Just completed
  • @DS

How long did you spend punching Zeus before you were satisfied/ realised you can stop?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    About nine minutes.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Finished Alan Wake on nightmare, all axhievements obtained. Really hope they do a full sequel.
    I've had it installed on Steam since a daily deal before the summer sale. I'll give it a crack.
    Defo worth a crack, dunno if WASD will be any good though.

It seems fine so far. Only issue is a shoddy frame rate from my ageing machine making combat a bit of a bother.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Do I start Dark Souls, Yakuza 4 or LBP2?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Dark Souls, team up with Liveinadive as he's just started it too. Keep your shield up when entering new areas.
  • ALL THREE
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • My Dark should arrive tomorrow.
  • Beat-beat-beat the boar, beatbeat-beat-beat-beat the boar.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Team up with MattyJ from tomorrow too Reg.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Finished Alan Wake on nightmare, all axhievements obtained. Really hope they do a full sequel.
    I've had it installed on Steam since a daily deal before the summer sale. I'll give it a crack.
    Defo worth a crack, dunno if WASD will be any good though.
    It seems fine so far. Only issue is a shoddy frame rate from my ageing machine making combat a bit of a bother.

Ha, yeah that won't help. I imagine on a really nice machine it looks fantastic though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm firing up Dark Souls.

Fuck.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Best of luck.
  • go Reg!!!!!!
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Please see Dark Souls thread for me journey.
  • Finally completed the single player mode on Battlefield 3 on Hard. 

Not a big achievement but something I have to warn everyone about. Don't bother. Seriously. Quite possibly the worst plotted, least fair, badly checkpointed, badly signposted, random death generating campaign I've had to suffer in years. I actually started this campaign on hard when it came out. 10 months ago. And that's me just finished it now, because if I'd had to try some of the sections I got stuck at another 100 times while randomly dying for no reason I'd have had to stab the PS3 through the heart with a pencil.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've never even put the single player campaign disc in the xbox. Tbh I don't put the multiplayer disc in very often either.
  • Ali, that is a massive achievement! You are spot on with your description of the campaign, utter cheap bullshit is what it is.

I got to a bit where your convoy is attacked on a foresty slope thing. I eventually got through that and got to a field. I guy shouted at me to pick up a "generic number/letter code" and fire it at the "other generic/letter code".
    3 deaths to work out the first thing was a rocket launcher and another few to work out the next thing was a tank. Never actually managed to pick it up and shoot it before getting shot myself.

Shite game (in SP)
  • It's worth a look because it's very pretty, but it really is the most uninspiring campaign I can think of.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    If you play it on hard the Paris escape (spoilers) is literally random. You'll do the same thing half a dozen times and for whatever reason make it through on the last.

Don't play it on hard.
  • Playing through it on Easy at the moment. It's still pretty random in parts.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I started the first level again on PC to see what it looked like.

It supports the pad, right? Sure. Movement, aiming, firing, all great.

Except when you get to a QTE and the screen prompts are all mouse/keyboard and pressing the corresponding buttons on the pad does nothing. So I leap for the mouse and fail the QTE.

Fucking muppets.
  • I'd be amazed if anyone bothers platinuming (sp?) it. In fact, there are parts I can't imagine being possible. There's a bronze trophy for shooting two blokes before a building falls on them. Problem is, they don't appear until you get off a bus. And the building immediately falls on them. And they're 100 virtual metres away. Just stupid. The ending is bloody rubbish as well, after all the build up. And the plot is so shot full of inconsistencies and seems to be in no particular order either. "The nukes are in Paris and New York", he tells me on the second last level. I know, I did the Paris level 4 months ago when I last wanted to torture myself playing this crap. What makes it more frustrating is that Medal Of Honor had such a great campaign. Could they not at least have asked Danger Close to have a look at this, laugh hysterically at it's awfulness and then change it completely? Or just go back to Haggard, Sarge, Preston and Sweetwater? Bad Company, for all its faults, was hilarious. And the sequel, despite them trying to be serious, was still laugh out loud in places.
  • I eventually got through that and got to a field. I guy shouted at me to pick up a "generic number/letter code" and fire it at the "other generic/letter code". 3 deaths to work out the first thing was a rocket launcher and another few to work out the next thing was a tank. Never actually managed to pick it up and shoot it before getting shot myself. Shite game (in SP)

Yes, that drove me nuts. It's actually the only part of the campaign where you have any control over how you approach it, but the Ai is rubbish and the level so scripted, it gets very silly. Rather than "run for cover" I just walked down the middle of the road taking out enemies, that were completely oblivious to me, as I went. At least I did until a friendly LAV, which was scripted to drive down the road at one point, drove down the road and ran me over! The ending of that part, with the jet, obviously didn't expect me to shoot it down as soon I did, because it did two more passes, on fire, killed some of my teammates (spoiler BTW, but trust me, you won't give a f**k that their dead anyway) THEN blew up. And I couldn't get a second lock on to finish it off even though I had more ammo!
  • Yeah I wouldn't worry about spoilers, I will never go back to that campaign, life's too short.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Why did they even bother making a singleplayer campaign? Honestly?
  • BEcause EA want to compete with CoD and they needed a derivative, jingoistic and horribly written campaign mode to match Modern Warfare.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's perplexing. Surely EA suits realise having a shit campaign just damages the rep of the franchise and they could just use the resources to focus on making MP even better. Every BF game before Bad Company didn't feel the need to include a shite SP campaign.
  • None of them sold as well as BF3 either, it was at 15 million copies the last time EA talked about it and it's still selling.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You don't think it'd have reached those numbers without a singleplayer campaign?
  • Not a hope in hell. The likes of us (internet gaming forum) always overestimate the importance of the on-line multi-player. Look at stuff that's on-line only (MAG) and the sales fall off a cliff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!