The Paleo thread of keeping fit and looking healthy - or the other way around
  • RIPPED
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You're wearing some sort of red cock ring.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Turn it sideways and it could replace the last half of your signature.
  • Well... durr!

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I have noticed differences, i.e. muscle being much more defined and
    denser, it's just that I don't ever really grow out much. I'm going to
    up my protein to about 1g per lb, I'm not tremendously bothered about putting weight on. I've skimmed the first couple of pages, TBH I don't think I'm ready to do any fasting or cut out carbs. They taste too good!
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I have noticed differences, i.e. muscle being much more defined and
    denser, it's just that I don't ever really grow out much. I'm going to
    up my protein to about 1g per lb, I'm not tremendously bothered about putting weight on. I've skimmed the first couple of pages, TBH I don't think I'm ready to do any fasting or cut out carbs. They taste too good!

Thats fine. 

I wouldn't bother with the protein though if you're not willing to cut the carbs.It wont help.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The curse of the recently obese man. I'm always unsure of how much I should eat over the course of a day. Some I feel i've overdone it where as others I feel I should force some grub down.

I should start up doing food diaries again.
  • 1g per lbs of lean mass is more than enough. That's what's left after you take of the fat weight.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Depends how badly you want to see change.  Fasting (for example) is a change that becomes a lifelong thing though; it's not unpleasant or anything, you simply adapt.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • The curse of the recently obese man. I'm always unsure of how much I should eat over the course of a day. Some I feel i've overdone it where as others I feel I should force some grub down.

The biggest thing I learned is that you need to get your body to a state where it doesnt always think its hungry. This takes time, patience, discipline and some know how.

I can provide some good resources if you're actually interested? 

To put into context - I've gone from eating 3000+ calories of mostly refined carbs with weekly binges of bad things like sweets and pizza down to a sub 2000 calorie high fat, low carb diet that has completely changed my body composition, energy levels and blood sugar levels.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

The curse of the recently obese man. I'm always unsure of how much I should eat over the course of a day. Some I feel i've overdone it where as others I feel I should force some grub down.

Portion control and energy in vs energy out.  There's a whole bunch of stuff worth cutting out though; as Turtle has said, you could get in under your daily energy requirements by eating Mars Bars, but it won't do you much good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    google said:

The biggest thing I learned is that you need to get your body to a state where it doesnt always think its hungry. This takes time, patience, discipline and some know how.

I can provide some good resources if you're actually interested? 

To put into context - I've gone from eating 3000+ calories of mostly refined carbs with weekly binges of bad things like sweets and pizza down to a sub 2000 calorie high fat, low carb diet that has completely changed my body composition, energy levels and blood sugar levels.

And just so it's clear there's more than one way to skin a cat, I have high carb days (post training) and low carb, high fat days (days off) with protein as a constant.  Customize your eating to the state you want to be in physically.  Between us I'd say we have a fair bit of info we could pass on (this last bit is to Bollockoff).
  • Agreed - I didnt mean to say "CARBS ARE BAD MAN!!!" but I am 100% certain that the idea that we need to eat brown bread, brown rice and cereal to maintain a healthy diet is complete bullshit. If anything, this can be catastrophic to the way our body interprets real food.
  • I couldnt imagine life without brown rice.
  • I've only recently discovered brown rice in the last year and I concur.

I've always gone by the mantra, "The battle for weight loss is fought in the gym but the war is won in the kitchen."
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • I couldnt imagine life without brown rice.

I couldnt imagine life without espresso, but I'm not going to promote it to you by telling you the only way to stay lean and healthy is to drink coffee with two meals a day.
  • You guys are talking about different things.

Eating food because you like the food is great.

Eating food pretending it's good for you is not.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    google said:

Agreed - I didnt mean to say "CARBS ARE BAD MAN!!!" but I am 100% certain that the idea that we need to eat brown bread, brown rice and cereal to maintain a healthy diet is complete bullshit. If anything, this can be catastrophic to the way our body interprets real food.

I'd agree with that. I look at food in terms of macronutrients most of the time, aim for whole foods and eat accordingly. I eat high sugar cereal post workout and I'm under no illusion that it's 'good'; I just eat it cos it's a convenient way to achieve a big insulin spike.
  • I eat a fuck ton of brown rice and I'm lean as hell. 

I'm not sure what I'm arguing about.

Carry on.
  • Small, high metabolism?
  • Wait, I'm not arguing anything. I'll pretty much eat anything in moderation but with an emphasis on vegetables (especially leaves) and un-processed foods. That said, I just had the most delicious snack because it's the weekend y'know?
    http://imgur.com/hCNQ5
    aaaaaAAH FA-SHION!
  • Yeah, I'm eating way more peanut butter than I should be. It's great in a green shake.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Lester if you're a 'hard gainer' like me it's just not easy to put on weight. You need to eat like a fucking demon and it also helps to take a few shakes with training, and pending your outlook some Creatine to help your muscles along the way. Trust me, 16 months in the Gym and Working out and I've only put on 3/4 stone. I now stand at 11 3/4 stone. 

The thing to remember is, it's as hard for some people to PUT on weight as it is for others to LOOSE it. 
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Breakfast 

• Speedhaak said:

Lester if you're a 'hard gainer' like me it's just not easy to put on weight. You need to eat like a fucking demon and it also helps to take a few shakes with training, and pending your outlook some Creatine to help your muscles along the way. Trust me, 16 months in the Gym and Working out and I've only put on 3/4 stone. I now stand at 11 3/4 stone. 

The thing to remember is, it's as hard for some people to PUT on weight as it is for others to LOOSE it. 

If you're putting on more than 8-10 lbs in a year, some of it's fat. Building lean muscle tissue takes a seriously long time, though n00bs will gain far quicker than someone training for 2+ years.
  • 'haak are you eating anything for lunch? Thats a huge amount of calories - is that pre or post workout?
  • Lot of fat too, coconut milk is shite.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Pre. I usually have home-made Minestrone soup full of vegetables and tuna-fish sandwiches for lunch. Then either Chicken or Beef for dinner and then maybe a Pizza or Something Fatty late in the evening for some erhm, fat. Mixed in with Peanut Butter sandwiches throughout the day.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message

Lot of fat too, coconut milk is shite.

You need fat in your diet too. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!