Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I think a lot of it with PC is trying to stop Steam reviews where someone has a pentium 4 and a 10 year old gpu then gives it a bad review cos its not running at 120fps ultra settings.
  • I generally find DF analysis videos tedious and unnecessary for 90% of games but this could be an interesting one. From what I've seen if this it seems very unique in the core game design choices but in a way that makes it very unpredictable even for a open world sandbox.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I did watch a Dig Foundry vid on the latest Horizon PC port last night and they were moaning about a texture on a log you see for 0.1 seconds not loading correctly. Deal breaker.
  • Really not getting the obsession with FPS, for a cinematic style RPG? Lock it at 20 FPS for all I care.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just make it 5fps its just an RPG with constant action
  • I'm not a big FPS person but from what I can gather on this is that because it's uncapped and then the issues are potentially not GPU related those with a beast GPU will get 100+ in the wild then sub 30 in towns which is a big drop that I think even I would notice.

It'll probably be less of a noticeable drop on console as it won't peak as high.
  • I've been playing it for over a week on PS5 and haven't noticed any framerate issues. I know I'm not sensitive to that kind of stuff, but I should've noticed anything seriously bad.
  • PC master race innit.
    Pay triple for yer hardware to be in a perpetual state of disappointment.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Series S version of this looks worse than the original game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I'm not a big FPS person but from what I can gather on this is that because it's uncapped and then the issues are potentially not GPU related those with a beast GPU will get 100+ in the wild then sub 30 in towns which is a big drop that I think even I would notice.

It'll probably be less of a noticeable drop on console as it won't peak as high.

What if you have best gpu and cpu on market though not a brag sorry guys it's not google's alt account swear
  • If you have that setup you are no longer allowed to play games, you can only post benchmarks to the Linus Tech Tips community until the new GPUs come out.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The IGN performance review said that even their 3080 rig dropped to 30fps in the towns. I’m thinking this engine may not have been the way to go.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    If you have that setup you are no longer allowed to play games, you can only post benchmarks to the Linus Tech Tips community until the new GPUs come out.

Yas I can finally leave here let's goooo
  • GameCentral have given this a 7 because of its "ludonarrative dissonance". I f*cking hate GameCentral sometimes.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bet you wanna ludofuck their dissonance amirite
  • Ludofuck sounds like a lost forumite.
  • Does Ludo technically have a narrative?
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    GameCentral have given this a 7 because of its "ludonarrative dissonance". I f*cking hate GameCentral sometimes.
    No it hasn't. 
    Cons: Battles eventually become routine, the plot’s thinner than Patrick’s Stewart’s hair, and the structure and content remain almost identical to its aged predecessors.
  • No Unicorn Overlord, is it?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just tried out Horizon: Forbidden West PC port, 180-240fps maxed 1440p no DLSS etc. This at 45fps on the same GPU is loller. Shame cos I do wanna give it a crack, I'll hold tight til down the line.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just noticed this is 30% off on CD keys. It hit me wondering why and can see it’s been review bombed on Steam due to the appearance of what appears to be some pretty cynical microtransactions, including one for fast travel, which seems a bit shitty to me.

Despite this think I’m gonna take the plunge at £37 as the core gameplay is still supposed to be solid.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Just noticed this is 30% off on CD keys. It hit me wondering why and can see it’s been review bombed on Steam due to the appearance of what appears to be some pretty cynical microtransactions, including one for fast travel, which seems a bit shitty to me.

Despite this think I’m gonna take the plunge at £37 as the core gameplay is still supposed to be solid.
    What the fuck.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You can find crystals but apparently they are rare.

Edit from this article: https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/dragons-dogma-2-launches-to-mostly-negative-review-bombing-after-microtransaction-reveal-and-man-what-a-bummer

And this seems like dubious reviewing to me, from the reviewer

"Editor's note (Jez Corden): I just want to add here that Capcom didn't hide these microtransactions from us before I published my review, they were detailed in the review guide. Typically when I review games, I avoid reading the review guide, because I want to go in with a blank slate as if I was playing purely as someone who had just purchased the game. In the past I've received review guides that included developer explanations with PR language that I felt might be designed to try influence my opinion of a game, and as such, I've typically avoided them. In this case, the review guide in the initial email did include descriptions of these microtransactions, which I hadn't shared with the team. "
  • Wokestone!

Anyway. Surely if that's your stance you write the review, or at least flesh it out then just skim through the review guide to check for such things after and add them in.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s interesting. I read a few reviews after this and they all talk about fast travel being minimised by design but none of the ones I read said anything about you can access fast travel through forking out extra cash and they all would have had the same review guide. Definitely has some shill sniff to it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Aha, fuck this game so. Good. One less expense.
  • Weird innit.

The reviews I've seen didn't mention it either. However they did mention that lack of regular fast travel, how it played into the rudderless exploration game design but could become frustrating potentially. The opportunity to mention microtransactions was there. In fact this is the first I'm hearing of them at all.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s getting battered on Steam which is why I guess I was able to pick it up for £37 so I’m not complaining and I’m not against the idea of a world to explore properly. But at the same time don’t hide this stuff until launch. It’s potentially sunk it on PC.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pay extra to have lighter gear and carry more stuff. Monetising the bane of the RPG - carrying stuff and inventory management. Bastards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!