52 Games Challenge: 2019 Edition
  • Or manwoman
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • monkey wrote:
    Fuck me the last (or 2nd to last, not sure) level of Ape Out is a pain in the arse. I’ve come within sight of the gate twice but got shot at the last. Probably had twenty odd attempts. Not happy with this game one bit.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You will be when it's done.

It’s done.
    GgX3VpV.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m doing this. Combined with my goal of buying less games, I’m focusing on finishing all the big games I have sitting on various hard drives/discs/cartridges.

I just need to stop playing StS and I’ll have loads of time to actually finish games.
  • Damn couldn't quite get it done!  Still did manage to get 46 + 47 over the line before new year's, those being

Everybody's Golf (Vita) 9/10

An immense golf game that is almost as much fun as it was upon release.  Only thing truly holding it back is a lack of online.  That part has gone missing in the interim.  

The three click hitting the ball stuff is perfect.  The easier courses might not be the most engrossing but there is still some zen satisfaction to be had; the courses are beautiful if a bit jaggy, with their their bight colours and serene atmosphere and the cute stylish characters are very expressive and fun to look at.

The harder courses are less realistic, and generally a bit nasty and not as nice to look at.  But they are all about tempting you with risky propositions, asking you to get the shot *just* right and land the ball on a sliver of fairway in between bottomless pits etc.   There's usually an easier way to complete a hole in par, but that's never quite as fun as risking it all for a chance of a birdie!  Quality stuff.

Tetris Effect (PS4) 6/10

This didn't really click with me.  It's been the same story with Rez and Lumines; can recognise the game as being of immense quality that is exactly what it wants to be, but it doesn't do much for me aside from initially looking and sounding very interesting.  The longer it went on the less it did for me.

Aside from that I also played far too much Tetris 99 and the controls have slightly different nuances and I found myself overshooting a lot of brick placement.  Not exactly TE's fault!  Good stuff just not for me.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!