Xbox One
  • Nah mate, Reg eats on the cheap, sniffing out sly taster menus for a tiny price. I know, he taught me.

Plus Food>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A black plastic box
  • The article is O.K but I dislike the idea that it is "our" fault. It is MS's fault for a complete failure to market the idea properly (or even iron out the wrinkles of the idea).
    It's not a good article at all. While the system may have been badly communicated, for the most part it was a bad strategy, and people saw through it. It's now up to MS to implement a good digital system, which is fully feasible under the new model.
  • I've said this before and I'll say it again - 80 quid won't put anyone off when the time comes.  It's like when a game is released and loads of us saying "Nah not bothering with this".

Friday comes and it's "Damn it, I caved in and bought one from Sainsburys on way home from work."

The same will happen with the One release.  Guaranteed.
  • Plan M wrote:
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - 80 quid won't put anyone off when the time comes.  It's like when a game is released and loads of us saying "Nah not bothering with this". Friday comes and it's "Damn it, I caved in and bought one from Sainsburys on way home from work." The same will happen with the One release.  Guaranteed.

Says the man whose boss gives him a day off and champagne on his birthday.
    Hell, I might not even be able to afford a PS4 at launch (If the launch line up ends up convincing me it's worthwhile). I'll probably have to call in Birthday and Xmas favours.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • £80 would absolutely put me off, for reasons outlined above, and because I don't have £80 disposable cash, let alone £430.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - 80 quid won't put anyone off when the time comes.  It's like when a game is released and loads of us saying "Nah not bothering with this". Friday comes and it's "Damn it, I caved in and bought one from Sainsburys on way home from work." The same will happen with the One release.  Guaranteed.
    Says the man whose boss gives him a day off and champagne on his birthday. Hell, I might not even be able to afford a PS4 at launch (If the launch line up ends up convincing me it's worthwhile). I'll probably have to call in Birthday and Xmas favours.

I'll buy you one.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - 80 quid won't put anyone off when the time comes. 

Yes, it will. Here, anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    £80 seems to be thrown around by people here like its bugger all. I want your jobs. That's a game and a Plus Sub. On launch that covers a whack. I'm not saying the price should be dropped, and I'm still intrigued with the One, and it comes down to launch titles as I've said, but I am impressed with yer disposable incomes!

Reg, there's barely a month goes by where I don't see 2 or 3 tweets from you eating at some Michelin starred place that I doubt leaves you much change from £80.  It's all about what you want to spend it on.  Just go to 2 incredible meals in November instead of 3, and bingo, difference covered!

Likewise there are plenty of people who go on enough nights out to mean they could just have 3 rather than 4 and very probably cover it.  It's in that sort of region; unlike a £1000 expense or something you can easily adapt your spending to free up £80, especially if you were quite content with the initial £350.

Really? A month? So that money I'd been saving for mrs reg's birthday (from march) was just fun. Elm, you've seen where I eat. It's not exactly fancy dining when it's £4.50 for a hotdog from the hangin bat for my dinner.

Plus, I'd far rather spend money on good stuff I'm putting into my body.
  • Plan M wrote:
    I've said this before and I'll say it again - 80 quid won't put anyone off when the time comes. 

Yes, it will. Here, anyway.

but you're a fucking loach

• £80 is also a significant amount of money for me, particularly as it would seem to be for Kinect, which I would prefer to be optional.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    shut up war brut
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And you're a skint student.

I HAVE NO EXCUSE RIGHT GUYS

Except oh shit I've got a wedding to pay for, a house deposit, getting a car. Sorry if £80 does seem like a lot of money; we don't all fly gold plated jets, elm

Grrrr... Sorry for getting angry. As I've made clear before, NO ONE on this forum has the right to tell others what to spend their money on. If you didn't fucking earn it, swivel. You cannot base your justifications on price for everyone based on your own experiences. £80 on a night out might be standard to some. I know is be crying the next day if that much money had been lost in one evening.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I lost £50 about six months back. Hell of a lot of money for me.
  • I'm sure i've spent £80 at a 'stock or two, but each wallet has been laced with regret and knocked on to zero luxuries that month.
  • Tempy wrote:

You might be on the wrong forum.  Especially as my comparison was 4 good meals versus 3 good meals and a new console.

I mean, if buying a new console means you can't eat, fine; but my main point is if you can afford £350 (which is realistically £450 by the time you've bought stuff) then you can afford £430 (even if it's actually £500 with stuff).
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well again, it all depends on our own perception. I have spent £60-70 at a stock, but that was something I saw value in, to be with friends, a one off.

Probably some people here would think that's mental - their own experiences are their own. The point is, you can't say "oh it's just this..." and rationalise it for someone else. Sorry elm, but I'm a bit pissed off with you. How dare you tell me how to spend my money, or tell me I'm wasting it.
  • Don't drink for 8 nights - there's over 80 quid saved straight away.

OR don't smoke weed for 3 nights - 80 quid saved.

