Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • I've freed whatsherface so if that fucking abortion of a course which has you going up the sides and those fucking spinny bastards, then yes I have done it.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • How many are there?

Think I only played 3.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Webbins wrote:
    I've freed whatsherface so if that fucking abortion of a course which has you going up the sides and those fucking spinny bastards, then yes I have done it.
    Yes THAT ONE

Christ that was not fun at all. 
    I managed to blast a lap then got to the final section with 30 seconds to spare and... Boom, boom, boom, boom. Fail. 

It took another 5 tries before i actually managed to do it with about 15 seconds in the bank. 
    Hopefully there's no more of that shit. 

I'm getting on with it a bit more now. There's still something not compelling me to add this to the 'greats' list as parts of it have me screaming at the telly.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Riddler Challenge.
    Clue is in the name boys.
  • The car handling is terrible. Riddle annoyance and no more.
  • Aye, it's not fair to demonise the course. It is far from puzzling, but Christ the handling of that hearse makes it such a chore.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I used the little shuffle move at times to avoid traps.

My issue with the car was it never felt very fast, you get outrun by a fucking apc!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • 83% in and getting a bit bored now. Little things in the hand to hand combat are getting very annoying and the car being shoehorned into every story mission is grating and disappointing.
    Maybe the feeling of tedium is because I'm not saving anything major for new game+ because there's no way I'm doing NG+. I've done just about every side mission and i think i only have some checkpoints left.
    And there's absolutely no fucking way I'm doing the Riddler trophies and environment riddles, I'm just so frigging bored of them. 
    And what's with the
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:

I am too getting end game fatigue, and again most likely from mopping up side quests, riddles, etc. I know this is a very, very good game, it just doesn't feel a great one. I'm almost disappointed in myself that I feel this as there's clearly been a lot of work and polish gone into it. Maybe coming off the back of the Witcher hasn't done it any favours. I've spent Christ knows how many hours on that and am probably not even half way but still was finding it amazing before Batty intervened. I shall push on though with AK, the end is nigh.
  • Spoiler:
    The game doles out the gadgets as when you need them, its just odd that it leaves those two for you to stumble upon.

I feel exactly the same as you. It's a good game etc... I just don't love it.
  • Panty's spoiler is the most bulshit thing in this game.
  • I'm surprised no-one has mentioned how mundane the actual combat is in this.  The first two really rejuvenated third person bash em ups and this more or less just repeats that without moving with the times.  Recent games that have taken their "inspiration" from the Arkham games have expanded and improved the mechanics but this game has just sat back on it's own arse and stayed exactly the same.  It's all a bit of a mess and I think highlights that that batman game that wasn't done by rocksteady wasn't shit just because it wasn't made by rocksteady - as everyone thought at the time - but rather the mechanics and game style were starting to show their age and had been surpassed by other titles without the geek cred of batman.  All this game has done is blow up the previous two to stupid proportions and so, although the graphics maybe shinier and the game world bigger, it now intensifies it's mis-steps and clunkiness to greater proportions for us all to see.

I don't want to drag the thread down with my distaste for the game so I'll not post in here anymore but it's had its chance in my house and I have other things to do.  Enjoy.
  • It is fair criticism and something comes with repeated sequals.
    Personally I didn't play AO and the Challenge rooms aren't my thing as I am in the series mainly for the story and being the Bat rather than a techy challenge like Bayonetta.
    It is a difficult thing making a third title (fourth released). I think Rocksteady's attempt to mix it up was the Batmobile which is clearly not as popular as they would have hoped.
  • @uncle
    I'd agree with that too. 
    If anything the addition of more enemy types and more goons in the room have actually made the combat worse or shown it up. Bats is constantly jumping over the wrong guy or not attacking the guy I'm pointing the stick at or firing the quick batclaw off at right angles from the direction im actually aiming!
    Bit of a shame really.
  • Agreed with the above. They hit their sweet spots for the combat mechanics in AA/AC but the extra enemy types just seem to bog it down and make it less responsive. I've given up on the amount of times my inputs are ignored or misinterpreted.
  • I loved the fights where it was like 30 regular goons I could go to town on. Happy times. Instead there would be 12 guys, all with a different speciality like a shield or electric or a sword or whatever. Doesn't make you feel very Batman, would be my complaint.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I loved the fights where it was like 30 regular goons I could go to town on. Happy times. Instead there would be 12 guys, all with a different speciality like a shield or electric or a sword or whatever. Doesn't make you feel very Batman, would be my complaint.

