Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • Oh yeah. Haven't done that.

Actually got loads of dlc to get through too. Got the red hood mission and now the 89 bats stuff has just arrived.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • JRPC wrote:
    Apart from the 3 in the movie studio (which I thought were mostly ace) the rest are all batmobile based. Realy liked them too mind, but yeah it generally doesn't do bosses like the other two.

I still think the Batmobile has been implemented wonderfully, but against stiff competition this may be my third favourite Rocksteady effort (I'd rate the series at [9], [8], [8] as it stands).  I enjoyed the Zelda-esque gadget progression in Arkham Asylum - the remote control Batarang featuring heavily iirc - in this one I've got stuff in my utility belt I've only used once in 12hrs or so.  However contrived it is to be powered down and weedified between titles, I think I prefer it the old fashioned way.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:

I still think the Batmobile has been implemented wonderfully, but against stiff competition this may be my third favourite Rockesteady effort (I'd rate the series at [9], [8], [8] as it stands).  I enjoyed the Zelda-esque gadget progression in Arkham Asylum - the remote control Batarang featuring heavily iirc - in this one I've got stuff in my utility belt I've only used once in 12hrs or so.  However contrived it is to be powered down and weedified between titles, I think I prefer it the old fashioned way.

This comes third fire me too, but if go 10, 10, 9.

It's still brilliant, but somehow slightly less than the sum of is parts.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I need to get back on this. My provisional series scores of 10, 9, 8 seems legit though. Diminishing returns?
  • Possibly.  If the games were Batman movies, which would be which?  I'm going AA=Burton '89, AC=The Dark Knight, AO=Forever, AK=TDKR. 

I thought the above exercise would be more fun before I started it.
  • 89% through now. 
    Spoiler:
  • Hadn't checked the spoils of my season pass in a good while so popped in for a look.

Lots of goodies in there, with plenty more to come by the looks of it. 

I've never understood how people can spend hours in a game's photo mode taking pictures of stupid game stuff. Until that is, my 89 Batmobile arrived... 

12115621_10206752012895491_2398859770300067255_n.jpg?oh=4ac7e47d9a3e764b676aaffafdba6eca&oe=56CB48F8
    12115621_10206752012175473_5234369672897997230_n.jpg?oh=26e1f08842c179fa80277b95536b8f05&oe=56C60140
    12143358_10206752012855490_8784278811257814159_n.jpg?oh=185c948cf8be6d10e299da39fef1319b&oe=56C9AF9F1623685_10206752012215474_5537728767720409997_n.jpg?oh=8fe00c5be74ad22443b49d094c6f7c5a&oe=56C5C8C2
  • I played through the whole (main) game and I've got no idea what part of the map the third pic is from.
  • Racetrack DLC innit.
    1st pic looks very Returnsy.
  • They all come with themed tracks.

That's the 60's one.

12189666_10206752012935492_9104897908989300980_n.jpg?oh=074447170fb11f3c9f11675f24cced38&oe=56C6504C
  • Just picked where i left off on AK last night, only 28% through. It definitely doesn't have that something special that AA had. I am wondering whether whoever takes the license on now that Rocksteady are done, will have the balls to try something different.

I'd like to see a Bats game with only one villian, no sub-villians or cameos. Just a very strong storyline. Also in the comics Batman is known as the world's greatest detective, no film or game have ever really explored this aspect to the fullest. In the movies this won't happen anytime soon with the start of the Justice League etc.
  • I'm about half way through I think. Less than that in % but some stuff I'm just not going to bother with. It's a better game than I initially gave it credit for. I've had a period of a couple of hours where it was nothing but tank, and it seemed all the classic arkham stuff was just not there to the same extent. But there's plenty of predator stuff when it opens up and you can avoid the Batmobile nonsense to a large extent.

So badly structured though, way too much focus put on tank battles, way too soon into the game, and I'm sure it will funnel me back down that path for the end game.
  • How long is this game? Just hit 50% and i've been playing all weekend. ALOT of content.
  • Nah, lots of it are the side missions probably.

What bit you up to? I'll give you an idea how much is left.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I am wondering whether whoever takes the license on now that Rocksteady are done, will have the balls to try something different.  
    Just wondering if this so,etching that has been announced or are you reading between the lines?  Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if rocksteady wanted to move on, but they clearly like the cashola and are able to produce classy games so it's hard to see them giving up a stab at the franchise.

Franchise is really hard to type on an iPad when it's vertical. Better have another whisky.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • I reckon the main game is 12-13hrs long.  Probably spent 15hrs on it but did very little of the optional stuff.  I enjoyed it, but now the dust has settled it's probably my least favourite of the three Rockstar efforts.  Great trilogy though, heads can be held high.
  • Steam giving full refunds on AK
    Anyone can get a full refund on Batman Arkham Knight if bought through Steam regardless of playtime. If you refund the game you can also refund the season pass too but not separately.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Only cost me 12€ or so via cdkeys so I won't bother. It'd just be a pain in the arse to do.
  • Yeah same but useful for anyone who got mugged off by the £45 steam price.
  • I've put some time in. Love the detail everywhere and the crunching SFX. Flying is still really fun. The story is an absolute mess and there is no doubt too much tank, but I love rainy Gotham, and I never never let the Riddler beat me in Arkham games so I guess I'm in for the whole shebang.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Only cost me 12€ or so via cdkeys so I won't bother. It'd just be a pain in the arse to do.

You can't do it unless you actually bought it through steam. Cdkeys comes up as "retail".

Not that I was looking for a refund for this or anything.
  • Billy wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I am wondering whether whoever takes the license on now that Rocksteady are done, will have the balls to try something different.  
    Just wondering if this so,etching that has been announced or are you reading between the lines?  Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if rocksteady wanted to move on, but they clearly like the cashola and are able to produce classy games so it's hard to see them giving up a stab at the franchise. Franchise is really hard to type on an iPad when it's vertical. Better have another whisky.
    I don't have a source but I'm 100% sure RS said this was their last.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Probably going back to WB Montreal then, who did the SP of Origins, that'd be my guess.  With RS doing some other DC stuff perhaps justice league.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • RS have definitely confirmed that's the end of arkham for them.

It's possible they could move on to something related like Justice League, but from the interviews they sound pretty done with this stuff.

Given their success, I'm sure they could pick any franchise they wanted at this point. Maybe a new ip, but I doubt it.

No interest in anything from Montreal. Origins was poor, and the Batgirl dlc they did for Knight was unplayable. I'm done with arkham now, until the inevitable remasters.
  • I guess the chances of them doing that Ninja Turtles game are remote now, but I'd love to play it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I guess the chances of them doing that Ninja Turtles game are remote now, but I'd love to play it.

They've denied it.

Not sure where that rumour came from, but batman to turtles would be a pretty major step down.

• In terms of franchise draw, yeah for sure, but as far as what I'd like to play if they made a good one goes...bring on the toitles.
  • Mate of a mate works at Rocksteady and I'm sure I remember him saying they wanted to do their own IP.

The idea was to get AK on to next gen only so they could get a release of that type done before going it alone. The trade off for AK being next gen only was that they worked with the guys who made Origins so WB could have their third 360 gen release.
  • Origins was definitely the weakest of the series, the only batman i didn't bother finishing, so flat and dull.
  • Traded in AK today. I just had no interest in going back to it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!