Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shit news about the patch, going to give it an hour now so fingers crossed. I've had a look on that forum Chump, the people posting seem to be the dregs of the interwebs.
  • I have this sat on my HDD as a trial but I'm biding my time until either co-op is added or a successful update is released that settles most of the bugs.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • It's so worth it, even with the bugs.  I'm another in Mod's camp, this wouldn't work as well in co-op; the set pieces we all imagine us doing (one person distracts the horde while another scavenges etc), I don't think they'd flow together too well.  While you might be able to control different people, and run a group, it's still fundamentally about individuals.

Either way it's great.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    So now my saves seem to be fine. I always make sure now by swapping character before turning it off, as that seems to do a proper save. I still cant get over how much fun the game is to play. Its just funny to see a road of all my broken down cars Ive abandoned over the weeks. Night time raids are the just epic. Had a few where I just get swarmed whilst looting a basement or something. Proper fight or run type shit kicking off.

Ive yet to do an infestation but they are appearing everywhere. Instead of co op, a feature where you could travel to each others towns could be kind of cool, or where you could invade a players world and attempt to steal their shit or just flat out cause mayhem. Co op would make parts of the game fun but then in others it would kill the mood. I would just like a hardcore loner mode where you can just look after yourself and build your own little base. Maybe have a few random AI looters.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Co-op would remove the challenge entirely, but it would be great fun, something for a second playthrough perhaps?

Post update my game seemed to be fine, a few extra infestations but nothing too bad and no serious effect on morale. Then I got back to my base and ended up completely besieged, horde after horde assaulting with no let up. They were even spawning inside the church, clipping through the floor and popping up at random. Fuck that, I might restart.

I'm loathe to be too harsh on it as the ideas they have are great, it's everything I've wanted from a zombie game, it just needs a little polish or more likely a next gen sequel to iron out all the kinks.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I had a moment earlier where I was just doing a quick resupply run to an area just around the corner where I knew there were some med supplies. It was a route I had taken so many times already I knew it inside out so I probably got complacent. Going round one corner at speed I clipped the kerb and rolled the car onto its roof, no biggie I thought, until I realised I had alerted a horde and there were no cars near by. 

Despite all of this I wasn't too worried yet, I had 2 full clips if needed and 3 petrol bombs which should make short work of the horde. And they did, 2 petrol bombs and a few swings of my sword and the horde was down to about 3 which should be no problem, well, until the overturned 4x4 exploded attracting every zombie in a 100m radius, including a second horde and one of the big fuckers. The last of my petrol bombs and a full clip into the big one put him down, and the it was time to beat a hasty retreat. Running on empty now stamina wise the horde were gaining, and it was only a few desperate swings that were keeping them at bay. 

Remembering an old hatchback I had abandoned near by I aimed for that.  It was on the other side of fence which I had to hurdle. Getting to the other side I thought I would be home free until I lost my footing and 3 zeds descended on my, I was on the floor and down to the last of my health when I managed to kick them away and stumble the few steps to the car. 

It was now I remembered why I had ditched it, no doors and the 2 front tyres were flat, but right now it was a lifesaver. After what seemed like an eternity I managed to start the engine, and with 2 zombies hanging on half the way, it managed to limp home, where I crashed through the door, safe, for now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Co-op would remove the challenge entirely, but it would be great fun, something for a second playthrough perhaps? Post update my game seemed to be fine, a few extra infestations but nothing too bad and no serious effect on morale. Then I got back to my base and ended up completely besieged, horde after horde assaulting with no let up. They were even spawning inside the church, clipping through the floor and popping up at random. Fuck that, I might restart. I'm loathe to be too harsh on it as the ideas they have are great, it's everything I've wanted from a zombie game, it just needs a little polish or more likely a next gen sequel to iron out all the kinks.

The same happened to me at the church, I only just managed to beat them back. It was then I decided we needed to move south.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking excellent, emergent gameplay at its best.

Edit: that was at your epic diary entry, not the moving home shit Goober.
  • A Minecraft/Dark Souls thing where you could visit other people's games would be awesome.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    500,000 sold now apparently. I'd guess that puts them into a good position.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Didnt realise how big the map is! I for some reason assumed after the church I would go off to a new location eventually. Ive still a lot to learn especially in terms of building safe houses is it? I guess aswel that the game runs even whilst your not playing? ie the resources and that go down?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I had a shot of the demo of this, very promising but I just found it waaay to rough around the edges.  Characters glitching into each other always upsets my happiness.  I don't want to see my character climbing down a ladder with his head up his friend's arse.  It's bad enough that the AI makes NPCs attack the zed I'm attacking, ignoring the others shambling about, but it's worse when it makes that NPC occupy the same space as my character like some morphing mutant conjoined twin.  It has a dickish inventory system* too.  The weight limit is fine, but the slot system is not.  Why is my rifle taking up the same amount of room as one revolver?  Especially since it's not in my rucksack.  Why is anything equipped taking up room in my rucksack?  Why can't I work out how to take this bigger rucksack?  A mission failing to end because one zed is standing still behind some scenery instead of attacking like his chums, so I have to go hunt for him so the game can continue.  Way too rough around the edges.

