your opponents' portfolio.  The boards are non-circular too with lots of different paths. Bizarrely it's dual themed - mixing the Mario and Dragon Quest universe together will a huge side order of fan service in the boards, characters and jingles etc.  No mini-games here - just a pure board game. I played it briefly online and it was quite a good experience.  You win by achieving a target amount of wealth and then return to the bank...once someone gets the target value opponents start selling their shares like crazy before the leader gets to the bank and win as it makes the price and subsequently the leader's wealth drop.

It suffers a bit because the local MP doesn't let you save mid-game and continue later and given its a couple of hours at least for a good game I thought that an odd omission since you can save mid-game in the one player campaign mode that unlocks more boards.  But if you have 4 who are into board games that won't be a problem - it works well because a physical version of this would be too much work with the share value calculations and events that change board layouts mid game etc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Also - Mario Party was pretty ropey on Wii which saw it collapse into a blind luck game, particularly when it hit No.9 (which incidentally was released the same day as Boom Street and probably cost the better game in sales). But there's an alternative called Pacman Party which has a good helping of tactical play mixed with a pile of decent mini games. Really nicely presented too.
  • I've got a shoebox full of loose GBA carts. 72 of them I think. I was building a nice collection a few years back, had them in the shoebox for convenience and the boxes in the loft (although half were bought unboxed anyway). Most of the boxes have damaged though (rats - rats), so I've only got the carts now.

What's the best way for me to go about selling them? Any interest on here? Some rare-ish stuff in there. More for playing than collecting I guess.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Ooh, the conversation got even more interesting, GBA ehh? You gonna try and sell them all at once? Can imagine there being a lot of fun games that Tilly can play as well.

(I also have big box Project Zero on the WiiU, thanks to Reg mentioning it at the time. Just looked up ebay prices. Not bad at all)
  • She's had a mess aound with quite a few but most of them are on an emulator we've got now.

Would probably sell rarer ones separately and joblot the rest.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Could you list them? I have a GBA player for Gamecube that hardly gets any use....
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm interested in a list as well, although any UK badgers can have first dibs to avoid the hassle of international shipping.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My only dibs is astroboy.
  • I've got Astroboy. Will do a list at the weekend. The only ones I don't want to get rid of off the top of my head are Kururin Paradise, Warioware Twisted and Hajime no Ippo.
  • Some under the radar bangers in there like Moto Racer, Iridion 2, Racing Gears and Spyro Eternal Knight.
  • Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Shining Force, Lady Sia, Go Go Beckham, Guardian & Gunstar Heroes, Castlevania double packs, Final Fight, Double Dragon (cracking version). Loads more obvs. Was pleased with the collection but I'm good with emulation these days.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You had Wade Hixton's Counterpunch as well right? Remember you talking about that one.

I have quite a long list of GBA games I'd want, it's to only system I actively look for sometimes, but it's hard to get CIB boxes. Looking forward to the list, the GBA has so many great games that there's always a few surprises in anyone's list.

I need to crack on with Astro Boy, am in the second or third world of the Rebirth playthrough. Should take me less than 10 hours to finish that up, using a guide to mop up any missed character cards as well.
  • I have got Counterpunch, easily the best Punch-out clone for my money. Replayed it a couple of years ago. I initially played it before Super/Punch-Out, so it's possible I have a weird soft spot for it.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii and Gamecube Twilight Princess are the 2 things I am actively looking for atm - rare as rocking horse shit though mostly (at a reasonable price anyway)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Here's all the GBA games I have at my mom's place. I have a couple more at my brother's place I think, and a few here in the US, most CIB so I'm quite happy with what I got.

DS games 'cause it's got the big Kid Icarus box

rXbUqPk.jpg
    PwPsHQd.jpg
    IoMjhW5.jpg
    RZPqzoH.jpg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A couple of pages ago I posted about getting my US 2600 with composite mod repaired....update.

Hooked my composite modded US 2600 up to my 2nd CRT and the display on that is a lot clearer. My PAL woody with RF has a shit picture on CRT1 and really clear on CRT2. Of course CRT2 is rotated for TATE shmups.

Sigh.

So. Tried hooking them up to CRT1 using my old Sony VCR and that has given me a far better picture. So there you go. My 7800 via RF is really nice that way too. So I'll be holding onto that old VCR then.

I was holding onto it because I have a pile of camcorder tapes to transfer to digital. I really should get on with that.

For the time being I'm probably just going to play 2600 using the PAL woody loaded with PAL60 ROMs onto my Harmony cart. Itching to get into Kaboom! again for a while.  I've always got the US 2600 for games I can't find PAL60Hz ROMs for if an when the need arises.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

Just checked. Japan didn't get Robotron64. PAL and US regions got it. If you have a JP console the US version will work with a bridge adaptor or a physical mod to the cart slot. The region lock in NTSC was just a notch on the carts.
  • Questor wrote:
    Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii and Gamecube Twilight Princess are the 2 things I am actively looking for atm - rare as rocking horse shit though mostly (at a reasonable price anyway)

I got lucky with GC Twilight Princess. Got the disc really cheap in a larger lot and got the case and manual for €20 shipped a while ago. Wii U version is class so I'll never play the GC version but it's nice to have anyway.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I have Wii Twilight Princess for some reason. I barely remember buying it. Is it any good? (Not that I'll play it).

I had the GC version but sold it as part of my mighty clearout 5 years ago. It's one I should have sold privately as a single game but fuck it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Questor wrote:

I've seen Trilogy go for as low as £35 recently on eBay. £50 seems to be the going rate which is what I paid for mine. Not sure why as I doubt I'll ever play it.
  • It is a good game but overly ambitious for the Wii's tech imho. The antithesis to games like Mario Galaxy that still look great.

The WiiU HD version is excellent. Just that extra bit of power bumped it up from my least favourite 3D Zelda to maybe 3rd after Wind Waker and BotW. WiiU is definitely the place to be for 3D Zelda.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't think I've ever even put the disc in the drive. Jesus.

Zelda was ALttP for me. Loved that but I haven't finished a Zelda game since. I'd like to complete Windwaker maybe.
  • Wind Waker is really quite short so should be doable.
    TP on the other hand is a bit of a beast for a fairly linear game (in comparison to BotW or the early Zeldas).

As well as the increased graphics having the extra screen on the Wiiu transforms 3D Zeldas. Having the map and item screens available at all times is great. Same goes for OOT and Majora on the 3DS.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!