Remember The Trace? I want to make that actually happen.
  • Hello I only read all of this thread because I am sick but would suggest less procrastination and more action.

I thought podcasts were for people who were already famous in some way to make.
  • There isn't much action can happen without the structure in place from Petey.

Also Pranky, you're not Doctor Manhattan.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I thought podcasts were for people who were already famous in some way to make.

Really?  You ought to look at the podcasts section of iTunes then.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think Pranky is quite a fluffy deep sea fisherman.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Bunch of thin-skinned oversensitive faggotry in this thread.  What happened to you all?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If we're displaying thin-skinned oversensitive faggotry, I'd say it's pretty much business as usual.
  • You may have a point, you mong.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How.. how could you?

*bursts into tears*
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Take it easy Yoss you great fat cunt.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • That's the spirit.
  • I only ever wanted the "community" to show a modicum of productivity, and for illustriously creative members to get REAL recognition.  The kind of recognition that Edge refuses to give...

what kind of recognition do you want? Being serious here Az?
     Because I don't think that anything that we make here would be the golden chalice you are looking for.

If you are looking for critical acclaim then get out there and start working your butt off to get published (online/offline) and build yourself up that way. 

Based on the jobs thread I think we are a quite creative bunch whether doing it for a career or not. 

But I think's you are heading down the road of disappointment if you think that recognition (REAL recognition) is coming from here.  ( REAL recognition for me was having my severely disabled client smile at me when I finished painting his name in a graffiti style on his wall) - What would you say REAL recognition is for you? 

I don't understand what you expect to gain from anything we would do together as a team.

I think you have ideas to succeed but i don't really see the article after article being pushed out there by Prankster Productions, I don't see you proving yourself by saying - well this month I penned 10 articles on gaming and the like and here are the links. 
     Read them, tell me what you think. Fuck you if you don't like them.
     Next month there will be another 10 and I'm speaking to etc etc etc.
      I'm doing it whether you guys think I'm a joke or not. I'm going somewhere.
      Then you have a site that people might start to find out a bit more about your writing style, start to like how you write, not necessarily what its about, AND will read you for your views and thoughts on certain matters.  

I don't see that 10 article in 2 years as justification for anyone to take you seriously.  So take the reins. 

All I see is you coming on and bitching about how EDGE treated you. And I went away for about 4 years and it's still the same thing.  But never really come back with anything other than ammunition for monkey et al to shoot you down in flames.

So why don't you go and write 20 articles and prove me wrong. Start with 10 and double what you have online now. 

Just a thought. Not a go.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Unlikely wrote:
    You may have a point, you mong.
    You're mellowing with age.. oh dear.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I would be up for writing and talking. Maybe even on the podcast as well.

went OT which I apologise for.
  • I think you have ideas to succeed but i don't really see the article after article being pushed out there by Prankster Productions, I don't see you proving yourself by saying - well this month I penned 10 articles on gaming and the like and here are the links.   Read them, tell me what you think. Fuck you if you don't like them.  Next month there will be another 10 and I'm speaking to etc etc etc.   I'm doing it whether you guys think I'm a joke or not. I'm going somewhere.   Then you have a site that people might start to find out a bit more about your writing style, start to like how you write, not necessarily what its about, AND will read you for your views and thoughts on certain matters.   I don't see that 10 article in 2 years as justification for anyone to take you seriously.  So take the reins. 

In all seriousness, this is one of my issues with Pranky. Aside from the horrible name that should be changed immediately, another issue is Prankster 101 Productions doesn't seem to do much. You can talk all you want about Re-Play, but it never went anywhere. You seem to be more focused on the design of the website than on actually producing content.

You also really need a filter between brain and keyboard. You have potential, but some of the things you've put on your website are monumentally dumb. Be it your continued snipes at people who've taken shots at you, or the booth babes piece, sometimes you need to sit down and think 'should I really be posting this?

You need to be doing more things like the interview with Zico Chain.
  • Well, id rather say something constructive to him than just slag the poor woman off.
  • I think you have ideas to succeed but i don't really see the article after article being pushed out there by Prankster Productions, I don't see you proving yourself by saying - well this month I penned 10 articles on gaming and the like and here are the links.   Read them, tell me what you think. Fuck you if you don't like them.  Next month there will be another 10 and I'm speaking to etc etc etc.   I'm doing it whether you guys think I'm a joke or not. I'm going somewhere.   Then you have a site that people might start to find out a bit more about your writing style, start to like how you write, not necessarily what its about, AND will read you for your views and thoughts on certain matters.   I don't see that 10 article in 2 years as justification for anyone to take you seriously.  So take the reins. 
    In all seriousness, this is one of my issues with Pranky. Aside from the horrible name that should be changed immediately, another issue is Prankster 101 Productions doesn't seem to do much. You can talk all you want about Re-Play, but it never went anywhere. You seem to be more focused on the design of the website than on actually producing content. You also really need a filter between brain and keyboard. You have potential, but some of the things you've put on your website are monumentally dumb. Be it your continued snipes at people who've taken shots at you, or the booth babes piece, sometimes you need to sit down and think 'should I really be posting this? You need to be doing more things like the interview with Zico Chain.
    the name was inspired by "kojima productions"... 

