Just completed
  • Binary domain is my goty 2011.

Joined.
    Think I was one of the first in the forum to get ot (got it week after launch) bit still not sat it through.
    I loved what I had played mind.
  • I just don't like watching more than playing.

Remember when games didn't feel the need to treat you like you had Attention Defecit Disord... oh look a shiny thing!
    The Forum Herald™
  • The Fury - MGS3: Snake Eater HD. I really struggled this time, he seemed to be everywhere that I turned. Then I put on headphones and was able to track him easily. Always wear headphones.
  • Finished Alan Wake on nightmare, all axhievements obtained. Really hope they do a full sequel.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Bob wrote:
    I just don't like watching more than playing.

Remember when games didn't feel the need to treat you like you had Attention Defecit Disord... oh look a shiny thing!

I agree that there were a lot of cutscenes but they were pretty good. The game was very fast paced throughout. I just found it constantly made me smile. Maybe i have videogame ADD...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Finished Alan Wake on nightmare, all axhievements obtained. Really hope they do a full sequel.

I've had it installed on Steam since a daily deal before the summer sale. I'll give it a crack.
  • Wander wrote:
    The Fury - MGS3: Snake Eater HD. I really struggled this time, he seemed to be everywhere that I turned. Then I put on headphones and was able to track him easily. Always wear headphones.

I played the original through my 5.1 surround kit. Was amaze. Worked wonderfully. The sound on MGS3 made the game even more beautiful than it already was.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Finished Sniper Elite V2 earlier.

Very much a guilty pleasure. I complained that in The Saboteur you didn't really get to do much sabotage, this is the exact opposite. You snipe, then snipe again, then snipe some more. It fetishises the act of blowing someone head off to almost comical degrees, but there's something extremely appealing (to me) every single time.

Didn't someone from here work on sound design at Rebellion? I want to single that out not because someone from there posts here but because it really was excellent.

also

2012-07-28_00003.jpg

lol.
  • That's some deluxe Hitler right there.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Please tell me you assassinated Hitler
  • With a slow motion testicle exploder...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It's actually really hard to "ASSASSINATE THE FUHRER!", as you'd expect really.

Best I could manage was a shot to the leg causing him to stumble then goodnight Adolph.

2012-07-28_00004.jpg
    2012-07-28_00005.jpg
    2012-07-28_00006.jpg
    2012-07-28_00007.jpg
    2012-07-28_00008.jpg
    2012-07-28_00009.jpg
    2012-07-28_00010.jpg
    2012-07-28_00011.jpg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    WW2 WON BY MOD
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    SINGLE HANDED.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Surely you need two hands to hold the 360 controller?
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Finished Alan Wake on nightmare, all axhievements obtained. Really hope they do a full sequel.

I've had it installed on Steam since a daily deal before the summer sale. I'll give it a crack.

Defo worth a crack, dunno if WASD will be any good though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Think the Steam version has pad support, cracking game.
  • Think the Steam version has pad support, cracking game.

Yeah it does. I found it very difficult to use with a mouse and keys, much nicer with the pad stuck in
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    Super Meat Boy What a game!!! I've completed the normal ending but I'm going to go back in and try to polish off the Dark World and find all the bandages. It's a glorious game, never a dull moment. Very similar to Trials in it's so tight you forget that you've got a controller in your hand and you're moving the character with your mind. Heading back in now

Me too just now.  Brilliant fun - jeez the last level took a few cracks, and Cotton Alley looks pretty nails!  But I'll be popping back in for dark world / bandage fun I'm sure.  Plenty of levels I'm glad not to have to revisit though!

Fave platformer since SMW?  Quite possibly.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Me too just now.  Brilliant fun - jeez the last level took a few cracks, and Cotton Alley looks pretty nails!  But I'll be popping back in for dark world / bandage fun I'm sure.  Plenty of levels I'm glad not to have to revisit though! Fave platformer since SMW?  Quite possibly.

I'd agree with that. Been plugging away at it since I finished. Some of the Dark World bandages are a joke but so satisfying to get
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Portal 2

Super late to the party, but that was never anything less than brilliance. Funniest game I've ever played.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Couldn't agree more. Loved every minute of it. Apart from when I got stuck (which was regularly, so not every minute), but the feeling of satisfaction on solving a particular puzzle made up for all the gnashing of teeth and growling. Brilliant.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (3rd playthrough)

This had all the trappings of a traditional Zelda, while promising to mark a brave, new departure for the series. It took me three playthroughs to finally make up my mind which of the two it is - neither. 

Worse still, it made a hash of all the Zelda bits it should have got right: the puzzles felt telegraphed; the music (apart from one or two exceptions) never hit any of the series' highs; and most NPC dialogues and fetch quests were severely undercooked. There just wasn't  anything that really made me want to invest in the world. (And can Nintendo make a decent overworld anymore?)

Why three walkthroughs, then? 

That winsome Nintendo charm. Character and enemy animations are undoubtedly the series' best, and the relationship between Zelda and Link is fleshed out in an intriguing, albeit corny, way. The game only really comes together after the first four dungeons, though, with the Sandship and Ancient Cistern being the two centrepieces, so it does require a fair deal of player investment before it really begins to shine. I was never stumped by any of the two dungeons, mind, but they were ingeniously designed and held my attention throughout. 

There are some really beautiful moments in there, too. The small area leading to the Ancient Cistern was probably the most technically accomplished piece of trickery I've seen this generation, and freefalling off the edge of Skyloft always put a big grin on my face.

Maybe it's a sign of Nintendo EAD's recent change of philosophy ever since the two Galaxy games, but this felt like a well-polished Nintendo game without the mechanical depth I've come to expect from the developer. Still worth a punt though, and I'm sure I'll go back to it some point in the future. 

[8]
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • The Legend of Dead Kel

An excellent bit of DLC this. The new area is interesting, the pirate theme is very well implemented and the story was surprising decent.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Portal 2

Super late to the party, but that was never anything less than brilliance. Funniest game I've ever played.

Wheatley's bastard block/guns got quite a large laugh from me.

• Im trying to work through Portal 2 atthe mo. I get to a point where my brain is mush and have to leave it a few days.

So far I would say where puzzles are good they are better than Portal but where they are a bit ropey they are worse. The story is great though, often get frustrated with the puzzles because I cant wait to continue the plot.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    God of War 3

Absolutely loved it. Camera was clunky at times, but what a beautiful game. Stunning to look at, loved the combat, actually got into the story, and that ending, woah.

Proper fucking effort, like. Would return again on a higher difficulty.

Now I'm off to wipe all that gore from memory and play some Everybody' Golf.
  • Does the Cod Suit return, that's the only way I'd play one of them games again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Cod what eh what
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah I gets ya. I only has Fear Kratos, which seems a bit shit.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!