Xbox One
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    £300 disposable income per month? Fucking hell. Me and the wife are lucky to have £100 disposable per month.
    It was just an example.  At times I've had pretty much zero disposable income bar maybe £40-50, at other times I've had loads more.  Point is if you're considering buying one of these consoles, you can probably afford it.

Nope. My purchase is going to be funded by trading in my PS3 and seeing what else I can flog to make the numbers up. But, as I've already stated, unless there's anything that interests me at launch (which there currently isn't), I'll be waiting until there is.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Plan M wrote:
    We need to remember the prices of stuff when we were kids as well. If we wanted a top of the range machine (i.e. an Amiga 500) it would set our folks back 500 quid.
    Pfft. The SNES was £150 with a game and 2 controllers.
  • Seems Elm is going to be our console retailer of choice.

Do you do refunds or exchanges if we're unhappy with our choices Elm?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Somebody near my sister just got caught with £11k worth of skunk growing in his house. He got a caution. A fucking caution. I got fined £185 for doing 43mph in a 30mph.

[devilsadvocate]Hit my daughter at 43mph in a residential area when she chases a ball onto the street and you'll kill her.  Hit her at 30mph and she's got something like an 85% better chance of surviving.  £11k of drugs doesn't really make him Scarface.[/devilsadvocate]
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    *hugs* Also, here's a deal.  XBox Ones are £322.94 tax free through the military outlet here, and Mattrick's just confirmed they're region free.  I'll buy you one and post it over if you cover the postage, should be around (omg) £350 all in!   There you go, actual free choice.
    Is this a deal that is available to all military personnel or is it dependent on where you are currently located? One of my mates is a weapons engineer in the Navy, I might have to have a word if it is doable!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Somebody near my sister just got caught with £11k worth of skunk growing in his house.

Personal use m8
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Is this a deal that is available to all military personnel or is it dependent on where you are currently located? One of my mates is a weapons engineer in the Navy, I might have to have a word if it is doable!

Only US military.  While VAT's included in the UK prices, the US ones are tax free, as each state adds its own sales tax.  New Hampshire's 0%, Arizona's 11.7%, Nevada's 8.1%, and a bunch are dotted around that amount.  Because it's "not fair" to post a military guy to Arizona when he's from New Hampshire, there's a big supermarket and department store on every major base that sells things tax free.  Because I'm based here, I can use them.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Somebody near my sister just got caught with £11k worth of skunk growing in his house.
    Personal use m8
    It was!

Drugs are bad, mmmmkay!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Somebody near my sister just got caught with £11k worth of skunk growing in his house. He got a caution. A fucking caution. I got fined £185 for doing 43mph in a 30mph.
    [devilsadvocate]Hit my daughter at 43mph in a residential area when she chases a ball onto the street and you'll kill her.  Hit her at 30mph and she's got something like an 85% better chance of surviving. Grow 11k of drugs and you run the risk of giving students fits of giggles and the munchies.[/devilsadvocate]

FTFY.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    [devilsadvocate]Hit my daughter at 43mph in a residential area when she chases a ball onto the street and you'll kill her.  Hit her at 30mph and she's got something like an 85% better chance of surviving. Grow 11k of drugs and you run the risk of giving students fits of giggles and the munchies.[/devilsadvocate]
    FTFY.
    ...but everybody knows that skunk leads to heroin!

The worse thing that's ever happened to me through drugs is sunburn. I grabbed the 4 biggest windbreaks I could find and popped down to the beach with my missus and around 6 other family members, I built quite an impressive 'village' with a catering section, a changing room, and other such areas. I proceeded to slip my headphones on, hit play on the Magic Numbers and smoke a joint my sister had rolled.

I was super relaxed, so much so that I fell asleep. I burnt to a crisp, it was that bad that I couldn't even be in the same garden as the BBQ that evening as I could feel the heat whenever it was in my eyeline! Drugs are bad!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Worst thing I did was smoke a fire when out of cigs. As in take all the smoke in me gob ala a cigarette and inhale. Coughed up so much black stuff the next morning. Totally worth it.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Only US military.  While VAT's included in the UK prices, the US ones are tax free, as each state adds its own sales tax.  New Hampshire's 0%, Arizona's 11.7%, Nevada's 8.1%, and a bunch are dotted around that amount.  Because it's "not fair" to post a military guy to Arizona when he's from New Hampshire, there's a big supermarket and department store on every major base that sells things tax free.  Because I'm based here, I can use them.

How much does a vita cost there?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The import duty would likely be at least 20% I would imagine, I think it could be as high as 40%.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Actually, its likely to be duty free, but you would have to pay 20% vat plus shipping, handling fees, insurance etc...
  • Actually, its likely to be duty free, but you would have to pay 20% vat plus shipping, handling fees, insurance etc...

Unless you mark the package as a gift? Would be small enough.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I wouldn't wash. I reckon it would still get stopped by hmrc. The weight would give it away.
  • I wouldn't wash. I reckon it would still get stopped by hmrc. The weight would give it away.

Fuck that idea then. Hold on, Gonzos in Japan at the mo.......
  • currently the consoles are notionally region free, but can publishers (like atlus) implement regionness on their games if they want?
  • I would have thought so.
  • Only one game was region locked on PS3 apparently.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Seriously, does anyone really care about 80 quid?  It's a one off payment.

Fuck yes. 

That means a lot to any city dwelling 20 - 40 y/o travelling into work.

It will hurt Microsoft dearly. Especially given the specs of both systems and the platform agnostic policy of the modern games dev. 

Who the fuck would want to spend £80 more for a system, when both platforms largely play host to the same library?

Like, if a can of Pepsi is 40p and Coca 90p, what the fuck are you going to do?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Been out for the night, before I decide if it's worth reading the last 4 pages can someone tell me if now the DRM stick has been cruelly snatched away people have moved onto the price and/or Kinect instead?
  • Shitnect more like.
  • You'll read them either way.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    cruelly snatched away
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Personally, I'm using the the colour green as a shield to hide my totally irrational anti-Microsoft sentiment behind.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/20/4449902/sunset-overdrive-two-way-conversation-ted-price

It's hard to know how much to read into this, but the suggestion seems to be long winded game update certification is going away?
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    It was just an example.

A gauche one for a man in your position around us proles.

I'm in a minority of about one, but I've a homemade arcade stick and two custom-built pads worth more than I care to remember; a headset and amp; and a Fanatec CSR with pedals. I'll go wherever I can use at least half of them, else to a PC.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    You missed out mate... I came back last week with a vita of my own. 126.50 mate, 3g/WiFi. Sell it to you for a cool 150 if you buy gowj ;) lol

And you have the cheek to call me a mate!!!!!!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/20/4449902/sunset-overdrive-two-way-conversation-ted-price It's hard to know how much to read into this, but the suggestion seems to be long winded game update certification is going away?
    Nah, they've probably cut a Minecraft style deal with Microsoft.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!