PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's probably my weirdest qu ever.

In terms of pop music, I'm an absolute sucker for the 4 chord structure. If you want to nail me down, it's C, G Am, G

There's certain bands I gravitate towards because of that like Weezer and Manics.
    I have an obsession with 2 Catatonia songs - Mulder and Scully and Road Rage - because they literally use that on their choruses.

Road Rage is my favourite and (I think - has been a while since Music at high school) I think it's two sharp chords and two minor chords but it's close enough.

Anyway, are there any great pop songs that use the happy happy sad happy formula that I may not be aware of? Assume stuff like Beatles / Rolling Stones et Al are well covered.
  • Why does Carol Vorderman now look like Mariah Carey?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Maths.
  • I'm a big fan of the 50s progression, C Am F G; give me any track with that (and there are countless) and I'm sold.

Can't help with your Q, Reggie. Sorry.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Here's probably my weirdest qu ever. In terms of pop music, I'm an absolute sucker for the 4 chord structure. If you want to nail me down, it's C, G Am, G There's certain bands I gravitate towards because of that like Weezer and Manics. I have an obsession with 2 Catatonia songs - Mulder and Scully and Road Rage - because they literally use that on their choruses. Road Rage is my favourite and (I think - has been a while since Music at high school) I think it's two sharp chords and two minor chords but it's close enough. Anyway, are there any great pop songs that use the happy happy sad happy formula that I may not be aware of? Assume stuff like Beatles / Rolling Stones et Al are well covered.

Knock yourself out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_containing_the_I%E2%80%93V%E2%80%93vi%E2%80%93IV_progression
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Africa by Toto. Maths works out.
  • Was thinking of using countif to count ranges in Excel but there doesn't seem to be an "and" operator for setting conditions or is there?
    From looking online it seems I might have to create a table for ranges, do a lookup and then a countif or am I missing something?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think it's COUNTIFS and add extra conditions
    countifs(A1:A10,<100,A1:A10,>50)

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cheers Cocko. Seems I may have wasted an hour earlier!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • What is tik tok? Why some much dancing jail bait?
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    What is tik tok? Why some much dancing jail bait?

Basically the new Vine, no?
  • It's a rebranded music.ly. Full of paedos (because of the, um, jailbait).
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Green bananas.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Our London exodus is pretty much sorted. Lots of Asian food a go go, but does anyone know best dim sum round Wardour St?
  • I've been to a great place but damned if I can remember; we've Chinese nationals at work so will ask tomorrow if that helps. Lots of options round Wardour st anyway, used to have our office there. Worth dipping into the Las Vegas arcade at the bottom of the road if you fancy some arcade sightseeing, they have popn and sound voltex, amongst others.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I would fancy that for sure.
  • https://www.lasvegasarcadesoho.co.uk/games-machines/

Forgot they have bishi bashi and rhythm tengoku/heaven too, bishi was the source of many boozy Friday evenings.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Flora was in at the pinball tables.
  • I have a console dilemma.  It's hugely dull, so apologies in advance, but I'm mulling it over at work so I thought I'd share.  What would other badgers do in my situation?

My PS4 is the tellybox in my house, has our Netflix and Prime on it, plus someone else's Sky.  I don't have PS+ these days, but I do have a plenty of indie games on my PSN account that I paid for (20+).  I also have PSVR, which I don't use much but I do love.  The console is mostly used for streaming these days, but I/we do occasionally play games on it.  I lost all my saves in the big crash of Jan 2020 though, so I'd be starting Spiderman/Yakuza 6 from scratch anyway.  

My Xbox One S is my loft room console.  It has gamepass on it, so that's where the majority of my tellygaming is done these days (tellygaming equates to maybe 25% of my gaming because Switch).  I've got a smattering of BC 360 games on it, but other than Cuphead & Ori nothing current gen and digital that I 'own'.  

My PS4 really is on its last legs, to the point where I daren't play games on it in case it dies completely.  I think the fan has gone for a start, but it often struggles to even load apps these days.  Should I buy a new one if it flatlines?  And if I do, is it worth getting a Pro instead as there's not a huge difference in price?  Do I wait until November for a PS5, which will supposedly be compatible with my PSVR?  Or do I use the Bone as the downstairs console and get [whatever the next box is called] at launch?  

