Strength [+2]
  • damn dude, thats some food intake and dedication to making it all. i don't take a pre workout shake. hmmm.. probably should do. also never used bcaa.

im not going for bulking up personally, just trying to eat healthy and cut body fat (especially around stomach).

im happy with my breakfast and lunch during the week. Breakfast at 5am is porridge with blueberries, honey and milled nuts mix. Also take a turmeric tablet, mega green tea tablet, cla tablet and wellmans general health tablet.
    When i get to work, 2 x tangerines, 1 x banana, 1 x set of mixed nuts and a coffee. This is around 7.30am. By 10am I'll go to canteen and have 2 x poached eggs on toast. Lunch is a salad. Post gym i have a protein shake around 2pm.

When i get home, I'll have a bowl of cereal, a few seseme rivita with quorn chicken slices and a cup of tea (this needs to improve to something energy boosting as im knackered most of the evening).

Dinner is normally either chicken, salmon, tuna, eggs or lentils depending on what we cook.

Vere you got an tips for food or a supplement to booost energy levels for the evening? no caffeine as i need to be asleep by 10pm.
  • damn page turn, was replying to vere
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    BEAST!!!

I’m always soooooo hungry!!

hylian_elf wrote:
    Do you still take Vitamin S?  :)

Also, Mrs?! Good stuff. I remember you broke up with someone a while ago and it wasn’t great, nice to hear about a Mrs Cocha!

Haha, not at the moment but I will do later in the year! Thanks dude, well remembered! Yes, married now with an awesome job, dog, home, etc, just waiting for it all to fall apart!!
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    damn dude, thats some food intake and dedication to making it all. i don't take a pre workout shake. hmmm.. probably should do. also never used bcaa.

im not going for bulking up personally, just trying to eat healthy and cut body fat (especially around stomach).

im happy with my breakfast and lunch during the week. Breakfast at 5am is porridge with blueberries, honey and milled nuts mix. Also take a turmeric tablet, mega green tea tablet, cla tablet and wellmans general health tablet.
    When i get to work, 2 x tangerines, 1 x banana, 1 x set of mixed nuts and a coffee. This is around 7.30am. By 10am I'll go to canteen and have 2 x poached eggs on toast. Lunch is a salad. Post gym i have a protein shake around 2pm.

When i get home, I'll have a bowl of cereal, a few seseme rivita with quorn chicken slices and a cup of tea (this needs to improve to something energy boosting as im knackered most of the evening).

Dinner is normally either chicken, salmon, tuna, eggs or lentils depending on what we cook.

Vere you got an tips for food or a supplement to booost energy levels for the evening? no caffeine as i need to be asleep by 10pm.

That’s good Dino but that’s almost a cutting diet in terms of paucity. Your muscles are being really worked, not just by the gym, you will be exhausted!

You need to add some rice, potentially pasta to early afternoon in order to get those levels up. I’d suggest getting rid of the cereal as yes it’ll be DELICIOUS but it’s really wasted calories. Chuck in some rice and tuna or something? Half a mic bag and a funny?

Having a pre workout in terms of food or shake is vital for me, even if after a time a pre-workout shake is very likely a placebo to a point. I’d throw in something like pancakes and a pre workout, myprotein mypre 2.0 is great as there’s no lasting effects just a quick buzz and fade. The BCAA’s are great for during your workout to keep you stocked up and repairing, stimulate protein synthesis, and might do so to a greater extent than a normal protein on its own. BCAAs also increase synthesis of the cellular machinery responsible for carrying out the process of protein synthesis. I mix it with dilute whatever’s in the house, hopefully like, then chuck in some pro:long stuff Myprotein’s intra-exercise endurance formula which combines carbohydrates, protein and electrolytes, BOOM, awesome in a big massive water tank to carry around. Both cheap too so £25 or so every 2 months and I certainly notice the difference, that’s training 6x in a week too so loadsa the stuff.

Don’t think of eating just to grow, it’ll improvise your metabolism and so your energy, carbs aren’t the enemy! Little and often! That’s why I chuck it in one big container, if I’m not too hungry just a pieve of meat and a little rice and veg, if I’m starving HOWEVER MUCH I WANT AND DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES LATER!
  • Married?! Recently? Thought you had gone quiet for a while! Many congrats!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Married?! Recently? Thought you had gone quiet for a while! Many congrats!

Why thank you dude! Probably more the job keeping me quieter, Prison Officer now which is the best thing ever but man it’s lots of hours and taxing. Also moved to the Isle of Man!
  • Hey vere, congratulations on getting married. Also thats a trip from isle of wight to isle of man. No more islands left unless you go to scotish isles now.

