Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Something that I've only just realized, your pawn doesn't get any recommendations or anything until you rest at an inn. I've been saving myself 2000g by camping out in the wild instead of staying at an inn so missed loads of stuff. I also think it's kept my pawn low level? I don't know what else. I was wondering why nobody kept big Cass long enough to complete his first quest.

Also, Dubs you need to sort out Pocket Geif's eyebrows. Everything else is spot on but he looks like he spends hours staring into the mirror with a pair of tweezers in between cutting the tails off Saurians. I had to put a hood on the bugger, he ended up looking like an S&M gimp, bless him
  • I've managed to wizard my way up some cliffs onto a huge central plateau, but I'm able to glitch through into some of the landscape so I'm obviously not meant to be up here.
  • Constantly getting back seated by Daq’s pawn - “follow me, I know the way to go”, “come over here”. Then, if I find something Daq hasn’t seen yet, she basically calls him an idiot and looks forward to educating him when she gets “back”.

Great game.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    This is probably the best most flawed game I’ve ever played. The fact the frame rate is all over the place, the fact major NPCs just melt into view in front of you, the fact you can be mid combat with a huge baddie, then a quest triggers and people start talking while your pawns are getting ripped apart in the background, the fact that quests can have completely opaque solutions that don’t match the clues. None of it seems to matter when you are in the moment to moment action.

Agree with this - the game rejects so many modern “best practices” and design standards, and ends up with something that feels deeply unique, utterly old fashioned and incredibly uneven. I love it.

Still wish it ran at a decent frame rate though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Constantly getting back seated by Daq’s pawn - “follow me, I know the way to go”, “come over here”. Then, if I find something Daq hasn’t seen yet, she basically calls him an idiot and looks forward to educating him when she gets “back”. Great game.

Florence the catlady and I have been busy studiously avoiding anything that smells like a main plot quest so you leave her be there Mike. I’ve only killed her twice now and she was very sorry both times. 
    She’s a lovely archer who may one day turn into a death warlock or meathead warrior type but she just needs to get her 9 in the dental floss and matchstick first.

Edit: Just remembered Florence is actually a one shot sneak kill instadeath level 8 Thief, not a bow user. She also chose the hoor’s droor’s and fishnets herself Yr’Honour.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I have to convince an incarcerated Magistrate to escape prison by first finding him a refuge he can flee to where he can read many books in quite contemplation.

I mean, there's games that do too much hand-holding and there's games that do it insufficiently, but this is a tad ridiculous.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did that quest a couple days ago. It didn’t go as I thought it would.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I have to convince an incarcerated Magistrate to escape prison by first finding him a refuge he can flee to where he can read many books in quite contemplation.

I mean, there's games that do too much hand-holding and there's games that do it insufficiently, but this is a tad ridiculous.

I was lucky as I’d already found the location of the books.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lads, got a cheap key I'm now Dogmaing soon love you I've always said it's a banger
  • Is this a bit like Skyrim?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If Skyrim gave you a party of AI companions, boss battles, untraversable waterways, but didn't supply you with a magic compass telling you where to go all the time - then yes, this game would be exactly like Skyrim.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Sounds good, I'm in.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Lads, got a cheap key I'm now Dogmaing soon love you I've always said it's a banger

Mate first one was utter bobbins but this is class. But only if you play as an archer obviously. All the other classes are gash.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mate I ain't no Robin Hood gimp I'm warrior innit
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    SF6 Zangief does have some very tidy brows fyi.

Made my way to the Southern part of the map via some typically janky method. Now I can't seem to go north again without warping and the quests have dried up so I'm just charging about looting what I can, which is good fun tbf.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Payment wasn't taken due to card issue phew as you were lads.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Mate first one was utter bobbins but this is class.

Which is an utterly bobbins thing to say seeing has how this sequel feels so close to the original.

I am tempted to go Archer though as my Thief feels a bit meh presently.

• Heh, people are slaughtering NPCs to get the framerate up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Mate first one was utter bobbins but this is class.
    Which is an utterly bobbins thing to say seeing has how this sequel feels so close to the original. I am tempted to go Archer though as my Thief feels a bit meh presently.

I think it's because I wasn't an archer. The camera was shite, the melee was meh, I just thought it was a bit of nothing really. Anyway, I'm a convert, this is great.
  • Decided to buy the first game as I got a steam key for £3.
  • I just found the
    Spoiler:
    in the woods, I think I remember them being referred to in the first game but don't remember seeing them! Now I need to find a pawn that
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There's a quest back in Vernworth that helps a bit with that, at least for a while. Yep, that second spoiler is another great touch in a game of great touches.
  • Some of the CAPCOM official pawns are hilarious. I've got a fat one at the moment that shoots at all the wild animals he can find, and takes their meat, and often ends up drying the meat and making concoctions and shit
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Payment wasn't taken due to card issue phew as you were lads.

Went through this affie fuck knows anyway I am now GOATed lads thanks I will try not to do a Starfield
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You couldn't, it's a good game this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How cheap is a cheap code?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I got it for £37.49 on CD Keys.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Same.

I've just sunk a couple hours in. Performance issues aside, which are fucking ridiculous, not bad.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep performance, especially in towns, is ropey. But I would have thought with your rig you’re getting 100+ fps out in the wilds.

Tip is to not rush through the main quest. It’s not the best and all the side stuff is more interesting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!