DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Where'd you get the £80 for weed over three nights?! :D

Bloody hell.
  • I don't understand where £80 = Kinect comes from?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    You cannot say "roughly the same price" as that could be the different between someone's disposable income and eating into their savings. FOR EVERYONE IT IS DIFFERENT How do people not understand this?

Alright shouty, sorry.  It's just the way I see it; if you have (say) £300 disposable income per month, you could save a bit for 2 months and buy a PS4.  You could save for a fraction longer and get an Xbox One.  It's not like we're looking at an item that's £150 and one that's £1000.  

People who are genuinely short of cash, who're studying or not working etc, that's pretty understandable that every extra £1 counts and they won't be buying either.  But if you do have a decent amount of disposable income, even if you'd need to save for a couple of months to make sure you could afford it, I'm surprised that people are finding an £80 price difference to be such a stopper.
  • @mattyj It doesn't £80 =/= Kinect, because it's a mandatory purchase and people are going to assume it's in some way built into the RRP, as the PS4 doesn't have a PSeye and is £80 cheaper.

It's likely a partially false assumption, but it's easy. Would the Xbox be cheaper if they left the Kinect out of the box? You'd have to assume so, surely?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I don't understand where £80 = Kinect comes from?

Assumption; it's £80 more than a PS4, and they're very similar, but the XB1 comes with Kinect.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It doesn't £80 =/= Kinect, because it's a mandatory purchase and people are going to assume it's built into the RRP, as the PS4 doesn't have a PSeye and is £80 cheaper.

Didn't they say somewhere it'd be included?
  • When it comes to buying one of these, if someone gives me £80 I'll buy an Xbox. OK?
  • Yeah I just find it odd that people go "I don't want Kinect, which is what I'm paying the £80 for, so I don't want the 1".
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I don't understand where £80 = Kinect comes from?
    Because the Xbox One costs £429 and the PS4 costs £349, because Sony haven't bundled in everything to make their console/joypad function fully from the off people are presuming that this is where the £80 is going.

The PSEye (new one is around £45)...
  • Where'd you get the £80 for weed over three nights?! :D Bloody hell.

I'm out of touch with prices of drugs these days mate! :D
  • @mattyj Well where is my £80 going if the specs are revealed to be lower than the PS4's?

The only variable is the Kinect, and I see no merit in owning one over meatier specced hardware.

Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    It doesn't £80 =/= Kinect, because it's a mandatory purchase and people are going to assume it's built into the RRP, as the PS4 doesn't have a PSeye and is £80 cheaper.

Didn't they say somewhere it'd be included?

I can't keep up TBH

• Tempy wrote:
    As Reg said, everyone is different, and If I were saving for one, i'd save for the cheapest because next gen gaming is not that high on my priority list, and kinect is even lower, below turds and bugs.

:P I'd like to see this list that includes turds and bugs.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Well absolutely, I could have gone on to list all the prices of things that would ruin me, right down to £200 for a 500GB PS3 and 3 games, but I'm just repelling the idea that £80 doesn't matter, when it quite clearly does to a lot of people, including I imagine the main market who buy consoles: parents at christmas. As Reg said, everyone is different, and If I were saving for one, i'd save for the cheapest because next gen gaming is not that high on my priority list, and kinect is even lower, below turds and bugs.

Sure, there are plenty of people who absolutely will prefer a PS4 with 2 extra games (or 3 if you include the headset) over an Xbox One.  The PS4's almost certainly better value, unless you like the other features of the XB1 or the exclusives.

But that's sort of the point though; If you can afford a PS4 with 4 games, then you can afford an Xbox One with one game and a headset.  They're "about the same" in that sense.  Some people will decide that XB1 bundle is better for them than a PS4 one, others will purely want the larger number of games.  Some will buy both, others will only buy the one they'd decided regardless.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Where'd you get the £80 for weed over three nights?! :D Bloody hell.
    I'm out of touch with prices of drugs these days mate! :D

Haha, fair enough. They haven't changed much bar a twenty bag being the minimum purchase these days.
  • We need to remember the prices of stuff when we were kids as well.