Thanks for advice, will look into it.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I'm not even going to get into the food debate as I am absolutely sick of the 'trends' changing all the time. Just eat healthy and eat lots. Nuff said.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Also moved to the Isle of Man!
    Entirely appropriate I'd have thought.

But vela old m8, are those Beats I see adorning your rippling cranium? It won't do, need to up your game there.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Also moved to the Isle of Man!
    Entirely appropriate I'd have thought.

But vela old m8, are those Beats I see adorning your rippling cranium? It won't do, need to up your game there.

Haha!

They are, but they’re exclusively for the gym and they get lots of knocking about so scared to spend good monies on some! They sit on charge in the car unless they’re on my sweaty cranium!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hmmm ok I'll let this pass.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Sure you're not just a little bit scared?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Of Beats? Very. Of Vere? Nah he's a pussycat.
  • Lads. Creatine. Talk to me. Is it really any good? If I'm training 3x per week will I see the effects of using creatine?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Some people do some people don’t. Try it out. It didn’t agree with my gut and I couldn't be bothered to down litres of water every time I took it so I gave it up. I’m not doing any worse at gym after giving up. 

There are other benefits apart from pushing harder in gym. It’s one of the few supps that have had a lot of extensive research that all suggests it can be helpful. But like I say, differs from person to person.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Lads. Creatine. Talk to me. Is it really any good? If I'm training 3x per week will I see the effects of using creatine?

Yes you will, will help with recovery and during your workouts. As hylian said see if it agrees with you. I find a coffee or an expresso shot before a workout gives me a boost. I take a protein shake and BCCA tablets for recovery.

Professional ootballers take it. Classic case is del piero who was given too much of the stuff, bulked up too much and lost his acceleration.

• Cheers fellas, will probably it a go!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Just be careful with monohydrate creatine. You should be drinking a couple of litres of water a day with it. If you never taken it before you will definitely notice it on your first tour. I take it with BCAA's and Amino Acids for endurance and recovery.
  • Yeah, either have tonnes of water or endure stomach cramps. I have creatine HCl in my pre, gives me no issues as it’s much more water soluble, but costs more. I might stop taking it once this tub is finished. Cost is an issue, plus hardly anyone does HCl type (I imported mine). Plus wanna cut down on amount of supps.

Only problem is I go gym after work twice a week and having caffeine for a pre instead will be an issue as I’m quite caffeine sensitive. 

FML
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I never did creatine but I'm thinking about it. I dehydrate like a mutha too
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Creatine micronised is a little easier on the soul. I can't hack the monohydrate. It destroys me.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Oh and I never did the loading phase after the first time, Christ it was horrific. I just take one serving per day.
  • God damn weather has scuppered my gym-going plans this weekend. Grrrr.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    God damn weather has scuppered my gym-going plans this weekend. Grrrr.

That sir, is an excuse. YOU scuppered going to the gym. I’m on ‘holiday’ in Plymouth and have been up at 06:00 Sat and Sun in an awesome Spit and sawdust gym SMASHING IT!
  • You got me. I could’ve gone but...

Lazy morning, then park, then gardens, then bike riding with kids, just finished some DIY, now gonna do some homework with the kids. Will do some pushups and pull-ups before dinner if I can, otherwise some more tidying up and possibly emptying out some memory cards ready for Boy’s birthday next weekend.
  • That’s better!! You had other things to do! And that sir, is fine! Gonna miss the gym down here, absolute sweat house with metal in!!!
  • Maybe I need to post here. Only training 2-3 times a week but seeing some benefit; and I want to keep those benefits going.

At what stage do I need to start looking at nutrition and adding that to my routine...?
  • Now. 

A good healthy and appropriate diet is essential at any stage of life.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Maybe I need to post here. Only training 2-3 times a week but seeing some benefit; and I want to keep those benefits going.

At what stage do I need to start looking at nutrition and adding that to my routine...?

It all adds up, the nutrition I would say would is a good 60% of the overall need. But keep it extremely simple.

Supplements are great but they’re a ‘supplement’ to a healthy diet. With each one you’ll add less and less to a model of success.

For now I’d keep it all simple foods. Aim at adding a model of little and often, think of having 6 little meals a day to focus on building an awesome metabolism, will gladly build one for you.

It always sounds like a lot of work but it’s so simple and it all just gets you feeling better and better!!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Faaaaairly sure the metabolism thing was debunked and it's a hit your daily macros kinda deal with maybe some thought to timing (prove me wrong Vere), but if you're eating lots it's easier to do more meals. If you eat like Vere anyway. If you eat like me, 2 is plenty. Elm, we know nuff'm
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Haven't wheeled this out for a while but search the webz for Simple Science Fitness Elm, note the macro calculator in particular

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!