Punching ozno in the fuck - boxing and MMA for girlie men
  • Well I mean, he's a bigot if not a flat out racist. 

He said to Aldo that in a different time he would ride into his favella on horseback and shoot everyone. He went on Kimmy Kimmel and when asked about Rocky 3 said said "Is that the one with all the dancing monkeys in the gym?", he called a Khabib's manager a terrorist, and he also hilariously offered Khabib some of his shitty whisky that he was promoting during a press conference. Oh yeah, and he asked Floyd Mayweather to "Dance for me, boy." You can call the last one how you see it, since he calls a lot of people boy, but he's getting pretty close to some plantation owner schtick when he's talking like that to a black guy. 

Then one time he was defending himself from the allegations and said how can he be racist, he's half black. Half black from the belly button down, then he said he had a present for his beautiful, black female fans and proceeded to thrust back and forth.

It's just bants yeah?

Edit: It was khabib's manager, not his dad wot called a terrorist, but y'know he's still muslim so it doesn't change shit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    Well I mean, he's a bigot if not a flat out racist.  He said to Aldo that in a different time he would ride into his favella on horseback and shoot everyone. He went on Kimmy Kimmel and when asked about Rocky 3 said said "Is that the one with all the dancing monkeys in the gym?", he called a Khabib's dad a terrorist, and he also hilariously offered Khabib some of his shitty whisky that he was promoting during a press conference. Oh yeah, and he asked Floyd Mayweather to "Dance for me, boy." You can call the last one how you see it, since he calls a lot of people boy, but he's getting pretty close to some plantation owner schtick when he's talking like that to a black guy.  Then one time he was defending himself from the allegations and said how can he be racist, he's half black. Half black from the belly button down, then he said he had a present for his beautiful, black female fans and proceeded to thrust back and forth. It's just bants yeah?

Actually yeah! Trash talk supremo and it (really) worked in Aldo's case.

Check Connor's response to Aldo's recent victory after several brutal beat downs to see his real view on the man.
  • So 1:29 onwards. And this is normal for Connor, he is always respectful (look at post Diaz, Mendez etc also) directly after all the shit goes down - unless in a fight promo context. 

• Well I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. 

Conor McGregor isn't really racist, he's just racist in his promos. He's actually a very respectful man because he said something nice about Aldo and therefore is not actually a racist. 

I await the video where Conor praises Floyd Mayweather's bodyguards in the future and lets us know that all of Ireland supports them so that we can see that his "Juice-head Monkey" comments he directed at them were just part of the fight promo.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • FYI, he called Khabib's manager a "terrorist snitch", which is true according to what you read. He's got a genuinely dark past that guy. Follow Mike Russell MMA on twatter.
  • Not condoning what else has went down, mind.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Well I think that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  Conor McGregor isn't really racist, he's just racist in his promos. He's actually a very respectful man because he said something nice about Aldo and therefore is not actually a racist.  I await the video where Conor praises Floyd Mayweather's bodyguards in the future and lets us know that all of Ireland supports them so that we can see that his "Juice-head Monkey" comments he directed at them were just part of the fight promo.

He gets carried away and talks a LOT of shite but I genuinely don't think he's racist at all. Do some simple honest research beyond promo bits(or don't bother your hole!) and I think you'll discover that he's a decent (if unstable at times) guy.

Or don't and continue to spout from your position of ignorance, I really couldn't give a bollox.
  • Surely it's worse to act racist just to make money? I'm with rouj on this one.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Salt of the earth banter boy is all he is he's a good lad really underneath it all sure he'd murder ya nan if she had a million but he doesn't mean it

He's just Brad Pitt in Snatch with less honour and class
  • Conor McGregor opinions aside, can I just say big up herb dean for the black and gum Reebok Workout Pluses. Very clean, crep check passed.
  • @RedDave Listen this could go on and on and on and on: to quote the great man 'I just don't give a fuck'.

Connor has addressed this personally on the Late Late (I think). Look that shit up / don't -> see the quote above.
  • That's the Late Late Show where McGregor apologized for calling Fili a f****t, yeah?
  • Roujin wrote:
    That's the Late Late Show where McGregor apologized for calling Fili a f****t, yeah?

Hence the 'I think'. Must have been somewhere else then, quick Google search should fix that up.

