Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I hate the driving in this so 2 race tracks is shite for me.

As for borks I had one yesterday, I was getting the trophy outside of where Riddler was holding Catwoman and once I had the trophy at the bottom of the puzzle I couldn't grab it? I jumped into the tray and had the Batmobile release its winch. I shot up to the top of the puzzle and the trophy was now visible on the grass behind it but it wouldn't let me pick it up no matter what I did.
  • Yeh, race tracks really don't seem as attractive a proposition now.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I RB'd up to a ledge and batman catapulted himself backwards, body stuck in the grapple pose, but with no grapple until he flew the entire length of the map and hit the sky box. He then proceeded to slowly slide down the sky box until he hit the water and broke the glitch. 

I've also had a crash where he went to pick up a guards radio, to smash it, and just froze. Had to go to dashboard. 

I was going to records some of them but then i remembered how boring glitch videos are, so i didn't. 

Just a couple of many little glitches on my playthrough.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I've had system lock ups where I've had to go to dash but no glitches.

I'm hype for the dlc.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah, it's far glitchier that the first too (but nowhere near AO levels!) but then it's a far, far more complex beast than any of them.

My NG+ has crashed. He's loading into an invisible-walled area of about 3m square and there's nothing to be done. Going to have to abandon the playthrough by the looks of it.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Was trying to upload a 130 combo but did the wrong one.

Awesome little random encounter though.

Love this game.

• Finished the main story tonight, just after I'd mopped up all side missions bar the Riddler trophies. The end section was good, I enjoyed the story as a whole and whatisface's interjections along the way. I will must likely mop up all the trophies and get the complete ending, then I'm not sure what there is to return for, no challenge rooms and I don't think I need NG+ in my life.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • It's all a power fantasy really, so second play through just ups all that since you've unlocked all the gadgets and are generally a better batman. Have been enjoying zapping tank turrets then just strolling up to get noticed, freezing whole groups with the fireman bits and then casually smacking them down etc etc. I guess being an old comic nerd has helped my enjoyment of it no doubt. I'll happily do another run for the 89 suit alone.

What aren't the AR rooms not challenge maps? More are coming, no doubt.
  • I'm 32% through the story, no major problems so far, enjoying all the combat (inc. tank battles).  Asylum will always be my favourite, but the direction the series has taken has been well handled, even if it's veering away from the streamlined, linear experiences I crave.  If I had a complaint it would be that there's a touch of 'last dungeon in Zelda' about the whole thing (an over-used analogy from me), where you feel like Don of the G's immediately, but I preferred it when you were drip-fed all gadgets and gradually became badass, rather than going from badass to even moar badass.  I've only used the remote controlled Batarang once so far, and it almost felt like a concession shoehorned in for fans.  Perhaps it's a touch heavy on the Batmobile at the expense of the rest of the box of tricks, but as previously mentioned, I think the car is great, so it's a minor quibble.
  • Pfft, 32%. Come back at 64% and see how you feel then.
  • I'm greatly looking forward to the stealthtank bit everyone is raving about.
  • Bits... I've said too much.
  • If you don't want the main game to sag, I'd definitely only dip into the side missions. I wish I had done that in hindsight.
  • I've landed on the flying thing and completed a Riddler race - which means I've already done more optional stuff than I did in Assassin's Creed 2 or RDR.
  • Yeah you can easily balance your experience by cherry picking the side quests.
    Feeling too much batmobile, do some on foot side quest bits.

I think the story may be quite tough if you didn't do at least 30% side quests. I felt like I needed them upgrades.
  • Finished the main story line last night and I'm now mopping up the side quests before I'm done with this. I get why some may not like this game, but I think it's been pretty awesome. I rarely go back to mop stuff up, but I'm happy to here. Like the other games in the series before this one, I won't be bothering with the Riddler trophies. Too much of a commitment.
  • GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Feared as much after playing the Harley stuff. If anything I would say EG gave the Harley stuff too much credit in the above link. 
    Being PC I will have to wait anyway but I think I will wait and see which DLC, if any, is worth getting once released.
  • "the only time she's been playable in the Arkham series thus far"
    Why do I remember using her to climb on ceilings to get things Bats couldn't in City? Am I going mad?
  • Yikes - the Batgirl dlc is proper rancid. Nowhere near RS quality and sticks out from the rest of AK like a sore thumb.