It's a broken console and next gen dilemma.  I don't have a smart TV but I did buy a firestick recently.
  • Have you tried blasting the PS4 with compressed air?
  • Yes.  That actually worked when it was shorting out during the final section of Resi 2 (second only to Horizon: Zero Dawn as king noisemaker for the console), but it doesn't seem to be doing anything now.
  • Andy managed to repair his, so might be worth seeing if you can. Guessing it's well out of any warranty by now.
  • Yup, got it bundled with Arkham Knight.  I probably could open it up and have a look, but I'm pretty sure once it was open I'd look at the innards and laugh at my own optimism.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I have a console dilemma.  It's hugely dull, so apologies in advance, but I'm mulling it over at work so I thought I'd share.  What would other badgers do in my situation? My PS4 is the tellybox in my house, has our Netflix and Prime on it, plus someone else's Sky.  I don't have PS+ these days, but I do have a plenty of indie games on my PSN account that I paid for (20+).  I also have PSVR, which I don't use much but I do love.  The console is mostly used for streaming these days, but I/we do occasionally play games on it.  I lost all my saves in the big crash of Jan 2020 though, so I'd be starting Spiderman/Yakuza 6 from scratch anyway.   My Xbox One S is my loft room console.  It has gamepass on it, so that's where the majority of my tellygaming is done these days (tellygaming equates to maybe 25% of my gaming because Switch).  I've got a smattering of BC 360 games on it, but other than Cuphead & Ori nothing current gen and digital that I 'own'.   My PS4 really is on its last legs, to the point where I daren't play games on it in case it dies completely.  I think the fan has gone for a start, but it often struggles to even load apps these days.  Should I buy a new one if it flatlines?  And if I do, is it worth getting a Pro instead as there's not a huge difference in price?  Do I wait until November for a PS5, which will supposedly be compatible with my PSVR?  Or do I use the Bone as the downstairs console and get [whatever the next box is called] at launch?   It's a broken console and next gen dilemma.  I don't have a smart TV but I did buy a firestick recently.
    If it's the Netflix and stuff that is pushing you to get a new then just use the firestick, it has apps for everything I need and then wait for the next gen.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Does it have a sky app? That might be the awkward one as it's not my sub. I assume if it does the PS4 could be deactivated as a device and the firestick added.

I'm more inclined to wait and use this as an excuse to buy a next gen console at launch, especially if backwards compatibility is standard next time.
  • Do you mean Now TV, or Sky?
  • It's the Sky app we use on ps4
  • There isn’t an official Sky Go app for the Firestick, but apparently it’s possible to sideload a dodgy app.
  • I'm getting the thing kitted out by a kindly badger so I may not need the official apps at all. Not sure yet though.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    My PS4 really is on its last legs, to the point where I daren't play games on it in case it dies completely.  I think the fan has gone for a start, but it often struggles to even load apps these days.  Should I buy a new one if it flatlines?  And if I do, is it worth getting a Pro instead as there's not a huge difference in price?  Do I wait until November for a PS5, which will supposedly be compatible with my PSVR?  Or do I use the Bone as the downstairs console and get [whatever the next box is called] at launch?   It's a broken console and next gen dilemma.  I don't have a smart TV but I did buy a firestick recently.

This sounds like the HDD might be on the blink to me, might be worth replacing it with a cheap SSD and reinstalling the OS. Or maybe there is a thermal issue due to a knackered fan or something. I doubt the system is beyond hope though, generally computers don't break apart from mechanical things such as fans or spinning drives, or simple things like thermal paste and general airflow. Software getting all borked up is another big cause of people chucking away perfectly good machines. There are always exceptions like in the case of the OG 360 red ringing, but if there isn't a general known fault with your model of PS4 I would suspect it's one of the above issues.

I would be happy to take a look at it and see if it can be refurbished, though it looks like it might require a silly Torx security bit (hole in the centre) which I don't happen to have, what is the specific model number for yours?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!