Remember The Trace? I want to make that actually happen.
  • I need to have a proper look at the site to see what it is you're actually doing with what you have.
    I'm not sure what exactly I can bring to the table apart from opinions.
    My writing is sub-standard (although better than Pranky's) responsible and I have a dreadfully nasal voice that I can barely stand the sound of. But I'd like to help any way I can, I'm a pretty good researcher, if that helps in any way.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • monkey wrote:
    This is why we need a bawbag thread.

Yes!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Actually Dante, I have a wee backlog of beginning film theory articles I was going to do on the trace so I could send em to you
  • submissions [at] onscreeninstereo.co.uk is the email I've set us for that sort of thing, but equally you can PM me on here.

As to what I'm doing with it, that's malleable. There is a structure in place, which can be changed. For example, Reg mentioned board games. I have no objections to someone wanting to talk about them, so that can be added. Opinions are probably the big thing really. If you want to review something that's cool, but the focus in the main is probably more opinion pieces. I like the idea of a Time Extend type thing though. Been listening a lot to London Calling recently, and thinking that would make a good piece.

As for Reg's film theory stuff, go for it. From reading some of your stuff in the film thread I think it would be interesting.
  • Reg's film blog was very nicely written (about Japanese films), when I read it a while back.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • submissions [at] onscreeninstereo.co.uk is the email I've set us for that sort of thing, but equally you can PM me on here. As to what I'm doing with it, that's malleable. There is a structure in place, which can be changed. For example, Reg mentioned board games. I have no objections to someone wanting to talk about them, so that can be added. Opinions are probably the big thing really. If you want to review something that's cool, but the focus in the main is probably more opinion pieces. I like the idea of a Time Extend type thing though. Been listening a lot to London Calling recently, and thinking that would make a good piece. As for Reg's film theory stuff, go for it. From reading some of your stuff in the film thread I think it would be interesting.

Hmm.
    I might see about writing a time extend about Ico or summit.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's nice to see something start. Well in Dante.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Read some stuffs Dante, nice stuffs. Anyone got a link to Reg's "very nicely written" blog?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • i wrote something for the trace that might be usable, if i can remember where it went! i'll have a look, but youre welcome to reject it on crapness grounds if that's how it turns out. i think its some historical look at the game marble madness, cause my remake was actually meant to be part of a series of articles going over the dev of the game. well, trace died and i made the game anyways so there.

maybe i could do a similar thang for your thingy
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Read some stuffs Dante, nice stuffs. Anyone got a link to Reg's "very nicely written" blog?

http://achancetobeginagain.blogspot.co.uk/
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I'm back to the US next week, at which point I'll tentatively try to resurrect podgramme interest.
  • HELLO THIS WAS A FUN READ THANKS
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah, there's my blog. Put a post up at the start of the month, have one about the Western appeal of Ghibli coming.
  • Finally got around to finishing a piece.

I probably shouldn't have chosen to write something else that involves playing basically every Kinect game, but whatever. I'll be attacking Bioshock at some point too, which I'm not overly looking forward too.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    to, not too :)

Bioshock is awesome.
  • I have something on multiplayer communication, but its not finished.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I liked the article Dante. Don't take this the wrong way though, as it isn't aimed at you but mainly the whole world of independent games journalism, retrospectives can usually get to fuck. Edge do some corkers because they tend to dig up a lot of great facts about games and present them concisely, whereas most other people just tend to pick a game that they like and talk about it, usually with lack of context or anything else.

Basically i'm angry that i'm never convinced of my own opinion or motivated enough to ever write anything.

But the website is nice and I didn't know much about Sonic on the Master System so I read it anyway and it was written well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!