Dragon's Dogma
  • I think you cant even pay to start again. There is the work around on PC that DS posted. Similar is doable on console apparently.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dragons-dogma-2-delete-save-new-game/

This is one of the dumbest things Ive seen in a game. I thought before release they were just talking about one save file per run at a time to avoid save scumming, not that you get one run at the game.

Means you cant have multiple builds on the go either.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Is that your Arisen?

You don't want to see Frantic's. Very NSFW

Listen, it's not my fault the best leg armour I have is a pair of tights and no bum coverage. It's like twice as good as the ones I had before too.

Bloomin' Japanese perverts.

• That just feels like the one that bothers me.
    With a big game like this I know what I'll end up doing is starting it, putting 5 or 6 hours in, getting distracted with other life stuff and end up going back to it after 3 or 4 months.
    Now I have no idea what's going on, who that person is, what this build does, what that item is for and as such I will want to start from scratch to enjoy it properly.

But no, it seems I won't be able to do that.
    So for that, I'm out.
    I'll pick it up in a year for a tenner somewhere but won't be paying full price
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    They're adding a new game option.

CRISIS OVER.
  • On Steam. At some point.
    "We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game," wrote the studio. "We will announce more details as soon as we can."
  • https://youtu.be/HtGpp1v8c_k?si=Gos5Juv2bXhWGdd5

Digital foundry on dragons dogma 2 performance.
  • Performance seems the least of the worries at the moment. No 'New Game' option is just so utterly retarded. But I'm desperate for some quality open world RPG action after the mild disappointment that was Starfield, so I will be buying it tomorrow - there, I have said it now DS, are you happy?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The no restart game option is an odd one. What's the reason behind that?

MGSV was the same, I did the same as Wookie and came back to it after a few years and couldn't remember any of the controls and half remembered some mechanics. In that I could repeat the early missions, so I sorted myself out.

I don't know why they'd do it like that though. Limiting fast travel is a choice, a decision made to make you commit to the journey over the destination etc. but I can't see why they'd be against starting over. Especially as they're making it possible to completely fuck everything up by letting the wrong NPC die or failing an important mission. That's some tough love
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Performance seems the least of the worries at the moment. No 'New Game' option is just so utterly retarded. But I'm desperate for some quality open world RPG action after the mild disappointment that was Starfield, so I will be buying it tomorrow - there, I have said it now DS, are you happy?

Sod DS, I'm happy. There's a great game to be had, the out and about adventuring is excellent so far. What class you going? Archer like the rest of us?
  • Starfield is an 'ok game'; if I was being harsh, I would say it's also a 'bang average game'. I think the present malaise around the title can be detected on every internet posting board from here to the Orion system.

Similarly, Capcom need to start back peddling furiously on all this 'no new game' and micro transaction shit, because the community is rightly pissed.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Especially as they're making it possible to completely fuck everything up by letting the wrong NPC die or failing an important mission. That's some tough love
    And especially when certain quests are poorly explained and you might not know what to do until it's too late. Fortunately, in the one case that really mattered, I was able to close the game before the save icon appeared and give it another go.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's been better than the first at pointing that stuff out so far. Some characters even point out the lack of urgency in their quests.

The first game had someone tell you to head back to you your home town when you're on the road to Grand Soren because someone wanted to pick some flowers or some shit. A back burner quest if ever I'd heard one, but if you didn't go and do it immediately you'd cut yourself out of an important quest line for lore and an entire section of the map. Madness.

I'm hoping they don't pull the same trick here
  • The Polish version of Eurogamer gives a less gushing review than its English-version site:

https://www.eurogamer.pl/dragons-dogma-2-recenzja
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    And we all know how revered Polish Eurogamer are within the industry
  • Did they not like it because it's not The Witcher?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    And we all know how revered Polish Eurogamer are within the industry

Is that because they're specifically Polish or just non English speaking? I have no idea how influential they are but I'd say there are definitely far more non English speaking gamers in Europe than English speaking and I'd suppose their press has just as much influence on the gaming industry, even if we don't read it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah. I don't know why but you're adding up all the individual languages and lumping them together. Non English speaking Italians aren't all reading Polish Eurogamer are they? They'll read the Italian version.

The people with English as a first or second language far outnumber the people with Polish as a first or second language, surely?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd imagine so, but I have no idea how much each individual country's reviews etc influence the games makers etc. It just seemed a strange way to argue against an opinion.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I didn't argue against it, I was saying it was irrelevant. Does anyone here give a flying fuck what Polish Eurogamer have ever said about anything?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No because we're not Polish mate but I'm sure the Poles do, which was Kow's point to the weirdness.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will cease here though for fear of being told why the fuck am I commenting on something I haven't bought/aren't enjoying which has happened the last few times from multiple users.
  • Have been playing this game all day since about 9am. It's bloody brilliant.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why is Polish Eurogamer being used as a reference point here? That's the weird thing, not that I've got no interest in it
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No because we're not Polish mate but I'm sure the Poles do, which was Kow's point to the weirdness.

His point was that Polish Eurogamer has as much influence on the industry as the English Eurogamer. My point was that it doesn't, and is totally irrelevant here.

But that's weird apparently, hey ho what you gonna do?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My point wasn't that they have as much influence, I said I have no idea, because I didn't know what you meant. It was more that you seemed to dismiss an opinion because the person giving it was Polish and I don't see why that matters or why that would be a way to negate an opinion. An opinion is just an opinion surely, regardless of where it's coming from.
  • I’m loving it and have found at least 5 ferry stones and not used one.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I dismissed it because I couldn't give a flying fuck what Polish Eurogamer has to say about anything, not because they're Polish. I don't particularly care about what English Eurogamer have to say either.

Do you think I have something against Polish people?

What's going on here?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!