Xbox One
  • Tempy wrote:
    I shit £80 notes

They've got to be fakes. Surely can't be real.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Come on Reg, you've bought more consoles and games than I've had hot dinners.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Assuming you rock it for 6-7 years £80 is a pound a month.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Assuming you rock it for 6-7 years £80 is a pound a month.

You can rationalise most things like that. Oh buy the 1000 pound tv. Instead of costing 50p a day for x long, its 1 pound. Less than a chocklet! (I stop buy the choc)

But its still 80 pounds gone out of your bank today, when shortly they'll almost certainly drop the price, when there are good games about.

Re: original Xbox, ms were screwed because they entered a long term contract with NVIDIA who kept the price high even though the cost of the components went down for them. They were trapped because they needed a quick console solution. When they made Xbox 2 they had learnt and made better scaling deals with ATI, one would presume the trend continues?
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    hohoho - it's like an election swing-o-meter!

I'm gonna hold out for a £350 Xbone-no-kinect SKU, then see what games are knocking about for the 2.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adored wrote:
    It's £80 + new headset + new Live against £349 + existing Plus sub for me, so yes. That's before you buy a single game.
    I want the Kinect so the £80 doesn't bother me but £35 for that headset does bother me. If it's got a jack in the controller they should just let us plug any headset in, plus what is the bluetooth for if we can't use? Also do we know what happens with our LIVE sub, does it carry over, does it allow access to both our existing 360's and our new XB1's?

Like a few people have been saying what we have needed more than anything is some clarity and information as to what the fuck is going on.
  • The £80 difference is visable to me, the idiot consumer, as the bundled Kinect. As I don't want a Kinect, and would instead prefer two games for those eighty pounds, I feel annoyed at the prospect of having to pay for a peripheral that I do not want, when I could be getting something I do want.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    ... Like a few people have been saying what we have needed more than anything is some clarity and information as to what the fuck is going on.
    TBH, I think you're gonna have to sit tight and put it out of your mind for a few months, then see what's being bandied about the month before release - because it seems like MS themselves don't know what the fuck is going on, and Sony and the publishers are quite happy to sight back and watch MS plunge their feet into their own mouth and balls it up then say "oh, BTW guys, we're not doing that".

Trying to keep up with all this while constantly weighing up "should I keep or cancel my preorder?" is just gonna piss people off I reckon - unless all the info from this point on is all completely positive and fantastic news for consumers with free games and money and rainbows, but I doubt that'll happen.
  • The £80 is the difference if you look at the two options and decide they're pretty much offering the same thing in the end. If on the other hand you fancy the Kinect functionality, and prefer the particular exclusives on XB1 anyway, then you're less likely to care.

I'm not sure I've ever spent £80 on a night out though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have. London's expensive.
  • I think with the current changes to their DRM etc there is more chance of me getting hold of an Xbone later down the line.  The prices will eventually drop, Halo will be released... everyone will know where they stand and how the console works, that's when I'll pay attention and possibly cash.  They messed about to early on for me to jump onboard at the start, the last time I did that I ended with 5 RRoDs and a stuck disc drive.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • There's not gonna be a One minus the Kinect package. The whole reason they're putting one in every box is so devs see a reason in putting money into Kinect development.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    adored wrote:
    It's £80 + new headset + new Live against £349 + existing Plus sub for me, so yes. That's before you buy a single game.
    I want the Kinect so the £80 doesn't bother me but £35 for that headset does bother me. If it's got a jack in the controller they should just let us plug any headset in, plus what is the bluetooth for if we can't use? Also do we know what happens with our LIVE sub, does it carry over, does it allow access to both our existing 360's and our new XB1's? Like a few people have been saying what we have needed more than anything is some clarity and information as to what the fuck is going on.

XB1 doesn't have bluetooth at all, PS4 does and should work with previous headsets. I don't like how MS seem to be ripping people off on peripherals, like why is the new controller £5 more despite having seemingly less tech than the DS4?

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/4354646/xbox-live-gold-memberships-apply-to-both-xbox-one-and-360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Force feedback triggers are expensive. Apparently.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't like how MS seem to be ripping people off on peripherals, like why is the new controller £5 more despite having seemingly less tech than the DS4?

I don't like you swinging by here for a moan every five minutes but there we go.

If the Pastebin thing is to believed they're releasing a headset adapter.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hey Moto, just had a look at your OP, it needs an update.

And isn't the Insomniac game Sunset Overdrive?
  • Moto70 wrote:
    adored wrote:
    I want the Kinect so the £80 doesn't bother me but £35 for that headset does bother me. If it's got a jack in the controller they should just let us plug any headset in, plus what is the bluetooth for if we can't use? Also do we know what happens with our LIVE sub, does it carry over, does it allow access to both our existing 360's and our new XB1's? Like a few people have been saying what we have needed more than anything is some clarity and information as to what the fuck is going on.
    XB1 doesn't have bluetooth at all, PS4 does and should work with previous headsets. I don't like how MS seem to be ripping people off on peripherals, like why is the new controller £5 more despite having seemingly less tech than the DS4? http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/4354646/xbox-live-gold-memberships-apply-to-both-xbox-one-and-360

Ignore Mod, he's just grumpy.

As far as I know MS STILL haven't released the final spec for the XB1, which means it could possibly have Bluetooth.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Hey Moto, just had a look at your OP, it needs an update. And isn't the Insomniac game Sunset Overdrive?
    Cheers for pointing it out. Done now.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I really hope that this is still the case as I wouldn't believe anything written before yesterday and especially something written by Polygon and before E3.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Come on Reg, you've bought more consoles and games than I've had hot dinners.

Ha! Mostly trawled from car boot sales! Wheeler dealer reg.

I do think I'm also smarting from my blinkered fanboy "lets drop £500 on a Wiiu and some games" tho.
  • Gizmodo have a ridiculous name and I refuse to take anything they say seriously because of it.

Also article assumes so much, just like people here have, but we're allowed too because we're a bunch of bickering forum debutantes.

• The article is O.K but I dislike the idea that it is "our" fault. It is MS's fault for a complete failure to market the idea properly (or even iron out the wrinkles of the idea).
  • It's absolutely not my fault. If anything it's Yoss's fault.
  • Well, yeah obviously Yoss is the main person to blame here.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    He was deffo happy about the victory, happier than most.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • That article lost me with this line:
    Here was the simple vision of the Xbox One, selling and reselling games:

The problem was it wasn't simple at all.  In fact it was so complicated that it changed with every press release and interview.  The whole thing was a shambles and has died in ignominy.  They had a chance to cherry pick the good stuff with the u-turn but chose to not even do that for some reason.

Maybe a bit of time to work out what the fuck they're actually doing with it (and tell all their employees) will be a good thing.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    £80 seems to be thrown around by people here like its bugger all. I want your jobs. That's a game and a Plus Sub. On launch that covers a whack. I'm not saying the price should be dropped, and I'm still intrigued with the One, and it comes down to launch titles as I've said, but I am impressed with yer disposable incomes!

Reg, there's barely a month goes by where I don't see 2 or 3 tweets from you eating at some Michelin starred place that I doubt leaves you much change from £80.  It's all about what you want to spend it on.  Just go to 2 incredible meals in November instead of 3, and bingo, difference covered!

Likewise there are plenty of people who go on enough nights out to mean they could just have 3 rather than 4 and very probably cover it.  It's in that sort of region; unlike a £1000 expense or something you can easily adapt your spending to free up £80, especially if you were quite content with the initial £350.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!