myHighness

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Coffin

Yes, thank you.
  • The Witness

Looks pretty, not sure if i like it yet
  • Nina wrote:
    It's IX I'm playing though, not XI. I don't know if that makes a difference for job swapping related mechanics.

Not gonna give up on this yet, there's still something that happens each time I play that makes me smile, sometimes it's just the name of a new monster, yesterday it was finding out your character shows up as a chest in your party when she died (damn, I forgot the word, can't even remember the Dutch word for it right now. Casket, is that it?)

That’s my bad - reading comprehension fail.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, I'm trying to reduce that feeling of wanting a new shiny game (DQXI) by playing an older version on the same series that I bought years ago from Reg here (sorry, save is deleted) and so far it's working.

I don't know if me liking IX will mean I would also like XI, but at least I'm doing the thing that makes sense after hours of talking with myself.

Just bought Luigi instead.
  • I think IX is more grindy as it was built around multiplayer, right? Given you like games such as Monster Hunter, I’d imagine that kinda loop would be ok for you.

XI is much more traditional and closer to, say, VIII.

VII sits in a nice sweet spot - has job classes and a decent amount of dungeoning and grind (if you want), but also a traditional narrative focus.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So now I have three games I need to buy!

I don't know anything about Dragon Quest tbh, this is the first one I'm playing and I think it's one people enjoyed. I know JonB and Reg did and, weirdly enough, I trust their opinions.

The writing is a lot of fun, loads of puns that are very easy to catch. Translation did a good job there. I just don't get a feel for how it progresses yet.

And yes, I like grinds. I played and completed Bravely Default.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Coffin

Yes, thank you.
    Heh, next town I got to visit is called Coffinwell. I'll never forget again.

• Ha ha. The puns in the game are great.
  • ‘Twas a cough that carried her off.
    ‘Twas a coffin they carried her off in.
  • Afterparty here too, roughly 80 mins in.  I fully expect to like it based on what I've played but it feels a bit unfinished in its present state, plenty of slowdown and freezing.  Considering it's a dialogue driven game some of the voice acting (specifically accents) is a bit crap too.  Enjoying it though, the processing scenes were excellent.
  • Unfortunately, i did not enjoy Afterparty. Did not grab me like Oxenfree. I am not patient! Tried Outer Worlds. MEH.
  • Needed something that was only mouse use. Back has twanged again so I'm on couch.

Started evergarden.

Pleasant enough puzzler.

Whether it has the same legs is another thing, but @Yossarian may want to keep an eye. Mechanics are of similar vein to 3s and 2048, but with different shaped flowers.

Hexagonal shapes too.

Very nice music, clean graphical style.

We'll see if it has the depth soon enough.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've started reading popular visual novel Fate/stay night. Not too far into it yet but I'm finding it kinda relaxing to play for a few minutes here and there, just pressing the button to make the text go and not having to stress with interaction.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    Needed something that was only mouse use. Back has twanged again so I'm on couch.

Started evergarden.

Pleasant enough puzzler.

Whether it has the same legs is another thing, but @Yossarian may want to keep an eye. Mechanics are of similar vein to 3s and 2048, but with different shaped flowers.

Hexagonal shapes too.

Very nice music, clean graphical style.

We'll see if it has the depth soon enough.

Looks pretty. Let me know how you get on with it.
  • Started playing Gwent on iPad, enjoying it greatly
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Back to The Witcher. My last save was in 2016.

Just started Chapter 3. It's a tad clunky but the atmosphere, quests, and story more than compensate.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Got Sundered from Chrono today for $5 - seems good so far, and the graphics are GORGEOUS
  • Yeah, it's pretty cool. I went awsy from it a while back, but should go back. Some frustrations, but pretty cool.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Resident Evil 4. 

It's been a few years since I played through this, so I'd intended to do so for Halloween. I'm fashionably late, though. 

The atmosphere is still great, and I'd forgotten how good the sound design is, it really builds the tension. As do the controls, which feel clunky at first but are a big part of the game balance, which is still great. There's lots I've forgotten and I'm really looking forward to working my way through it. Best of all it doesn't...

constantly...

interupt you...

with pop-ups...

and instructions...

and take the control away from you...

It handles many things really neatly, for example you get sent a book of the controls, to read at your leisure. While pretty, AAA games have become insanely bloated recently, this is a precision instrument in comparison. Even the inventory management is enjoyable.

Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger.
  • hee hee, me neither (when you zoom out of the page it changes the font size, it looked normal to me).
  • trippy wrote:
    Resident Evil 4. It's been a few years since I played through this, so I'd intended to do so for Halloween. I'm fashionably late, though.The atmosphere is still great, and I'd forgotten how good the sound design is, it really builds the tension. As do the controls, which feel clunky at first but are a big part of the game balance, which is still great. There's lots I've forgotten and I'm really looking forward to working my way through it. Best of all it doesn't... constantly...interupt you...with pop-ups...and instructions...and take the control away from you...It handles many things really neatly, for example you get sent a book of the controls, to read at your leisure. While pretty, AAA games have become insanely bloated recently, this is a precision instrument in comparison. Even the inventory management is enjoyable. Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger.

Loved it on Wii.. was excited for the Switch version.. it's not aged well imo and I can't ignore all the really annoying things it does that modern action games do better.
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Raiden 3 on PS2.

A tough old bitch of a game. I'm journalling my efforts in the shmup thread.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Guacamelee 2 again, after a bit of a break. I'm liking it more now I've unlocked the double jump. Still not clicking with the combat but it rarely lasts long.
  • Gears 5, the Campaign is awesome, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the best campaign of all of them (so far.) And looks insanely good on xbonex + oled tv.
  • Go to the Matriarch yet?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!