Racist
  • Great twitter thread on the issues and history..

https://twitter.com/BenjaminMillar/status/1279325774131036167?s=19
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/7/7/21293259/police-racism-violence-ideology-george-floyd

A deep dive into internal (US) police culture and it's as bad as we theorised it to be and more. It's not a few bad apples, the whole system is rotten to the core.
    It needs a serious rethink and restructuring. Above all it needs a new 'culture'.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I always found the “few bad apples” metaphor really laughable in this context. As the guy points out the whole point of that proverb is to illustrate the whole fucking lot gets rot.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I really hope Americans see through this stupid Trump tactic, and avoid voting for Kanye.

I'd rather see people abstain than split the vote on this shit.

Kanye championing anti-abortion and anti-vaccination?
    It's clear where this plan has come from, and what the intention is.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Well if that's his policy platform then he will be taking votes away from Trump more than Biden surely?
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeezy is a talented musician but other than that he's just another narcissist entering the political arena of tv cult personalities. A Republican candidate that fits the bill despite the skin tone. He'll have to convince all those rich republican white people and the tea party first though.

Good luck with that Kanye!
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Well if that's his policy platform then he will be taking votes away from Trump more than Biden surely?

Not quite, imo. 

My suspicion is some that muppet in the Trump campaign team is looking for a patsy to help dissolve the vote of young voters and black voters (and the obvious intersection).

Kanye is perfect, as he has the right profile, and he needs the money.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    running for office is incredibly expensive.  Who is going to donate to Kanye?  Is Kanye even relevant for young black voters? I would hope they would see his candidacy for what it is, unsubstantial and irrelevant.
  • Well if that's his policy platform then he will be taking votes away from Trump more than Biden surely?
    Not quite, imo.  My suspicion is some that muppet in the Trump campaign team is looking for a patsy to help dissolve the vote of young voters and black voters (and the obvious intersection). Kanye is perfect, as he has the right profile, and he needs the money.

That sounds like a very viable Republican strategy. Although I doubt he needs the money. It's more of an ego boost.

It's a shit strategy to counter BLM but it certainly fits the current conservative mindset.
  • I just think that having a singular leader with a grand title is a flawed idea, it's always going to attract these fuckheads.
  • running for office is incredibly expensive.  Who is going to donate to Kanye?  Is Kanye even relevant for young black voters? I would hope they would see his candidacy for what it is, unsubstantial and irrelevant.

He's a billionaire.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He's always complaining about being broke. Maybe you're thinking of that other black guy - Jaz Z.
  • Kanye's originaly a middle class black guy. He doesn't know what broke means despite acting all ghetto.
  • Kow wrote:
    He's always complaining about being broke. Maybe you're thinking of that other black guy - Jaz Z.

Yeah he had no money so Kim Kardashian gave him $50m from App money. She might be a billionaire.
  • Yeah I'm just making up his net worth for the bants.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • 1.3b USD apparently
  • I have no idea. How is it possible!
  • Fuck it's almost like he owns his own wildly successful clothing line or something.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    running for office is incredibly expensive.  Who is going to donate to Kanye?  Is Kanye even relevant for young black voters? I would hope they would see his candidacy for what it is, unsubstantial and irrelevant.

He's a billionaire.

Not quite, imo. 

My suspicion is some that muppet in the Trump campaign team is looking for a patsy to help dissolve the vote of young voters and black voters (and the obvious intersection).

Kanye is perfect, as he has the right profile, and he needs the money.

I was just responding to this.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think once you get to the big bucks you can't stop it rolling in. It's what it seems like anyway.
  • Ftr I'm with Dyno on West being a very convenient tool for republicans to use to try and split voters away from the democrats. It's extremely pathetic and incredibly racist and I'm kind of sad to see Kanye willingly letting himself be used like this because he's blind to anything other than his own ambitions these days.
  • The bonus with Kanye is that no matter what cunt thing he does you will be 3 comments away from "yeah but his music is good" which rapidly turns into listing his albums in order. Thus forgetting the cunt thing he did.

I bet this happened all the time with Reagan. "Reagan's war on drugs is really a war on black communities" " Yeah but I love Bedtime for Bunzo".
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Although I doubt he needs the money. It's more of an ego boost...

Lo and behold...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53324891

(Summary - He's claiming an abnormally high US furlough loan. Doesn't completely dismiss arguments against him needing money, but he's not adverse to it)
  • Money trickles up...
  • Roujin wrote:
    Fuck it's almost like he owns his own wildly successful clothing line or something.

For sure: but really only one brand that is intrinsically linked to another company.

Think about being a billionaire without actually having done any work or whatever. He just shown up, slaps his name on a weird looking shoe and - Kablam Billionaire. It’s ridiculous.

• WAHT!?
  • Ftr, that is exactly the opposite of how it went down. 

Kanye West was in the frame for the style director at LV before they gave the position to Virgil Abloh. 

I'm not a Kanye fan, but he absolutely has established ties to the fashion industry and after producing a bajillion record sales, took that fame and used it to launch Yeezy.
  • Surely all these big business are pushing for government financial help to secure their current level of personal profit rather than actually maintain jobs - that’s just a handy side effect. Many of these people could afford to pay out of their own pocket, but that level of wealth inequality causes them to obsess on making the figure bigger. Does Ye really need a loan to play his employees? Doubtful, between him and Kim they could easily pay. She’s not withholding wages from sweatshop workers cos herc has flow is hurting. It’s just pure greed. The last bit is spot on: he doesn’t need cash, we wants it. Wealth fucks your brain.
  • Government should be minimalised. Unless they hand out cash obv.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!