Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Daddy - Nemesis. He can be a bit of a bastard. Cards like Headbutt are your friend here. When you can attack’s I don’t think he attacks, so you then want to pull your block cards from your discard pile into your draw.
  • I think I’ve only died on act 3 once or twice. Usually if I get there it’s pretty straight forward to the finish line. Act 2 boss is where a good 50% of my runs end
  • Yeah I’d agree with that observation.
  • Act 2 has really punishing bosses, yeah. I tend to avoid Act 3 elites as I don’t really know what to build for them as I spent a lot of my play time without them all being in the rotation.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Only Act 3 Elite I’m comfortable with is Stone Head guy. Can usually build up enough strength, poison or orbs to get him before he powers up.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    @Daddy - Nemesis. He can be a bit of a bastard. Cards like Headbutt are your friend here. When you can attack’s I don’t think he attacks, so you then want to pull your block cards from your discard pile into your draw.

Had him nailed but decided to delay finishing him off to get a reaper health boost. Was stupid.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Block destruction

FA74ldh.png
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just attempted a Defect run on The Heart. Got about 200 hp off him. Moar BLOCK!
  • upgraded bullet time is a beast.
  • I have beaten a15 with silent and defect. No real idea how on the silent run. One of those mixed bags that didn't quite go to plan, but a few things broke at the right time.

Defect was a big claw hand with lots of cards to cycle cards.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s pretty good watching people pop up in my Switch notifications playing this.

Switch dropped to low battery tonight and dropped it in the dock and carried on playing and it definitely runs smoother on the big screen.

Was going for an IC Heart run but the game absolutely was having none of it. Flew through first floor grabbing all the shards. On the second floor the basic grunts were kicking my ass. The guys with the spears were taking the piss doubling up on 14/12hp attacks. I’ve got a ? Followed by a shop followed by an elite when I come out of that fight on 19hp with 401 gold and the ? Hits me with the bastards who want all my gold. Told em to piss off. Got shanked.
  • Died on Act 2 boss 4 times in a row now. Gaaaahhhhh
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Different ones each time though?

I think it took me 70 odd runs before I won
  • Yikes. 70? Still early days for me then. 

Yeah been a few different ones.

Sticking with Ironclad until I learn his cards and stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Was going for an IC Heart run but the game absolutely was having none of it. Flew through first floor grabbing all the shards.On the second floor the basic grunts were kicking my ass. The guys with the spears were taking the piss doubling up on 14/12hp attacks. I’ve got a ? Followed by a shop followed by an elite when I come out of that fight on 19hp with 401 gold and the ? Hits me with the bastards who want all my gold. Told em to piss off. Got shanked.
    Read an interesting thing the other day about picking to the shards. Someone suggested picking them up later in the run. In act 1 you still might need the campfire for a rest / smith, the relic from the elite and treasure chest could be important for how the synergy of your deck will be. In act 3 your deck should be good already, specially if you want to go for the heart. So technically the loss of not being able to grab the relic should be less in act 3 than 1. It of course all depends on the relic, if you get offered a maw bank just grab the shard.

Not that I tried a heart run yet, so this is just something I read. Did Asc2 with Silent last night, and with Defect today. Still have to do Ironclad. I'm surprised at how much easier it seems on Switch, I definitely didn't climb this fast on pc.

@Elf, do you know why you're dying to the bosses? Act 2 are pretty tough.
    It's The Champ, The Collector and the one with the hyperbeam right? (who also has two minions that steal a card). They all dish out a lot of damage.
    It took me a long time on pc to get my first wins, pretty sure I'd unlocked all cards for each character before getting a win.

• I did get to Act 3 a few times before, only beating the champ I think. Had the collector and beam guy last 4 times.
  • decided to give Silent a go for a change, got to Act 3! Got fucked by some normal enemy who had 300HP!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Maw? Big open mouth and teeth?
  • Could be stone head?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    The Maw? Big open mouth and teeth?

Yeah, that gaping cunt
  • It was big maw faw shaw
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Despite feeling like I’m not making much progress, I can’t stop playing.
  • That is normal.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Of course you’re making progress. You fought a new enemy, which means you know that you need to factor him into your act 3 plans
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Despite feeling like I’m not making much progress, I can’t stop playing.

It really will come to you more and more. And you are always finding more combos of cards that can work to help your situation. For the Maw guy and Silent I would try and get as much poison off as much as possible early on. If you have noxious fumes that will keep him topped up then block block block. Good cars that I didn’t appreciate early on are things like blur. Only 5/7 block but you keep you block the following turn.

I did an Asc5 IC run with only one strength card, but went massive on block with Barricade, upgraded Defends, Juggernaut, Entrench and 2 Impervious.
  • Ah thanks all. Yes I killed Act 2 boss with that kinda tactic re poison cards then block more. Felt good. Possibly had too many cards and didn’t get the poison ones early enough or so to work on Maw. 

Yeah definitely learning as I go, is great that I can take a break from one character and have so much fun with another! Think I have one more unlock with IC to go, lots more with other 2.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've nearly beaten the Act 3 boss about a gizzilion times at this point. When I say nearly I mean one more turn and I win. Its a good job I'm quite laid back, otherwise this Switch would not be easy to reassemble.

Wouldn't mind but I'm breezing through to that point most of the time. Just that last hurdle.

Must be due soon. Gotta be.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Which boss and which character?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Usually the one that regens or the pair that are different shapes. No idea their names.

I know a win is close, just not.... quite.... there.
  • I seem to have hit a wall with ICAsc11.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!