Dragon's Dogma
  • Deep Down was supposed to be the spiritual successor to Dogma, but then it plunged into the depths of development hell.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • You have to walk way too much in this game and you can die losing all your fucking walk progress. Fucking hell
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No manual save?
    Get schwifty.
  • Yes I’m sure there is. I’m pretty sure the game tells you to save often.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Thanks bros for the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let alone the fact that saving is thematically absent and mechanically a hassle that makes it unneeded busywork for no actual end other than to reduce busywork like walking - which would be fine if it wasn’t tied to bulllllllllllllshiiiiiiit like the holding a weight mechanic and stamina. Fuck all of that garbage.
  • Is it too real for yah?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    His childhood was smaaaaalll.
  • ^5
  • Eh. I think I’ve lost my motivation to play this. It’s so annoying (even on “easy”) to play. It takes ages to get anywhere only to find for some reason you can’t do the thing there and you don’t know if you can’t do the thing there because you’re shit or you’ve got the wrong stuff. Managing the wrong stuff is annoying because it’s expensive but also you need to trundle back to town only to find out when you try again it was all a waste of time.
  • It's a game you've just got to be in 'the zone' to play I think. Otherwise it can feel like a chore.
  • To be fair I liked
    The intro but it hasn’t grabbed me
    The Forum Herald™
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Eh. I think I’ve lost my motivation to play this. It’s so annoying (even on “easy”) to play. It takes ages to get anywhere only to find for some reason you can’t do the thing there and you don’t know if you can’t do the thing there because you’re shit or you’ve got the wrong stuff. Managing the wrong stuff is annoying because it’s expensive but also you need to trundle back to town only to find out when you try again it was all a waste of time.

I've never read a post that makes less sense than this one.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I hit the Level 200 cap on my main earlier. Something i never managed back in the 360 days. My cute little Sorceress pawn got thrown into the water while i farmed BBI, so she's lagging behind quite a bit at SL70. Its all good though.

I absolutely adore this game. It's crazy good and still the benchmark for open world RPG combat despite being 7 years old (and no, Souls isn't in that category imo).

I pray Capcom give the same director a shot at a sequel.
  • Some rough edges aside, I'm really enjoying this. Nothing beats going out on a long journey into uncharted territory, fighting through tons  of monsters, doing a couple of quests along the way then warping back to town when you've made good progress. Last time out I went into a bandit area, then a forest, where we beat a chimera, then into the hills where we took down an armoured cyclops. Reached a goblin stronghold with not much left in the tank and that was a good time to place the warp crystal thing and head back. The combat is also pretty great, even if it can get confusing at times.

This is £8 at the moment on PS4. Eight quid!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Those bandits don't fuck about. After making light work of a great big cyclops they bring you back down to earth with a bump.
  • It went wrong the first couple of times. Learned to steer clear of the bigger groups. But I got into their base all right in the end and nicked the thing I was after.
  • I don't know why but I've a mad goo on me to give this a whirl. Tis only 20 euros on Amazon for PS4. It doesn't look very polished on PS4 but I'd be happy to put up with that if gameplay is good. I feel the need for a decent RPG after finishing Witcher 3 earlier this year. Switch is also a possibility. Anyone played it on switch? Thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.
    Peter3C
  • I've got it on switch. It plays really well, looks good and I'm enjoying it.
    Haven't got very far as I've been flitting between titles but I recommend it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Plays really well on Switch. I own the game on 4 platforms but thats the version where i took my character and pawn to maximum level.

Love that game!
  • Got it on Switch. Starts ok. But didn't really gel with me.
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    One of the key staff on Dragon's Dogma is now working on Final Fantasy XVI, so it might be worth it for Final Fantasy fans to catch up on it to see what's in store.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Cheers everyone. I've a PS4 pro. Does it look incredibly dated? Was thinking switch handheld might hide its age a bit better.
    Peter3C
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got back into this after buying it for £7 in the recent sale. Bounced off it after getting to Grand Soren and wondering what to do next when I originally played it on 360.

Surprised how well the graphics hold up, some wonky textures (much like BotW the rocks and earth are pretty basic) but stuff like the lighting and character models, with all that lovely armour to wear make it quite nice. The nights are still excellent, properly dark and scary as you listen out for telltale growls coming from beyond the reach of your lantern.

Getting used to the port crystals now so back tracking is becoming less of an issue, got three placed at spots furthest from Grand Soren and Cassardis, could do with another couple as I discovered a great dungeon way up in the north west of the map called Soul Slayer or something, gave me proper Moria vibes and had some good loot.

Absolutely loving the sense of adventure and discovery it gives you, the combat is great (went fighter to mystic knight, back to fighter for the augmentations and I'm back to MK now) and the enemies are a joy to slaughter. Really hope they're working on a successor as there's nothing quite like it, the physicality of the combat is something I've been wanting from the Elder Scrolls for ages.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I never even got around to starting this game and I don’t know why.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Get on it, I'll lend you my pawn
  • Yea I need to start this. Have it on switch
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can have my pawn after Raiz is done with him Wooks
  • I feel that borrowing pawn off a mate is the kind of thing I did at 14
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't use the ones you find in a bush, they're inferior

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!