Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Prologue spoiler:
    Spoiler:

• This is VERY Song of Ice and Fire at the moment! But that’s not a complaint. 

I went with Performance. Might switch to Graphics when I play again and see how it fares.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The Eikonic Challenge was a bit spoilery (a title card bluntly tells you what happens over the next bit after the intro) but fun. Changed to Graphics and surprisingly wasn’t bothered about the decreased framerate. Still quite linear?

Overall, was barely arsed to pre-order the game before this and am very hyped for it now.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • This is brilliant, isn’t it? I’m not doing Eikonic Challenge either. 

I have week commencing 26th July off so will try and rinse as much of the game that week as I can, I’m between other stuff I have going on.

Excite! Come, Anima Ifrit!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    This is brilliant, isn’t it?

It really is.

Only downside for me is the framerate stability in performance mode - combat seems fine for the most part but it's weirdly unstable when moving around environments. I'm hoping that's just an issue with this being a demo build and that it's a bit better on launch.

Game also needs an option to switch off that motion blur when using the camera.
  • Prologue spoiler:
    Spoiler:

No idea, tbh
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    This is brilliant, isn’t it?

It really is.

Only downside for me is the framerate stability in performance mode - combat seems fine for the most part but it's weirdly unstable when moving around environments. I'm hoping that's just an issue with this being a demo build and that it's a bit better on launch.

Game also needs an option to switch off that motion blur when using the camera.

I looked for the motion blur setting after a minute playing but no. My TV was obviously lying to me as it said frame rate in Graphics mode was 60. That performance mode doesn’t look good looking at this video…

• Yeah, deffo wasn't a stable 60...until combat where it's weirdly rock solid?

That's why I'll stick with performance for now - for moving around Quality is probably the better option, but for combat I don't wanna dodge and slash at 30.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sounds like it appropriately culls detail to maintain 60fps in combat but not outside it for some reason. Odd.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Was going to try the demo but if cinty likes it then there's no point bothering with it and I'll just get the game next week instead.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Was going to try the demo but if cinty likes it then there's no point bothering with it and I'll just get the game next week instead.

I mean...it ain't cheap. Might wanna have a look just to check, don't wanna put you out of pocket.
  • Don't know when I'll get a chance to play this. I've only just got Zelda, so that'll take up July. Next opportunity for something so large is probably December.
  • Vela wrote:
    Was going to try the demo but if cinty likes it then there's no point bothering with it and I'll just get the game next week instead.

I mean...it ain't cheap. Might wanna have a look just to check, don't wanna put you out of pocket.

Yeah I know you're right. It's apparently got Platinum involved in the combats too

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Yeah I know you're right. It's apparently got Platinum involved in the combats too

Orly?!  Where'd you hear that?  Platinum the GoaT for this sort of combat.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Orly?!  Where'd you hear that?  Platinum the GoaT for this sort of combat.

They confirmed it at the pre-launch event a day or so ago. Some Nier: Automata and Bayo peeps, apparently.
  • Noiiicceee yeah the combat feels good! Dodge, parry, combos, specials, love it. 

Also like the stagger mechanic. Reminds me of FFXIII which while the story, characters and general gameplay and traversal etc were a bit shite, had a great fight system imho
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I preordered this this morning. Didn’t bother with the demo, and the hype isn’t there, but it just wouldn’t feel right to not be in on day one of a numbered Final Fantasy.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The hype will be there when you play it. I had to sit up straight for some battles, and even stood up during one cutscene. I was well into it
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    I preordered this this morning. Didn’t bother with the demo, and the hype isn’t there, but it just wouldn’t feel right to not be in on day one of a numbered Final Fantasy.

This is how I felt. Playing the demo buys you a first class ticket to the hype train.
  • Good with headphones on too.
  • I played the demo thru again and played the bit after the demo too.
    I'm so hyped for this, the combat is so great when you can mix up ability and styles etc.
    Love it, can't wait.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Okay I'll play this now am I right in that playing such games means I don't have to shower for a week
  • Okay I'll play this now am I right in that playing such games means I don't have to shower for a week
    In this heat I'm at least 2 showers a day!
  • Okay I'll play this now am I right in that playing such games means I don't have to shower for a week

No, you're thinking of people who 'play' glorified spreadsheets about managing football teams.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bit rude to Dante mate
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also this feels like it will play well but fucking fuck me if it isn't a load of typical fantasy drivel (yes I know it has it in the title).

Spectacle is great, combat seems lovely. Plot is akin to smashing my cock off with a hammer.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Once it's down to 20/30 I'll probably jump in.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Prologue spoiler:
    Spoiler:

No idea, tbh
    Spoiler:

General pondering within:
    Spoiler:
  • Prologue spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    No idea, tbh
    Spoiler:
    General pondering within:
    Spoiler:

Responding to pondering:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!