Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    A Sinclair C5 has a range of about 20, so if you'd been sensible, you'd only have had to run your 10k at the end. Shame about your oversight there, but well done.

I matched your 5k time the other night (over whatever 2.5 miles is in Kellogg's). It's a tough course, though; you're against the wind for the first third, aided for the next quarter, and then it's all from the side for the remainder. My legs are getting stronger from fell jogging (nice and slow, so as not to make the deer jealous), but there's not enough puff in the old lungs.

My resting heartrate's around 50, I think, so it seems to be a lack of cardio efficiency that's holding me back. Hence these hills, because I can go for 60-90 minutes at my talking threshold, calves burning on the ups, without injury.

Dorks: use a doorframe. A hand on either side at waist height (tight grip or relaxed, whatever), you can squat with excellent form, knees never past toes, and just pull yourself forward to get back up if you're in trouble.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pff, back from my first session with a personal trainer. Gonna feel this. Interval on some kinda magnetic bike (you use both arm and feet), squats with a kettlebell, split squats (but I think they are the same as lunges?), rowing and very lame pushups. Gonna take me a while before I can do them properly.

The most scary thing is actually the food schedule they gave me, seems pretty hardcore to me. And confusing.

Do people use multi vitamin pills and fish oil capsules? So far I just wanted to get back into training because I missed it, I enjoy it and I really needed something to focus on. I'm not sure how serious I need to go with this.
  • I take them but I train a lot. The benefits vary depending on whom you speak to/read it from but I'd rather have it than not have it.

The food is scary in that its a lot? or different?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'd have thought multi vitamin pills were wank unless you are somehow deficient or eat terribly.  Fish oil... could eat fish.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Or if you're Hulka.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • I eat fish too!!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    GOOD
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Scary as in, where are the potatoes /pasta's and rice? Not even that much fruit.
    She was actually mentioning pasta and rice, but she was explaining all this after the training. All this talk about fats and carbs and eggs... I was busy praying that the wind direction hadn't changed so I could easily cycle home without dying.

I'll give it a go, dinner might be harder as Bas is not gonna eat the same. They advice to bake in coconut oil as well, in stead of olive oil.
  • Real talk, I owned a C5.
  • Im not a fan of this 'no fruit its got too much sugar' BS, I always have a few in the morning or a bowl during the day. 
    ALso yes, coconut oil for cooking and juice after training is the biz.
  • Escape wrote:
    A Sinclair C5 has a range of about 20, so if you'd been sensible, you'd only have had to run your 10k at the end. Shame about your oversight there, but well done. I matched your 5k time the other night (over whatever 2.5 miles is in Kellogg's). It's a tough course, though; you're against the wind for the first third, aided for the next quarter, and then it's all from the side for the remainder. My legs are getting stronger from fell jogging (nice and slow, so as not to make the deer jealous), but there's not enough puff in the old lungs. My resting heartrate's around 50, I think, so it seems to be a lack of cardio efficiency that's holding me back. Hence these hills, because I can go for 60-90 minutes at my talking threshold, calves burning on the ups, without injury. Dorks: use a doorframe. A hand on either side at waist height (tight grip or relaxed, whatever), you can squat with excellent form, knees never past toes, and just pull yourself forward to get back up if you're in trouble.

I knew I was doing something wrong.  I'll get a c5 for next time.  If I were to do the first 20 on a c5 then run the rest I'd still be struggling to beat the kenyans.

With regards to thresholds and heartrates, I didn't exceed 160bpm during the marathon (racing 5k-1/2mara my hr averages high 170s).  The main problem was legs in the last few miles.

2.5miles is about 4k, you need to find another k.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    If I were to do the first 20 on a c5 then run the rest I'd still be struggling to beat the kenyans

The C5 has a top speed of 15, so you'd arrive at 20 in 80-90 minutes (with no crashes), leaving 30-40 for the remaining 6. I'd love to watch this. I'd be caught between 24 and '5.

Brooks wrote:
    Real talk, I owned a C5.

If that was in the '80s, your cred's soared.
  • Was a lot less dangerous than the C4.
  • Went and joined a gym last week, have somehow managed to lose almost half a stone in 3 sessions and a week of calorie deficit.

I'd developed a rather unsightly gut over the last 3 years due to what I can only assume was entering the 30s and increasing my daily booze amount (sedentary job and no exercise)

Had tried road running a bit but I need somewhere to go and focus, so have been doing at least 5k on the treadmill along with the odd 15 minute biking every other day, tomorrow being the 4th time this week.

Haven't drank any booze at all in just over a week, and only just today treated myself to a scotch egg.

I'm extremely surprised by the pace of weight loss. I was just a tiny blip off 12st last week, now am just over 11 1/2. Considering I weighed 11st for most of my 20s whilst doing zero exercise and indulging in excess, I figure that 11 is where my body wants to be. Will be interesting to see what happens when / if I hit that mark.

Pleasantly surprised by the whole thing. I imagine the booze was the main factor.

Cue Push it to the Limit.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Rong Fred, have relocated
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!