Etc
  • Gonzo wrote:
    I mean SAS. Davie's the other one

Honestly? Tough decision.
    Price is obviously a factor, but so are the games exclusive to the console. There hasn't been a single Xbox game I feel sad I missed out on and I can't see that changing.

In this hypothetical offer......would it still come with Kinect? ;)
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I bought a new guitar
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

You might be on the wrong forum.  Especially as my comparison was 4 good meals versus 3 good meals and a new console.

I think you genuinely have no clue as to how much I go out or when I go out.
    Most of my food is made at home. Cheaply.

• £80 right now would ruin me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As it would me. I've had to change currency early for holiday as Kuna are not regularly carried, meaning I'm buggered till pay day.

Maybe I should just not go on holiday and buy a One instead.
  • Tempy wrote:
    £80 would absolutely put me off, for reasons outlined above, and because I don't have £80 disposable cash, let alone £430.

Again, if you don't have £80, then whether or not you'd spend £430 is moot as you're presumably not spending £350 on a PS4 either?  They're both "around the same price."  There are people who will buy a £350 console and baulk at a £700 PC, sure, and there are people who don't care enough and will buy the cheaper option to turn that £80 into a couple of games.  But if someone's considering a new console, and £430 is genuinely going to ruin them, then they probably shouldn't be considering £350 either if you see what I mean.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    For what I spent in Cardiff on Tuesday/Wednesday I could have bought the whole PS4!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Don't drink for 8 nights - there's over 80 quid saved straight away. OR don't smoke weed for 3 nights - 80 quid saved. Etc

Mate I currently spend roughly £20 a month on weed max, and about £20 on beer. If that. And 80quid on weed over three nights, farking hell. £20 lasts me a week.

So yeah, I could give up things I enjoy in the sheer desperation of owning a console on launch day (damn yeah!!!!1) but nah, I'd rather do things I enjoy, moan and buy one a year down the line. As I did with the 360.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    As it would me. I've had to change currency early for holiday as Kuna are not regularly carried, meaning I'm buggered till pay day. Maybe I should just not go on holiday and buy a One instead.

I doubt it, because you'll still be able to buy a new console when you come back from your holiday.  Sorry for causing offence; but you've already said you're buying a PS4, and I find it hard to believe that people who can manage to spend £350 on a new console are absolutely incapable of spending £430 on one; I just don't see the 2 numbers being that different, as there'll be very few people whose PS4 bundles come to less than £450 by the time they've left the shop.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    As it would me. I've had to change currency early for holiday as Kuna are not regularly carried, meaning I'm buggered till pay day. Maybe I should just not go on holiday and buy a One instead.
    I doubt it, because you'll still be able to buy a new console when you come back from your holiday.  Sorry for causing offence; but you've already said you're buying a PS4, and I find it hard to believe that people who can manage to spend £350 on a new console are absolutely incapable of spending £430 on one; I just don't see the 2 numbers being that different, as there'll be very few people whose PS4 bundles come to less than £450 by the time they've left the shop.

So buy an Xbone and fuck all else, or a PS4 with a game or two. Hhmm.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    £80 would absolutely put me off, for reasons outlined above, and because I don't have £80 disposable cash, let alone £430.

Again, if you don't have £80, then whether or not you'd spend £430 is moot as you're presumably not spending £350 on a PS4 either?  They're both "around the same price."  There are people who will buy a £350 console and baulk at a £700 PC, sure, and there are people who don't care enough and will buy the cheaper option to turn that £80 into a couple of games.  But if someone's considering a new console, and £430 is genuinely going to ruin them, then they probably shouldn't be considering £350 either if you see what I mean.

You cannot say "roughly the same price" as that could be the different between someone's disposable income and eating into their savings.

FOR EVERYONE IT IS DIFFERENT

How do people not understand this?
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Tempy wrote:

Well absolutely, I could have gone on to list all the prices of things that would ruin me, right down to £200 for a 500GB PS3 and 3 games, but I'm just repelling the idea that £80 doesn't matter, when it quite clearly does to a lot of people, including I imagine the main market who buy consoles: parents at christmas.

As Reg said, everyone is different, and If I were saving for one, i'd save for the cheapest because next gen gaming is not that high on my priority list, and kinect is even lower, below turds and bugs.
  • Plan M wrote:
    Don't drink for 8 nights - there's over 80 quid saved straight away. OR don't smoke weed for 3 nights - 80 quid saved. Etc
    Mate I currently spend roughly £20 a month on weed max, and about £20 on beer. If that. And 80quid on weed over three nights, farking hell. £20 lasts me a week. So yeah, I could give up things I enjoy in the sheer desperation of owning a console on launch day (damn yeah!!!!1) but nah, I'd rather do things I enjoy, moan and buy one a year down the line. As I did with the 360.

It wasn't directed at you mate but yes, I have been flippant and arrogant in regards to 80 quid just being a 'piss in the ocean'.

Sorry folks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!