Remember The Trace? I want to make that actually happen.
  • It's a legitimate concern.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I don't think I have ever listened to a podcast.
    Might I recommend Dr Karl's Science Phone-In on Radio 5 Live (might not be the correct name) to start you off?

How would I listen to this podcast? I have no pod to speak of.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    They're just mp3s, you can listen to them on anything. Well, anything that plays an mp3.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Indeed. You can download it through iTunes (and presumably through other routes) for free.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    BBC podcasts are the only place I've ever seen that offer a Zune subscribe link, that's how inclusive they are.
  • Whoops, wrong account..
  • Must add, I'd be perfectly happy to be involved in trying a podcast, but if the consensus was that it wasn't compatible with the community, or was likely to harm it or even just cause some dissent somewhere, I'd happily consign it to history as a failed experiment.

It's not so much that I want to be on the radio and this is acting out some sort of ambition, rather than I've enjoyed the discussions I've heard on most podcasts and I'd love to be part of one.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    The consensus is ranging from "let's do this" through "this might be interesting" to "have a crack but try and be careful"

Nobody is saying don't do it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    DON'T DO IT!

Actually, I don't care. I have no interest in contributing to a podcast, and not a great deal more in listening to one, although I'll give the first episode a go to see what I think.
  • Fuck this shit. I'm setting up a breakaway breakaway forum, with a no podcast guarantee.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    The consensus is ranging from "let's do this" through "this might be interesting" to "have a crack but try and be careful" Nobody is saying don't do it.

Oh I know, I was meaning after the fact.  If it seems to be a poor option once an episode or 2 have been produced.
  • I will look forward to whatever anyone does hence re: this general topic.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Guys, we've talked about blogs and podcasts, BUT WHAT ABOUT VLOGS OMG.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • By vlog do you mean "stream/taping of swear-laden and possibly inebriated co-op run attempt on a given videogame". I have to suppose you do.
  • What am I saying, all these projects will be undertaken drunk
  • YESH.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    All projects will be undertaken drunk
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Apologies if this comes across as patronising in any way. Not intended to, but there seems to be a helluva lot of conjecture; at least the animosity has been sorted out though. 

I don't know any of you and sometimes the history of the various Edge forums confuses me. But as an occasional poster I'm always impressed by the banter and wit that ricochets through every thread. Why not capture this in a podcast? It could well be a clusterfuck of Prankster proportions, but I think that's relatively unlikely. As a bit of a Luddite, I'm unaware of the technical difficulties of hosting and recording conversations between people at different corners of the country/overseas. But, there are some obviously talented people on here that can make that happen. 

Why not set a 2 week deadline for initial contributions to some B&B podcast with people posting their snippets on Soundcloud? Those that want to chip in can. We can all have a listen and then work out how this all might work. Forumites then have free rein to create whatever they want and it'll be less prescriptive than some of the duller podcasts out there. 

I do think anything that revolves around reviews is flawed, unless they're a retrospective look at them. And irreverent. Just my twopenneth. Shoot me down..
  • I don't think it's massively about reviews. Articles are where it's at.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yes, news is pointless as rest of web gets there first. Opinion pieces and articles are bang on the money
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Has anyone thought what the promotion mechanism would be? I mean, presumably this is aiming higher than to be listened to by about 20 members of this forum, but won't be trying to crack the iTunes top 10?

Is there anywhere to stick random podcasts that will actually get them an audience?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    What am I saying, all these projects will be undertaken drunk

Hello.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Has anyone thought what the promotion mechanism would be? I mean, presumably this is aiming higher than to be listened to by about 20 members of this forum, but won't be trying to crack the iTunes top 10? Is there anywhere to stick random podcasts that will actually get them an audience?

I think we should trawl around random games forums starting threads to spread the word.
  • *chuckle*
  • Beyond posting to the participants Facebook ect, I'd not given that a great deal of thought.
  • If the aim isn't to drive traffic to this place, then, well, what is the aim, and why is it being associated with B&B?

I'm not deliberately being negative, I'm just asking.

I quite liked the blog (e-mag, whatever) idea, not sure what the point of a few people here putting together a podcast would actually be.
  • Good question.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    if there is a podcast can i join in at some point?
    i like talking about stuff and have lots to say...but im shit at typing and stuff! :D
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Good thread. Would read again.
  • WorKid wrote:
    If the aim isn't to drive traffic to this place, then, well, what is the aim, and why is it being associated with B&B? I'm not deliberately being negative, I'm just asking. I quite liked the blog (e-mag, whatever) idea, not sure what the point of a few people here putting together a podcast would actually be.

I started this thread because I wanted a place to write stuff without being the only one writing anything for it, because I'm much more likely to actually do something if I'm not the only person adding stuff.

Why is it being associated with the B&B? Because apparently people had mentioned doing something like this, and Petey said this could potentially be that. Point of the podcast? To make it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!