* I'm not venturing back into the relevant thread until I'm ready, but the responsible people at Naughty Dog deserve a fucking roasting over the inventory restrictions in The Last of Us.  If I have room in my rucksack, let me pick something up.  Don't be a dick and say that I can't because I've got three already.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You just equip the bigger back pack like you would a weapon, press the X button I think. It is a bit rough, but not unplayable, thankfully. The ammount of zeds stuck in a fence is comical though.

Has anyone run out of petrol in a car yet? Seems odd that fuel is one of the resources but there's no way to see how much you have left in the tank.

I think this has been rushed out before it gets overshadowed in the next gen launch window, there are so many ideas that aren't fleshed out, vital components such as co-op left out etc. It's a shame but hopefilly enough people have taken an interest to secure funding for Class4.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Having looked more into it, I think this has been rushed out simply to provide feedback for class 4, which is no bad thing as I have really enjoyed my time with this game, and if it provides a platform for a multiplayer version I'm happy, and I might give it another play through considering all the things I haven't done yet.
  • Ok, I'm getting a bit stuck with what to do when I fire it up!  I'm not sure if it's running in real time in the background, but I loaded it up after 2 days and all my neighbours had died, everyone was angry, and we'd run out of food.  I don't feel I have time to do any missions because I only have 2 player characters, and by the time I've scavenged through 2 houses and found some token supplies, they're both knackered; and I can't find any way to force them to sleep/rest/etc?

I didn't welcome those neighbours in because we already had too much food for our storage, and no materials to build more food storage.  

So when you started out (I'm still in the church, just been shooed away by the Army), what were your priorities?
  • Make sure you take care of any anger/sadness within your community, it'll up your friendship stats with those you help, meaning you'll be able to play as them.

Every time you switch players, the one you switched from will rest automatically.

Make sure you leave plenty of ammo, food and medicine whenever you log off, which should keep your own community alive. Must admit that I've kinda ignored my neighbours, as I have no idea how to keep them alive when I log off.

Once you've earned enough influence points, spend them via Lily before logging off. Get her to search for materials (or whatever you're low on) so you'll have somewhere to scavenge next time.
  • I guess "stockpiling" influence isn't much use?  I just need enough to grab a few weapons?

I dealt with some anger by taking the cop guy out on a killing spree which seemed to help, but I have no idea how to deal with Marcus being sad.  Also Ed's going to die if I don't find Doc Hanson, and I have no idea who he is!

I've started Lily looking for food all the time so I can go grab that, it seems it's the most important resource by miles.  What should I build first once I've got materials?  A workshop to maintain weapons and a garden seem like the best bets.
  • On switching players, I brought Marcus back tired, and swapped to Maya, but she was still injured; I couldn't switch back to Marcus because he was asleep so couldn't do anything :(
  • To deal with the sadness, just talk to Marcus and there should be an option to take him out for a walk. Pretty much the same deal as with the anger, etc.

Have you got the mission to go see the hick guys (think the name was Wilkerson)? I think that's where I found the doctor.

Building medical facilities is a priority if you don't have any, otherwise workshops are great as it means stored weapons/vehicles will be repaired between play sessions.

Sorry, I'm not a massive help. It's very much a game you learn as you play. As long as you do your best to help your community (helping to hunt special zeds, etc.) and keep the food, ammo and medicine stocked up, you should see improvements.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Get out of the church as soon as you can. That place seems to make it so hard. Everyone stays angry because there aren't enough beds. Move south quick sharp.
  • Where did you set up; and in fact, how do you even move house?

I think we have a very basic medical setup.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I moved to the small town in the south of the map. You need to have enough people and building materials for the building you find. I moved to the one where one of the guys girlfriends used to live or something. You find it on one of the story missions. To relocate press down on the d pad to access the radio, then select move home.

In the mean time make sure you are setting up outposts around the church. Same sketch, press down on the d pad and select setup outpost in any building, you need to have fully searched it first though. You can also call other survivors to help search buildings and collect supplies
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    But they might DIE on the way.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You made the move yet Paul?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Na! I'm a stupid fucker though, every time I go on I piss about looting random houses instead of getting stuff done. The community hasn't had too much bother despite my neglect.
  • A quick (non spoilery) question for anyone finishing the game: do resources respawn infinitely until a certain point? I believe it's not possible to survive forever, but it'd seem silly if you could only survive so long - only to find you can't actually finish the game because you're completely out of supplies.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think they would eventually run out, there are enough supplies to last a very long time though. I finished the game last week. There is a subtle nod to what they are doing next. Should be fun.
  • I guess I just assumed they'd respawn infinitely until a certain point (if that makes sense), then they'd start running out if you didn't complete the game.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Once you have cleared a building it stays cleared as far as I can tell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!