Don't buy it.
  • Working my way through the Riddler collectables . everything else done . had enough tbh
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I posted this is in the Currently Playing thread last night:
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Batman: AK Control Batman as he walks five paces. Button prompt to watch animation of Batman doing something that could easily be a minigame, but isn't. Decipher what it is you're supposed to do next. Control Batman in a very small area looking for interactivity. Work out what you're actually meant to do next. Control Batman for two seconds before you trigger a Stilted. Dialogue. Cutscene. Press the square button a dozen times. Watch slo-mo shot of last enemy somersaulting backwards after minor scuff from Batman's forearm. Trigger another Stilted. Dialogue. Cutscene. Control Batman in another extremely confined area. Work out for the nth time how to remote control the Batmobile. Bounce the Batmobile off of every wall until it's in place to trigger yet another Stilted. Dialogue. Cutscene. Jesus wept. I'm about 10% in and so far about 1% of that has been controlling Batman in a reasonable sized environment with some degree of choice over what I do next. The rest of the time it's a poorly signposted snore-fest of predetermined 'solutions'. Credit where it's due, this game is one of very few to deliver what feels to me like a solid game world with consistent, believable physics (apart from the occasional OTT reaction animation to the final KO of a fight) and golly-gosh it's almost unbelievably good-looking, but fuck me if they haven't fucked it up with a stuttering, obfuscated gameplay experience. If things don't improve quick-smart, it's trade-in time for Bats.

Playing some more tonight, I'll add my grievance with the massive loading time any time you get beaten in a fight. I'd also rather look at something else than the story-recaps time and time again.

I've also worked out what's wrong with the fighting.  It's like Batman's fist is some hellish splicing of Thor's hammer and the golden snitch. I don't feel like I'm watching a fight, I feel like I'm watching Batman's fist ricochet comically around some bad guys until everyone is on the floor.
  • The load times aren't great, agreed.  I'm not particularly good at it so a couple of sections have been reloaded a few times, it does take a while.

Didn't the earlier games have more boss fights?  Nothing memorable in this so far on the boss front.
    Spoiler:
  • So I completed this the other day. Like man have said here its good, but not great.

The man is pretty big but because of this they seemed to have missed out lots of the in-building situations, puzzles, and awesomeness of the first two which would be my biggest gripe. Almost nothing no buildings to explore (or even the subways...) other than some fights. Nothing coming close to Jokers factory or Penguins nightclub from AC. As mentioned it doesn't have the plethora of character battles in this, two-face and penguins campaigns were little more than side missions really. I understand they have mostly all been used already but if they were going to re-use some anyway, may as well make them memorable. I do like the combat still, but yes there are maybe too many types rolling around at times making it confusing and getting hit by a running thug from off screen. The Batmobile sounded awesome and looks cool! bit overused in a lot of missions but I do find it fun driving around electrifying people with it. The reveal was signposted and a bit meh, maybe I wasnt too attached to the story.

Basically bought a PS4 for this so was hoping for a bit more, but yeah, its good not great.

Just about to see the full ending on youtube!
  • I'm a mega slowpoke and just started with Arkham Origins, despite all the mean things people have said about it. 

My number one criticism of the Arkham games (which I assume applies to Knight as well) is that the combat is just a bit... meh. First time round, it felt like a nice change to the template 3rd person brawler but I think saturation point was midway through Arkham City. So now I'm trying to avoid any fights that I can and go full stealth at all times. Skipping any fights I get into accidentally around the city from now on. Pressing [] [] [] then X a few times to win doesn't fill me with any satisfaction. 

Agree 100% with what people have said about how scaling back to Asylum may benefit AK, because the same applies to AO. Less is more.
  • Didn't the earlier games in this series have more bosses?  I'm 79% through the main story on this, and I'll probably do the Two Face/Penguin bits before I sell it, but I'm struggling to remember any proper on-foot bosses other than the big guy on the Wild West movie plot.  Mr. Freeze was a great boss in Arkham City, and I'm sure there were loads more in AA.  Are bosses a sidequest thing in this, or have they just not bothered making the villains guardians to each section?  It's a shame, I love a good boss fight.
  • Apart from the 3 in the movie studio (which I thought were mostly ace) the rest are all batmobile based.

Realy liked them too mind, but yeah it generally doesn't do bosses like the other two.
  • There is another on foot boss.
    Heavy, very late spoiler
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!