PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    In hindsight, they arguably also should've downscaled and supported the Saturn for the whole of its generation and left the dc to cook that little bit longer. Consumer trust is a fickle thing and betraying gamers twice in a row was commercial suicide in hindsight. The Dreamcast was basically DoA.
    I think this gets overlooked, think of the Wii U situation. It was dire but Nintendo did well to see it through to the bitter end.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they'd kept the Saturn on life support, would that have been more or less damaging to their image, if not their bottom line? And you have to remember that the Dreamcast initially sold very well - it just couldn't maintain the momentum in the face of the PlayStation juggernaut.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I guess behind the scenes Nintendo would have known the Switch specs were similar enough that they could port everything over from the Wii U to the Switch later anyway. I don't think there's much first-party stuff from the Switch that you could consider a wasted investment.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just had a go with Prize Fighter for the Mega CD. Actually seems quite good for what it is (FMV based take on Punch-Out) but I got the shit beaten out of me on the first fight.
  • Sega Lord X actually did a Mega CD recommendations video recently:

https://youtu.be/F4FDjtLgn2w
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Ooh thanks for that, will have to check some of those out.
  • davyK wrote:
    Pacman Museum missing certain games. CE is superb but CE Dx+ really should be there too as it has a lot more content and depth. Pacman Vs missing too (though that would require two Switches).

Nice to see Battle Royale and Arrangement get an airing though.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Oh man, Vs would have been immense. I had that at uni, and even people who didn't like video games enjoyed that.
    davyK wrote:
    Not sure why switch hasnt got it as a bonus game or for subbers. A superb game. Wii U got a version of it in nintendoland. It was a freebie on gamecube.
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    I guess it's the same problem it's always had - you need a lot of hardware to do it properly. If you wanted to play it on Switch like the original, you'd need two Switches, a TV, and three controllers. That's a big ask for a lot of people, especially during the wallet-squeezing pandemic.

You could play it online, but that'd lack the same-room excitement. Playing with randoms would be awful: everyone would just want to be Pacman and quit out when it was their turn to be a ghost.

Pac-Man VS. is on Switch, its part of Namco Museum as a bonus with CE2.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, I was looking for the upcoming Pac-Man Museum+, and there it was. I guess you still can't do one person on the "GameBoy" as Pac-Man, and everyone else on the TV, though.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yeah, not sure how it works tbh. Youtube is probably the best way to find out.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I can't imagine Pacman Vs working without a second Switch.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Wondered if I was stressing out too much about pre-ordering a black Evercade but they're down to 10% now and about to sell out so probably best I got it in in the end.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I'm really split about the EXP. It looks like a great unit, but I've not had my OG that long.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think I would probably feel the same if I had an original one. I don't think they have any immediate plans to make carts the original can't support and they might have even made another model by the time they get around to that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    That's true. I hope my OG can play all the carts; while a New 3DS-style selection of EXP-only games probably would push me over the purchasing edge, I wouldn't be happy about it. 

What I'm wondering now is if we'll see a VS2. What would it add, though? Analogue pads? Could probably do those separately.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Agent 64, the answer to “What if GoldenEye had a Forge mode?”.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Original Goldeneye was a beast of a cart 98Mbits.  12MB.

RE2 was bigger of course - 512Mbits - 10% of the size of the PS1 game. :)   I remember the RE2 cart physically feeling heavier than the others I owned.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    It is phenomenal they got RE2 on the N64.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Was pretty good from what I remember. Didn't play a lot of it though as it wasn't my thing. It supported the RAM expansion too for slightly nicer graphics.
  • I remember being hugely jealous of the PS1 original as a Saturn owner. Felt like ages for the port to arrive, which I rented and....kinda liked, but only bothered to finish with one character. I've had mixed feelings on the series since. No.2 was the highlight, I had a Playstation by the time that came out. 4 is the one I wish I'd stuck with so the upcoming remake appeals.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    RE is pretty overrated in my book. I used to have the entire Gamecube collection (no idea why). RE4 was sort of nice but I couldn't be arsed with all the ammo wrangling.

I gave the entire GC Gamecube collection (0,1,2,3,Code Veronica,4) to a nephew (loves RE), with Eternal Darkness, for Christmas one year. I have RE4:Wii but haven't played it yet!!!
  • RE4 is an all timer for me, but similarly to you guys I think, the originals were a case of preferring the concept rather than the execution. I loved zombie and horror stuff, so the premise was great, but the fixed angles and survival as opposed to action nature didn't do it for me. 4 came along and it was balls to the wall compared.

These days tho, I do quite like some of the survival stuff, and I picked up 7 after loving 8 last year. Played the first part of 7, enjoyed, but got distracted. Will restart at some point, probably later this year.
  • I even have some artwork of Resi8 up on my wall.
  • Haha.

I'm considering picking up Village at some point, I reckon I'd enjoy a full ammo belt run on easy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's up to #8 now? Sheesh.

I prefer zombie killing to be more mindless. HoTD style. The Wii got 2 gun RE games and they were enjoyable (not that I played them as much as they should have been played which is the usual with me).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    7 is excellent, can recommend.
  • I haven't liked any game in the series since Zero. 4 and everything after are not for me.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    RE0 was top back on the 'cube, but I have no idea how it'd stand up today.
  • Apparently the current gen upgrades for the Resi 2 and 3 remasters are free, so I'll probably try no.3 on PS5 soon. Village can wait.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    RE0 was top back on the 'cube, but I have no idea how it'd stand up today.

Played it on PS4, I loved it but yeah it's old skool Resi.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The modern RE3 is really short, more of a glorified expansion pack for the redone RE2 than a full blown game. Still good mind, and definitely one for those who like doing their REs multiple times to get better grades/times.
  • Both remakes are glorious.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!