• Oh right, of course, a simple mistake, you mixed up the interview where Conor apologises for being a racist with the one where he apologises for using homophobic language. 

It happens to us all.
  • I didn't mix up anything. I qualified what I wrote with 'I think'.

Are you trying to re-assert yourself for that slap-down you took in that other thread? LOL.

Be an ignorant arsehole/actually educate yourself properly on the subject, to re-iterate: 'I just don't give a fuck'.
  • There's a better way about this, Dos.

I'm out.
  • Defending fighters for their views is always a losing game.

The brain damage will catch up with them. Connor at 50 will 100% say some heinous shit.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • There's a better way about this, Dos. I'm out.

Lol, yeah you so had my back there dude, a rock, sad to lose you :P

I've been fairly restrained on this. So we can't even swear (in a binary) now.. I mean wtf has happened to this place. We're all adults here.
  • indigoDos wrote:
    I didn't mix up anything. I qualified what I wrote with 'I think'. Are you trying to re-assert yourself for that slap-down you took in that other thread? LOL. Be an ignorant arsehole/actually educate yourself properly on the subject, to re-iterate: 'I just don't give a fuck'.

Ah I see what's happened here. You think the forum is srs bsnss and that we're all somehow in a game trying to score points off each other whenever there's a dispute. 

I should have known that after that rather large disagreement on israeli borders and the IHRA and Jezza that I was actually banned from posting an opinion on anything ever again. Thanks for clarifying the rules for me on that one. 

I'm really not trying to be an ignorant arsehole, I do read about UFC even though I don't watch it that much, I have a passing interest in general fighty stuff, be that hema, or military stuff, I did some judo in my yung rouj days, and in general other sports news on stuff like the tennis/rugby/fitba/olympics when it's on, all that stuff. I used to like motorsports as well, but F1 doesn't do it for me anymore and I miss Group B and Rally Cross from when I was a kid. 

My point, and I suppose we are at an impasse here is that I think Conor McGregor is racist, and you think he's not, you think anything goes in the pre-fight buildup and I think there's no excuse for racism or bigotry in any circumstance, let alone when you are a poster boy for a very popular sport. You want me to go and read up on the charitable work that Connor does, helping homeless people, his donations to protective shelters and the like and how he supported rights to gay marriage in Ireland and that after fights he is full of praise for his opponents in interviews and will frequently pose with his arm around the other guy or holding up their arm and all that stuff. 

I get it, Connor McGregor does a lot of good deeds, but there are a lot of rather unsavory people who do good deeds to hide what they are really like, especially people who are in the public eye and have a lot of money riding on maintaining a good image with the public. Plenty of sportsmen, politicians, businessmen, all caught over the years spouting absolute garbage when they were in an environment where they thought it was acceptable or they could get away with it.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Defending fighters for their views is always a losing game. The brain damage will catch up with them. Connor at 50 will 100% say some heinous shit.

I'm not defending Connor's 'views'. He uses working class Dublin terminology that I'm very familiar with having been called a faggit soooooo many times for being a hyper-sensitive kid who loved art growing up - I know what it means in that context. 

When he used that word I know he meant it as shorthand for (to crib from the title) a bitch / 'girly man' , sexuality doesn't even come in to it in terms of the intention behind the speech.
  • Roujin wrote:
    indigoDos wrote:
    I didn't mix up anything. I qualified what I wrote with 'I think'. Are you trying to re-assert yourself for that slap-down you took in that other thread? LOL. Be an ignorant arsehole/actually educate yourself properly on the subject, to re-iterate: 'I just don't give a fuck'.
    Ah I see what's happened here. You think the forum is srs bsnss and that we're all somehow in a game trying to score points off each other whenever there's a dispute.  I should have known that after that rather large disagreement on israeli borders and the IHRA and Jezza that I was actually banned from posting an opinion on anything ever again. Thanks for clarifying the rules for me on that one.  I'm really not trying to be an ignorant arsehole, I do read about UFC even though I don't watch it that much, I have a passing interest in general fighty stuff, be that hema, or military stuff, I did some judo in my yung rouj days, and in general other sports news on stuff like the tennis/rugby/fitba/olympics when it's on, all that stuff. I used to like motorsports as well, but F1 doesn't do it for me anymore and I miss Group B and Rally Cross from when I was a kid.  My point, and I suppose we are at an impasse here is that I think Conor McGregor is racist, and you think he's not, you think anything goes in the pre-fight buildup and I think there's no excuse for racism or bigotry in any circumstance, let alone when you are a poster boy for a very popular sport. You want me to go and read up on the charitable work that Connor does, helping homeless people, his donations to protective shelters and the like and how he supported rights to gay marriage in Ireland and that after fights he is full of praise for his opponents in interviews and will frequently pose with his arm around the other guy or holding up their arm and all that stuff.  I get it, Connor McGregor does a lot of good deeds, but there are a lot of rather unsavory people who do good deeds to hide what they are really like, especially people who are in the public eye and have a lot of money riding on maintaining a good image with the public. Plenty of sportsmen, politicians, businessmen, all caught over the years spouting absolute garbage when they were in an environment where they thought it was acceptable or they could get away with it.

