Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just doing this to get back into lifting heavy.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/gain-10-pounds-muscle-4-weeks

Previous to this I was building fitness through running.

So going to alternate between building muscle and losing weight.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If by shocking the system you mean staving off boredom, sure.  But if you mean changing things so your body doesn't get used to one routine, nein.  You need to do the same routine and increase weight to see strength gainz.  Switch by all means to stay interested, but your body doesn't necessarily benefit.  Myths innit.  If you didn't mean that, well shut up skuzzit.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Stopped reading at 

"Gain 10 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm, red flag.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MoesTavern wrote:
    Stopped reading at 

"Gain 10 pounds of muscle in 4 weeks"

I know I'm not gonna gain 10lbs of muscle. Max is probably gonna be about 4. But it has definitely focused me on lifting heavy and the gains have already started after two weeks.

You take what you can from anything you read surely?

Skez. So you're saying pure misinformation that mixing up the type of exercise doesn't shock your body and attack different parts of your muscles? Pretty much every health related thing I've read says otherwise. For example no flys in first two weeks, but in weeks three and four you introduce them. So surely that is gonna change which part of your chest gets hit and that then activates/wakes whichever part of your chest they affect. The overall effect is another bit of growth in a different area?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Regarding chest, there is no (for example) upper and lower chest.  There's the pectoralis major and minor and the visible part is the major.  You can't hit different parts of the muscle, it either contracts or it doesn't.  Different exercises are going to emphasise different muscle groups, but not different parts of a muscle.  A bench press is a bench press, but one of flat, decline or incline might suit you more than the others.

Agreed, the vast majority of health sites suggest your body need to be shocked, and the vast majority of health sites spread misinformation.  It's an industry built on hearsay, not solid empirical fact.  Take fat burning products for example, complete hoax.  I can say for certain that fasting will see you lost fat in the majority of cases, but you can't seek fasting (though people have tried). There's no 'fasting shake'.
  • Well there could be. Some kind of stomach-filling, hunger suppressant jelly.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Injected up the arse via proboscis.
  • I have started to think about preparing to get going with commencing getting less chunky, again.
    My I post my "regime" as see if there are any helpful hints

Morning: pre work run, just under a mile. Coffee, milk. Two slices brown toast with Vegemite 

Lunch. Ham salad brrrapp, (home made soup)
    Run: home. mile. Free weights every other dayish (upper lower etc) rest day Wednesdays Fridays and Sundays 

Dinners:half cup white rice, one stalk broccoli, one tin of mackerel. 0% Yoghurt with cucumber lemon and a bit of garlic 

The idea is that I repeat this until I have a total psychotic break or my pants feel better.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I would say upping your run for the full time rather than just as a pre workout run a couple of times a week. A slow run for an hour or so is a great fat burner and good for your cardio vascular.
  • Fuck that, interval train... Sprint jog sprint jog. Get your cardio done in less time than you fuck the missus.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I do fartlek for 40 minute sessions. Who are you? Sting?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    And the cardio for the slow run was a secondary benefit. It was the fat burning that was the primary.
  • Interval training's brevity is maybe its greatest aspect.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I must be doing it wrong then, but 30 minutes is a quick session for me.
  • 30ins is my upper limit if anything. You sprinting at your max? What ratio of rest to work are doing?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    200m sprint to 400m slow jog. I sprint at about 90%.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Interval training is best, hill sprints, tabeta or variant thereof.  

If it's fat you want losing, as ever, energy in < energy out.  Your body will burn fat to compensate.  Use a BMR calc to measure required maintenance intake based in age, height, weight, activity level (guide only, plus BMI is bullshit), then tally up your daily intake in kj/cal; if intake exceeds BMR, reduce intake.  Apply daily until desired composition achieved.  Maintain resistance training and adequate protein intake.  Retire at 40.

In mere months you will become a rippling adonis.
  • Pre evening meal tabatas are a thing I sometimes do. Gets me appetite up.
  • I hate training in the morning. I hate training legs in the morning more than anything. The only thing that makes it ok is just how awesome training and I am.
  • Your body is naturally weaker in the morning.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Your body is naturally weaker; mine is a pre-dawn powerhouse.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    I hate training in the morning. I hate training legs in the morning more than anything. The only think that makes it ok is just how awesome training and I am.
    I could train solidly for a decade and not get anywhere near your numbers, so yes I agree.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I hate training in the morning. I hate training legs in the morning more than anything. The only think that makes it ok is just how awesome training and I am.
    I could train solidly for a decade and not get anywhere near your numbers, so yes I agree.

Today was hard though, didn't have long so an hour of squatting, heavy back squats, heavy front squats, then light fronts straight into backs in a complex, then 5 minutes of calves using the squat rack, 30 reps, 30 seconds off, 40 reps, 40 seconds off, repeat going up until you fail and DIE!
  • Cheapest, best way of getting rid of a growing beer gut please. Sit ups?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    READ THE THREAD sorry, see my reply to Goobs on this very page.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheapest, best way of getting rid of a growing beer gut please. Sit ups?

Eat less, drink less, walk a lot.

Throw in some resistance.

What Skez said really
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Weight loss is a happy byproduct for me, I'm aiming to improve my run times.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    And sit-ups are crap for losing a beer gut.  You'll just end up with a nice firm set of abs hidden behind a beer gut.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You can't spot reduce, it doesn't work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!