If we wanted a top of the range machine (i.e. an Amiga 500) it would set our folks back 500 quid.
  • Tempy wrote:
    @mattyj Well where is my £80 going if the specs are revealed to be lower than the PS4's? The only variable is the Kinect, and I see no merit in owning one over meatier specced hardware.

What about the massive cloud server infrastructure?  I'm surprised people haven't said more about this, it's pretty exciting.
  • Tempy wrote:
    @mattyj Well where is my £80 going if the specs are revealed to be lower than the PS4's?

The only variable is the Kinect, and I see no merit in owning one over meatier specced hardware

depends on what you view the cost of the console as I guess? Operating system, infrastructure...is it just what's there or build quality etc? I don't even think of it like that, but then I don't have an issue with Kinect either.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't really understand why it's worth bothering saving an extra £80 for the One. There's unlikely to be very many unlimited-time exclusives. It looks as though the PS4 is going to be the 360 of this generation in terms of offering the slightly better multiplatform version for most stuff. If you take specific people like reg, he needs to maintain his Plus subscription to keep the pretty darn good benefits on PS3 and Vita that will continue well into this console generation, and probably won't want to be burdened with Live as well.

£80 isn't that much for a lot of people but £780 is, and if you're only getting one console, why go for One, especially if you've already got some investment in Sony's ecosystem?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Plan M wrote:
    We need to remember the prices of stuff when we were kids as well. If we wanted a top of the range machine (i.e. an Amiga 500) it would set our folks back 500 quid.

Absolutely.  With Gonz saying £400-odd is completely untenable, we need to remember that they literally sold every single £425 PS3 at launch, several years ago.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You're damn right I'm keeping plus going. I've basically got every Vita game that exists. COME ON SOUL SACRIFICE IN AUGUST.

All together, including the £95 my vita cost me, I've spent £145 and I've got like 20 games. YAS.

Anyway, I'll go with Jon. He's got it. If someone (elm) gives me £110 for the One (and headset) I'll go there.

Also me and elm made up on twitter xoxoxox
  • *hugs*

Also, here's a deal.  XBox Ones are £322.94 tax free through the military outlet here, and Mattrick's just confirmed they're region free.  I'll buy you one and post it over if you cover the postage, should be around (omg) £350 all in!  

There you go, actual free choice.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Now we got a fight
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll take one too Elm. Will pay you back around 2025.
  • I'll take one too Elm. Will pay you back around 2025.

If you could pay me back by 2015, when I'll be closing all my American accounts, I'd be tempted.
  • Xbox One is region free?!

Oh, that is good news.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    You cannot say "roughly the same price" as that could be the different between someone's disposable income and eating into their savings. FOR EVERYONE IT IS DIFFERENT How do people not understand this?
    Alright shouty, sorry.  It's just the way I see it; if you have (say) £300 disposable income per month, you could save a bit for 2 months and buy a PS4.  You could save for a fraction longer and get an Xbox One.  It's not like we're looking at an item that's £150 and one that's £1000.   People who are genuinely short of cash, who're studying or not working etc, that's pretty understandable that every extra £1 counts and they won't be buying either.  But if you do have a decent amount of disposable income, even if you'd need to save for a couple of months to make sure you could afford it, I'm surprised that people are finding an £80 price difference to be such a stopper.

£300 disposable income per month? Fucking hell. Me and the wife are lucky to have £100 disposable per month.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    £300 disposable income per month? Fucking hell. Me and the wife are lucky to have £100 disposable per month.

It was just an example.  At times I've had pretty much zero disposable income bar maybe £40-50, at other times I've had loads more.  Point is if you're considering buying one of these consoles, you can probably afford it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I'll take one too Elm. Will pay you back around 2025.
    If you could pay me back by 2015, when I'll be closing all my American accounts, I'd be tempted.

I couldn't, but cheers big man. I owe about £7000 as is (mainly uni).
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Somebody near my sister just got caught with £11k worth of skunk growing in his house. He got a caution. A fucking caution. I got fined £185 for doing 43mph in a 30mph.
  • Just checked the US prices, as I'm entitled to them tax free through the military.  PS4 is £257 and XB1 is £322.

I might buy a million of them and send them to the UK.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!