Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He's right you know.

Did first proper cable crossovers Monday, feeling it majorly now.

Couldn't get on bar today so used a squat machine at a 40ish degree angle, very weird feeling. Was able to lift 114kg, so guessing pressing your back into the machine and not having free weight is gonna skew the figures, so I'm probably still at 100kg in reality.

Managed 80KG on seated calf raise, but was close to buckling on last set.
  • First day of fdf. Hungry but managing fine so far. Just starting to get some big rumbles.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Gonna try that Friday I think. Gym tonight and yoga tomorrow, but will be travelling with work for most of Friday day time so seems like a good time to try it.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Full day fast (evening meal -> evening meal) seemed pretty steady.  A few moments of hunger, but never desperate.  Felt a little tired at times, but that could equally be hayfever and/or recovery from an overly excessive weekend binge. Played badminton after work and cycled home, didn't feel particularly tired during that either.

Will continue for the next couple of weeks, after which it probably won't fit into my schedule so well.  I'll probably be upping my weekly run mileage soon anyway so that should compensate.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Good man.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Stop lookin'!
  • New squatting and dead lifting trainers arrived today!! They're awesome, so comfy.

http://m.adidas.co.uk/adipure-trainer-1.1-shoes/D67527_600.html?start=1
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Colourful.  I've stopped using my powerlifting shoes (back to basic Cons) and my knees have come good, but I'm not sure if there's a correlation.  Back to 110kg next week, eep.  Some idiot wandered into the squat rack today looking for a hanging thoroband while I was mid-squat; she got told.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • About 80 pages ago
  • Skerret wrote:
    Colourful.  I've stopped using my powerlifting shoes (back to basic Cons) and my knees have come good, but I'm not sure if there's a correlation.  Back to 110kg next week, eep.  Some idiot wandered into the squat rack today looking for a hanging thoroband while I was mid-squat; she got told.

I hope she got told via the back of your hand!!

You've got that 110kg and more. Your form is right, your mind is right, and as you know they're the most important parts of lifting, the rest is just meat.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    *snif*

Thanks Vere, you're a pal.

GONZO FUCK OFF
  • Skerret wrote:
    *snif*

Thanks Vere, you're a pal.

GONZO FUCK OFF

Gonna go do some legs today, front squat, back squat, split squat, straight leg deads, lunges and some calf raise complex or other. Supposed to be gym day off but wanna play in my new shoes!!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    When you choose to lift stonkingly heavy weights as a leisure activity, you know you have won.
  • Skerret wrote:
    When you choose to lift stonkingly heavy weights as a leisure activity, you know you have won.

I love it when people ask what you like to do to relax and you tell them lift heavy stuff repeatedly till you can barely stand then sit in a steam room thinking about how awful the pain will be tomorrow with a smile on your face.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm, I really ought to add the steam room to my routine, specially given the weather.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Mm, I really ought to add the steam room to my routine, specially given the weather.

I certainly feel a difference if I get 10/15 minutes in the steam room. I'll be honest I should look more into the benefits of which I imagine there are many, though there'll be just as many claiming it'll have a negative effect.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Any reccos for a tanning salon?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    None, anywhere, ever.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    No good in sprucing up the house if you don't open the curtains; so to speak.

Verecocha wrote:
    sit in a steam room thinking about how awful the pain will be tomorrow with a smile on your face.
    Skerret wrote:
    Mm, I really ought to add the steam room to my routine
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That's how we do it.
  • Verecocha did you have anything to do with this? I remember you saying you trained with this bloke:

• I was offered a part in it but I didn't really want to be associated with his very steroid orientated documentary.

Training with him is too hard now as he's simply too big, slow and strangely weak so I now train by myself again which I much prefer.

It is an interesting thing to watch though so I'd certainly recommend it.
  • 'Strangely weak'? You mean you'd expect him to be stronger given there's so much of him?
    GT: Knight640
  • Knight wrote:
    'Strangely weak'? You mean you'd expect him to be stronger given there's so much of him?

Yep, weaker as he's got bigger, due to at a guess more stress on a number of his systems and becoming more inflexible.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Art Saxon recommended lifting daily, stopping short of failure. Volume seems like a better approach for strength to me, but even when stopping short, genetics must play a huge part in recovery.

Sonny Liston was said to be incredibly strong, yet lots of guys have similar physiques now. Look at Marciano and Walcott:

Rock_Joe.jpg

Both smaller than today's club-level users. Speaking for myself, density > size.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    So how bout dem curls.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    New squatting and dead lifting trainers arrived today!! They're awesome, so comfy. http://m.adidas.co.uk/adipure-trainer-1.1-shoes/D67527_600.html?start=1

Link not working, page changes at Adidas?

What is special about dem shoes and should I look at getting a pair? I currently just use my running shoes, Asics. Not good enough?

@Skerret, thanks for the resurrect.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    No problem, and nope, not good enough.  That spongy heel means power is lost when you push through your heel (as you should do) when squatting.  Weightlifting shoes have hard wooden or plastic heels, meaning you lose little if any power.  Imagine trying to squat on a trampoline, then work backwards from there and you get to running shoes.  Any flat sole shoe is better; I've been squatting in Cons, though I do have Do-Wins (great name) which I have shelved as I suspect they may have been part of my knee issue which has finally come good.
  • Learning to squat. It's not easy! I think I'm getting used to the grip. There's a wooden box here that is useful in helping to adapt to stance width and hip depth. Very useful until I adapt to the exercise I guess.

Gonna look into getting some shoes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!