Er, unless you just kick there assess in a really awesome way. Everyone's got a counter (much like AC) - just use those.  You know you can knock out many of the nasty things before you jump in (only just realised that guns can be double zapped to explode->takedown)?

From reading the above can only assume that you lot are just a bit shit really - not having any of the problems you mention. Not at all. Either that, or I really am Batman. Actually, yeah that's probably it. 

@uncle: totally wrong about Origins - combat was just plain broken in that horrible mess of a game. Not in the same league as RS's stuff. Felt like they knocked it up over a weekend.

Sorry to hear you're all having problems with it though - absolutely love it personally (yes, even the BM). Maybe wouldn't put it at the top of the 3, but comfortably sits up near them though. Great finale.
  • @JRPC - I think the issue is that the controls actually feel a bit clunky, and taking out all those guys using the various gadgets becomes more troublesome and not very free flowing. I rarely actually died.
  • I feel sorry for the guy at GCPD who keeps having to repair the bit of arnco barrier on the corner that i smash every time i drive through the tunnel.
  • And that's me done. 
    Just the riddler trophies left and i can't be arsed to do them. 
    Good game, not great, too many little niggly issues for me. 
    Id argue that AA and AC where better but then AA might not have stood the test of time well so I'll leave that one as a memory.
  • Get the remasters!
  • If they're reasonably priced I probably will! I only played through AA once so would be interesting to see if it holds up.
  • Completed this today. Loved the final bit of gameplay. Have done all but the Riddler trophies so haven't yet got the overall ending.

equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The last lap of the last Riddler 'race' has me pulling my hair out. The bit where you drive up the wall and back down the other side of the water but with 2 well placed walls can go fuck itself...
  • Ha, that part wasnt too bad, its the last wall with the pounding walls that drove me mad. 3x times I just managed to time it so you can turbo through without altering course but then when I needed to do it, I fell apart and just couldnt get it right. I wasted 3-5 wining runs on that wall.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I did it on my second attempt, now I am completely baffled on the Catwoman puzzle, the one where the fence comes up and you move blocks on the floor with you electric gun thing, I'm guessing I have to get square where the laser shines down empty but I just don't know how to do it?
  • Use the guns ability to reverse a charge as well.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Its one of the easiest puzzles in the end. I kept waiting for the hammer to drop but there is no hammer.
  • I managed to break the game just now whilst Riddler hunting in Panessa Studios. In Studio B, I just removed a wall to get to a trophy and needed my grapple to get up, it stopped working, RB would do rock all. No matter where I went, grapple just wouldn't work. So I went to exit the studio, soon as I opened the door the game whips me back into the studio, puts me up high in a first person camera, the grapple prompt is now visible but still borked. I press B and then it zooms me back to Bats as he is exiting the studio again.

Queer, but then for all its production values, I'm finding this to be the clunkiest Batters I remember, more than I recall AA and AC being. The combat, the car, just trying to line up the solution to a visual riddle and getting the game to recognise it despite it being clearly visible on screen, it's a slogfest. For me, this is a game that flatters to deceive, give it a day to a week, maybe blast through the main game, it's gravy; but spend extended time with it, the creakiness comes through more so. Great if you love this game, but it grates if you don't.
  • August dlc:

89 Batman (ie the Batman) AND BATMOBILE plus 2 Batman Returns-themed race tracks.

1989-Batmobile-with-Batman-Skin-720x405.jpg

Plus these...

Bat-Family-Skin-Pack-720x405.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!