Hey Bats, go easy on him hmmm? For me?
  • Yeh, i was a bit the same by the end.
    I very rarely don't complete a game nowadays as it seems like a waste to me, but I was just going through the motions with this one.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Got this in the Game DOTW for 25 banger. Only played a bit of Asylum, didn't go nuts for it.

But I'm enjoying this. The mobile is the tits. Although, the controls on the whole aren't what I'd call intuitive. Need some claws to make sense of it.
  • I like how this game fucks with you. First time I met the winged creature I just about shat myself.

Combat is stepping up now, and I can't quite keep it fluid. That's two respawns now against big groups trying to get the emergency crew folk.
  • Yeah, the hand-placed/designed encounters are kind of at odds with the open-city thing - I was blocked trying to rescue some emergency folk because as soon as it let me loose in the city I went looking for them, but was too low-level to tackle the tougher enemies mixed in. 
    If you follow roughly the critical path of the main mission locations the difficulty curve is more even. If you really wander around the way an open-world sandbox encourages, you end up biting off more than you can chew.
  • Hmmm... Now you say it...

I'll come back to it. You're right, this "open world" makes me want to go about and see what I can find, but it doesn't give me that feeling that makes certain areas of the map memorable (maybe that'll come with time), so I just float around for ages before thinking right I suppose I'd better follow that waypoint now. I've to go meet the riddler for the second time now..
  • I've got to stealth kill tanks now? For god's sake.
  • Yeah, I'm finding how the game just keeps on adding more and more and more things to remember actually a bit annoying. The first few hours were excellent, now I forget half the shit I can actually do in combat.
  • Like the disruptor, which would have saved me half an hour if I'd have remembered it yesterday.

Crazy amount of mechanics to remember.
  • I've got to stealth kill tanks now? For god's sake.

I loved those sections! Didn't play them stealth though - tearing around the area with an eye on the map trying to get up behind one for a quick kill.

Just finished my 3rd play through and enjoyed it even more this time. Masterpiece, I reckon.

The dlc missions are pretty shite though, which is a real shame.

Now enjoying pottering about in my 89 batmobile mopping up all the Riddler stuff.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yea, I didn't hate it, it was just weird ha.

Overall I'm definitely enjoying it. Riddler stuff seems harder this time around, I managed to get them all (except 1) without a guide in City, not sure if I'll be able to pull that off in this.
  • Final Arkham Insider, for the final dlc: the season of infamy (ie the big one).

Not watched most of it as avoiding spoilers, but was directed to 8:20 which is an fun little tease.

Spoiler:
  • Yeah I'd play em both again. Curious to see how the price shakes out though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Return to Arkham confirmed for the 29th of July for £40.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-18-finally-the-batman-return-to-arkham-collection-is-official

In other news I spent ages on Arkham Knight and utterly destroyed Webbo's high score.
  • who checks the spelling over at eurogamer?

"As previously reported, Batman: Arkham Oranges, which was not developed by franchise founder Rocksteady, has been omitted."

i would play the shit out of an Arkham oranges game
  • Bit fruity for me
  • Yossarian wrote:
    utterly destroyed Webbo's high score.

I'm going to have to boot the accursed game up just to see which high score it is you keep carping on about.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I suppose this pisses on the chances of the previous two Arkham games going BC.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    utterly destroyed Webbo's high score.

I'm going to have to boot the accursed game up just to see which high score it is you keep carping on about.

The overall one.
  • Pfft, you're welcome to it.  Right load of shite.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But yes, tempted by this return to Arkham pack. For my money, Knight doesn't hit the heights of City, especially in the combat. And, speaking of combat, I never really got to grips with it in Asylum, so would be up for giving that another crack now I know what I'm doing with it.

I'll certainly be waiting to pick it up in a sale, mind.
  • Combat was at its best for me in Asylum, stripped back and tight.  City, it started to bloat a little but was still great until it ultimately sagged like a wet fart in Knight.
  • Smang wrote:
    who checks the spelling over at eurogamer? "As previously reported, Batman: Arkham Oranges, which was not developed by franchise founder Rocksteady, has been omitted." i would play the shit out of an Arkham oranges game
    IIRC that's a Eurogamer in-joke.
  • Still loving Arkham Knight - it's just great fun to be Batman and the rogues gallery is fantastic. Solved the serial killer missions last night and could scarcely believe I was kicking seven bells out of Professor Pyg and his marionettes.

Great stuff. Is the DLC worth a punt?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Batgirl? Woman? mission was the only single-player addition that took me more than about 20 minutes to play through. Well, that and the Catwoman one, but only because of a punishingly difficult final battle, not because there was a lot to it.
  • Whoa, I didn't know or had completely forgotten that first two games remasters were a thing. I think they only recently got released? Haven't played City yet so I'm gonna pick it (Return to Arkham) up on Bone. Loved Asylum.

Apparently all redone with UE4.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That eurogamer piece on origins makes me want to give it another shot. Suspect it may be better than knight
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just had a quick go on Arkham on the PC. Ramped up the Rez to 1440p maxxed textures and detail. Added some nvidia shinies with nice rain, paper flying around the streets and improved lighting and it still runs like a dream at 60fps. Have to say the detail is amazing. Possibly one of the best graphical games I've ever played.
  • Remaster has been getting a bit of a kicking for being a lacklustre update. Certainly nothing comparable to what Bluepoint did with the Uncharted games. Shame it's not 60fps, but I think it looks reasonable. 

No way I'm missing out on playing the full trilogy back to back on PS4.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!