re-play kind of went somewhere.  it got pre-orders of 25,000 and i managed to secure distribution in london from the same people that take care of shortlist etc.  i just need the all-important cash now...  £20k for 6 months running costs.  having said that though, i don't think there is much of a "future" left for re-play, as ad revenue has really taken a nose-dive over the last few months (making a free games magazine unsustainable), and mobile (roaming) devices ensure that people are now able to filter their own content and read it on their mobiles, and therefore don't need a print magazine.

i guess some of the issues which re-play is facing is also something that edge faces.  but whilst i don't/didn't have the clout to make re-play a going concern, future does.  as to whether edge is able to adapt to the digital age is anyones guess, but seeing that their community (including some extremely loyal members - of which i was for a very long time) has decided to camp here, just goes to show that they haven't been able to successfully meld both the online and offline aspect of their brand.

i'm still trying to work out how to turn the site into a multi-user blog site (with achievements).  it'll be a platform.

i gather you liked the interview with zico chain?  i just kind of got the impression that my work (content/opinions etc) was unappreciated.

presently, i am working on two podcasts...  i've done several interviews for each now, and look to make the podcasts more like "a life well wasted".

i know some people didn't like my first podcast - but that is because i didn't really take the time to sort out all the ahhs and uhmms from the audio.  i just wanted something out there - regardless of quality.  the important thing for me at the time was to have my own podcast.  since then, i've done a course on podcasting, and have bought better (second hand) equipment - although i can't get the mic to work through the mixer at present, and still need better headphones - which is probably a good thing, as it means that i haven't been able to dish out the kind of "shit" which i am renowned for  :)

i have to go now.  i have a really big day ahead of me...
    www.prankster101.com
  • Where did you do a course on podcasting? And what did they teach you?
  • USE CAPITALS!  When did it become de rigeur to ignore capitalisation on forum posts when you're selling yourself as a serious, talented journalist?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @Pranky: You still haven't addressed concerns (as highlighted by Johnny come lately up there) about the awfully misogynistic piece on booth babes.  That isn't a matter of taste either, so don't tell me 'oh but someone liked it I'm sure'.  Any sensible person would find that cringeworthy and offensive for all the right reasons.  Regardless of how well intentioned you were, it came off as mean spirited, tasteless and objectively unfunny (as in craft-wise; poor choice of language, poorly constructed.  I imagine I'll get kicked for that one though), if humour was your intention.  So, explanation plox.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    ad revenue has really taken a nose-dive over the last few months
    What? No seriously...what?

You should have been doing an online magazine a decade ago, not realising there's no money for ads in free print mags in the last couple of months.

Think what kind of website 20k investment would buy. More than a WordPress blog with a free off the shelf template, that's for sure.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not if he did it himself.
  • Skerret wrote:
    @Pranky: You still haven't addressed concerns (as highlighted by Johnny come lately up there) about the awfully misogynistic piece on booth babes.  That isn't a matter of taste either, so don't tell me 'oh but someone liked it I'm sure'.  Any sensible person would find that cringeworthy and offensive for all the right reasons.  Regardless of how well intentioned you were, it came off as mean spirited, tasteless and objectively unfunny (as in craft-wise; poor choice of language, poorly constructed.  I imagine I'll get kicked for that one though), if humour was your intention.  So, explanation plox.

you'll be surprised actually.  i got quite a few hits for that piece.  i wouldn't be getting traffic for the article if the subject matter wasn't in so much "demand".  

you say that i am misogynistic.  but let's be honest: some women still have no objection in being viewed as objects.  they still want guys to pay for them, even thought they masquerade and pose as nu-age "feminists" seeking equality in society.  i don't have a problem with that.  but they're still selling their bodies...

i don't see how what i said is necessarily offensive or misogynistic.  they certainly weren't employed for their brains, or their "talents"... 

it's like paying to go and see an action movie.  you don't go and watch an action movie for the intelligent dialogue.  or the script.  and whilst i still love michael bay, even i hate his transformers movies.   

to be honest, that post brought me nothing but flak from some quarters of the "games community".  and i've deleted it now.  you're right in that it was tasteless...  but nobody is forcing internet users to scout out the website post, or do a google search for it.  i certainly didn't advertise it on edge forums etc...
    Mod74 wrote:
    ad revenue has really taken a nose-dive over the last few months
    What? No seriously...what? You should have been doing an online magazine a decade ago, not realising there's no money for ads in free print mags in the last couple of months. Think what kind of website 20k investment would buy. More than a WordPress blog with a free off the shelf template, that's for sure.
    a website is like a grain of sand on a beach...  at least with my 1 issue of re-play, i was able to get my name out there in front of 10,000 people, and be featured in mcv afterwards.  that's real recognition.  not the kind of recognition that edge would ever give.
    www.prankster101.com
  • why is pranky in this thread and why is he writing so much

pranky a photo i took and put on dA was viewed by like.. 500,000 people in the space of a few weeks and im still a nobody... nngg... *stops engaging*
  • Women = transformer whores.  Got it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So if some women think something is ok then it's not misogynistic?
  • Kow wrote:
    So if some women think something is ok then it's not misogynistic?

its great, if some guys think rape is alright, then it's alright!
  • Transformer rape = OK.  Got it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hey, I've just solved racism. It doesn't matter anymore. Especially for transformers.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think the point he's trying to make is that some girls really are 'asking for it', in which case jokes about rape are absolutely fine.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Now I'm going to turn my apathy towards solving global economic problems.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!