Nope, problem is you thinking imma read all that low grade shite you wrote! Not happening.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A well written precise argument indigo, kudos. Faggot used in any context, whether you believe it to mean something else or not, can fucking do one, and I say that as a bellend who used it frequently in his younger years. Its not about your own personal interpretation, its about the weight and history behind its connotation. Irish bants boy or not the man's a cunt.

Good fighter and showman though, the latter especially before he snorted his own ego up his nose and became a caricature.
  • Mod or no you're talking out of your arse there DS, - not for the first time says you!

Poorly informed, simplified, token moralising ftw, :)

• No, he's absolutely right.

Would you be fine with him dropping N bombs everywhere?

He's an adult, he should be fully aware of what using that word means, and he's choosing to use it anyway. He doesn't even have the defence of playing a character like a wrestler would.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    indigoDos wrote:
    Mod or no you're talking out of your arse there DS, - not for the first time says you! Poorly informed, simplified, token moralising ftw, :)

I'm a bants boy. A top, top level bants boy. Conor is cunt no matter how you internally try to justify it. Sure he's 'playing a character', but its not a show, its not a film, its the world he's doing it in. Calling him on it won't make him any less of an idol to stone cold, dead eyed woo fuck that faggot up my Irish dream fuckwits. Just as Kanye is a cunt (I fucking love some of his music though). And the world keeps on spinning.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can call my belief on the situation poorly informed but its my belief - that shit is bulletproof

cdSwSYR.gif
  • You can call my belief on the situation poorly informed but its my belief - that shit is bulletproof

cdSwSYR.gif

Yup, poorly informed belief - check. Bulletproof...ummmm.

Connor never dropped straight up N bombs afaik Dante. That was likely a common term used in his circles for folks using PEDS. Like I said I'm pretty sure he owned it back then and apologised for any offense caused at the time.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He's done a lot of apologising after being a total cunt tbf. Easiest thing is just not to be a total cunt. The bus thing coked out his cunting skull thing (haha lets injure people ehh bants bruv), the slur after being caught on camera being a cunt thing, the jumping in the ring going for a ref coked out his skull cunt thing, even apologising to nobody cos he's a top top lad cunt.

It was likely a common term though so its alright, guys just being a consistent cunt. Fair play.
  • Bus thing I completely agree on. See a few pages back in this thread in case anyone thinks I'm total Connor nut-hugger.

I'm talking about intent here DS and I don't think he used that term with an attack on the race of those (Obviously) Juice-headed bodyguards in mind.

The mileage of those too lazy to delve past Connors promo-persona will vary.

Defense rests. Work in the a.m.

• indigoDos wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Defending fighters for their views is always a losing game. The brain damage will catch up with them. Connor at 50 will 100% say some heinous shit.

I'm not defending Connor's 'views'. He uses working class Dublin terminology that I'm very familiar with having been called a faggit soooooo many times for being a hyper-sensitive kid who loved art growing up - I know what it means in that context. 

When he used that word I know he meant it as shorthand for (to crib from the title) a bitch / 'girly man' , sexuality doesn't even come in to it in terms of the intention behind the speech.

Cool, so he wasn't lazy homophobic, he was lazy misogynist. Much better.

The culture I grew up in defense is not that much of a winner either, Tbh. Especially for a grown ass man who can afford a pr department.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!