Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Warped back to Vermund after spending the last 8ish hours meandering my way down to the southern edge of the world map. Was a nice jaunt. Killed a dragon and grabbed some loot before leaving so now Gief is destroying everything with a big fiery mace.
    Just wish I'd taken my one portcrystal down there, silly boy.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice, it's brutal down south, just spent 100k upgrading my gear so hopefully can cope a bit more. Was there no town down that way to grab a port crystal from? I tend not to carry mine as they weigh 2kg each.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    Not that I found, still just got the one and I'd left it in a forest up north.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh, so when you pop them you can pick them back up and move them? Did not realise that, I've been holding off using them (I have 2) as I assumed it was permanent.
  • My main pawn just got Dragonsplague and it's game-breakingly ridiculous
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did the BIG THING happen?
  • Yeah. Not sure how I feel. But to be honest, in the first game the world basically ended and a huge bottomless pit opened up in the main city, so compared to that the big thing is rather trivial
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just had a good session which resulted in me finding the Mystic Spearhand vocation. Giving it a go because I've maxed Archer and there's no sign of Magic Archer anywhere
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Let me know what it’s like. I’ve been loathe to switch as I love the archer so much.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's a big step down in damage since my gear is rubbish but it's nice to get stuck in with the spear. Good mix of close and ranged attacks too by the looks of it. Some good movement options too. Loving it so far
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Mmm. May give it go but might come back North of the border as it’s tough down south even with a much beefier bow.
  • It felt very Jedi to me, especially with a lightning weapon enchantment! I am finding thief similar to Spearhand, but more enjoyable, however. One vocation I'm not going to go back to though is the
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Was feeling quite smug this morning as I took out another dragon only to find that I think it ate (or incinerated) two of my pawns and an NPC that I had been on multiple quests with and was transporting him to another place. Well gutted.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Had a fucky side quest last night at the border checkpoint town thing. Maybe.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That one is tricky and it’s also time pressured.

You need to follow the clue about
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s wrote:
    That one is tricky and it’s also time pressured. You need to follow the clue about
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    True, I just found it easier.
  • It's a surprisingly long trek as well.

That quest glitched for me anyway. I rescued the kid and then the grandfather never acknowledged it when I returned to town.
  • Clearly the game knew you weren’t Dogma-ing hard enough.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did you walk into his house? If you just go up to him as a shopkeeper he doesn’t do anything but if you walk through the door you get the cut scene. This game seems to be full of those things where you run around trying to get a quest to end.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Weird. It was daytime when I checked but no obvious trail to follow. There's a couple of ways away from that area and I went down them both. The pawns were useless too, if you've done it, lead the fucking way when I say I'll follow you
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    It's a surprisingly long trek as well.

That quest glitched for me anyway. I rescued the kid and then the grandfather never acknowledged it when I returned to town.

Same here. Even found the kid in the village, picked him up and carried him into the shop. No joy. Stupid fucking game, I should burn the whole place down
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fighting dragons is dreadful innit?

I'm the class specifically designed to take them down, there's a ballista to use when it doesn't spontaneously explode, a Cyclops is already attacking it and I can't take more than two health bars from it. I'm trying to stab it in the heart but that means getting so close that half the time I can't see what I'm doing and the other half I'm dead. The climbing controls are improved but still wonky when the fucking thing is spinning this way and that and randomly knocking me off or just killing me stone dead
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Go back to archer mate :-)
  • What the heck is up with the world map in this game?

image-2.png

I've just spent hours trying to get to the village of Melve from the capital, went anti-clockwise but couldn't get through, so had to retread my steps and go all the way around back in the other direction - but there seems to be a massive interior mountainous region ( the dark zone here) that I can't access? What am I missing here exactly?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You're missing a big fucking mountain, apparently.

There's definitely a little shortcut through a tunnel in the North East of the mountain you're missing too. And I'm sure there's a way to get to the north west of Melve from that western side of the river but I've not found that yet
  • It may well be a mountain, but you can't traverse any of it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma/s/YXu9v4cSqE

That's just really really bad game design. It's a huge chunk of the world map that's non-playable. Feels like the open world element is just a con in this game
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't be daft. It's obviously still an open world, you haven't been conned, stop trying to make a victim of yourself because you can't climb up a mountain. There was an inaccessible mountain in the first game too
  • Show me another open world game that has a huge chunk of the map like the one above completely out of bounds and walled off. Even the first game had more open areas than this sequel. It's pretty shoddy world map design, no matter how you try to spin it. It's a massive hole in the game map!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Look you can have mountains or you can have beaches. You can’t have both in a single game. And this game has some damn fine beaches.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!