Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I read it when it was posted in the other thread. 'I don't trust Microsoft' stuck out like a sore thumb, as did 'Sony are still in the lead'. 

Fanboy wankery.
  • But he's right. There is still work to be done, especially with those who only follow the mainstream press rather than just the internet news sites.
    For a lot of people the damage has already been done, for others MS needs to make an effort to re-educate them to the new (read old) policies that they're putting in place.
    'Yes, we know we said one thing, now we're telling you we've changed our minds.'

This is the first step to them putting right the mistakes they made, now they need to continue this trend.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hahahahahahahaha?
  • I love you Gonzo
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    I care more about what I get from the machine, not whether stat X is Y or Z versus the PS4.
    You get exactly the same out of both machines. They will play the same games mostly identically. You will also get out of the ps4 machine some state of the art ram in the package, that might be made to count down the lone. For less money. If these were rival PC boxes we were talking about, it would be a no brainer. Wait, they are, and it is.

Well if you want a games machine without paying for something you don't want to and not getting something you do, then buy a PS4. It isn't difficult.

They aren't changing the internal specs so if that's all that matters then it is an easy choice. For you.

Still no response for the bricked firmware customers I see. Good luck with your box built to a budget running software from a TV maker. lawl.
  • Xbox got interesting I see :)
    If the price drops I'll be tempted, but at the moment I am still leaning towards the evil Sony.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I expect it to launch at £399.
  • It will, plus there'll be a variety of trade-in and bundle deals to further blur the lines.
  • The rumours of low stock make me think that it'll launch at £429. How long after the new year before the bundles and price drops start is the main thing.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'd follow the u-turn with and unannounced launch special at £350.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    In for a penny in for a pound.

Seems likely this won't be the only charm offensive they go on to build back trust/goodwill.

I don't actually see the RRP changing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some very tempting deals. As I've always said, you can't knock any money off until you've established the higher price point in peoples minds.
  • Seriously, does anyone really care about 80 quid?  It's a one off payment.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    On Gizmodo they said a consequence of this U turn will be that publishers won't be able to make games cheaper because they can't guarantee revenue on second, third fourth sales now. I think its ridiculously naive to think games would have got cheaper if one company held all of the keys to control where and when games could be moved.

It also ignores the fact that Microsoft had already announced what first-party games are going to cost and they were the same price as before.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    People trust XBox. People don't trust MS. I don't think trust here has ever been a metric.

If anything, they're fighting for what brand loyalty they had whilst hoping to convince people who've had a Wii since launch to get this better wavvy talky thing in the future.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Plan M wrote:
    Seriously, does anyone really care about 80 quid?  It's a one off payment.
    If I thought it was going to hold it's price at £429, I'd probably pay it and not bother. The fact that they're likely to take all that extra money then drop the price puts me off.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Exactly, start low and tell people after crimbo it's back up to 429. That's establishing a price point.
  • Plan M wrote:
    Seriously, does anyone really care about 80 quid?  It's a one off payment.

Near enough a ton that I wouldn't want to spunk it away with no thought. its worth at least one game (maybe two) which drives your Xbox beyond 500 if you want any use out of it (ecept blurays)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Exactly, start low and tell people after crimbo it's back up to 429. That's establishing a price point.

There's some precedent to this. They let people have Win8 Pro for £20 for three months. It's £189 now.
  • It's £80 that I wouldn't have anymore.  So I would care.

Given how quickly they crumbled with DRM, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an original Xbox style price drop shortly after launch anyway.
  • But like others have said, they'll put the price down I reckon nearer launch.  They'll need something up their sleeves because they've pissed so many people off.  I saw this comment on YouTube (probably from a crazed Sony fanboy but it's pretty spot-on)

"So Microsoft is the good guy now, because they tried to screw you over and failed.  It's like they tried to put a knife in your back, missed, and are now apologizing. "Yeah sorry bro I didnt mean to put a knife in your back, I'm putting it away"

A bit extreme but bang on the money.  I bet Bill Gates phoned up his team yesterday morning "What the fuck are you lot doing with my company?!  Sort this mess out!".

If MS match the PS4 price, KEEP KINECT 2 (because I personally think it will be pretty awesome) then they'll be back in the hot seat IMO.
  • Yeah, price drop or a bundle with the headset and a couple of game download codes might tempt me.

Is it £35 for the headset? 

They should bundle them and pay for it with the wages of the executives they sack for not seeing this coming.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm all giddy at the thought of an equal footing. COMPETITION TIME FUCKERS!

I don't see what the issue is with not allowing sharing on digital though- aren't all games on disc coming to the store? That's consumer choice right there; don't want to bother with discs. Surely XBox will do something, if not ten authorised consoles at least 3 (match SEN/PSN).

They've really not got much time to get it together.
  • It's £80 + new headset + new Live against £349 + existing Plus sub for me, so yes.

That's before you buy a single game.
  • adored wrote:
    It's £80 + new headset + new Live against £349 + existing Plus sub for me, so yes. That's before you buy a single game.

Fair enough, that's a fair whack to pay out.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Nah. Dropping the price on the xbox killed them in component prices. I'm not sure it ever made a profit. That's why it was executed so quickly.

They won't be keen to repeat that.

Sony had to drop the price of the PS3, that stung them financially for a long time as well.
  • £500 with 2 games of my choice, a years Live Gold+ (or whatever they call it)  and a headset would probably see me in though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    £80 is not to be sniffed at but it won't be the deciding factor for me. And I'd only expect the price to drop quickly if sales are disappointing at launch, which is no longer a given. What with a couple of big hitters due to drop around Spring time (Destiny, Titanfall), I'd expect them to want to keep the prices high until then at least.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    £80 seems to be thrown around by people here like its bugger all.

I want your jobs.

That's a game and a Plus Sub. On launch that covers a whack.
    I'm not saying the price should be dropped, and I'm still intrigued with the One, and it comes down to launch titles as I've said, but I am impressed with yer disposable incomes!
  • I shit £80 notes

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!