Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Re: fats, I have a mix made of LSA, flaxseed and chia seeds that I sprinkle over me yoghurt and that lot has an excellent fats profile. Means I don't have to have fish oil which is good as I'd rather not. Turts and Google are both talking sense but from different schools and for different reasons. The point I think is that there are several effective dietary strategies outside the mainstream (there is so much misinformation in the mainstream it boggles the mind) one can use depending on one's goals. For example, if you want to put on size, GOMAD is as good as anything.

Just to add to the info overload for Bollockoff (I think it was him), beg/borrow/steal this book: http://eatstopeat.com/
    I might be able to help you out there. While the virtues of eating this or that are being touted here, not eating is important too and has its own set of health benefits.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Google, you should maybe update the OP with links to different sites and resources. Me and Skillet could provide a whole bunch of different sites for different approaches, etc.

Here's some:

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • That's a great idea Turtle, I may dip into this diet stuff at some point.

Question on single muscle group sessions. I'm currently going 3 times a week doing the following; Tuesday chest and triceps, Wednesday back and biceps with some abs thrown in occasionally, Thursday shoulders and legs. I'm assuming you'll tell me to do a separate day for legs and shoulders (which I used to do but the mate I currently go with can't really do much legs due to an injury) but is it ok to mix in abs and arms to the other days?

*Edit* Oh and I'm doing free weights with the the presses the core of shoulders and chest workouts and deads the main back exercise.
    GT: Knight640
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Cheers Skerret. It is added to the pile.
  • Knight said:

That's a great idea Turtle, I may dip into this diet stuff at some point.

Question on single muscle group sessions. I'm currently going 3 times a week doing the following; Tuesday chest and triceps, Wednesday back and biceps with some abs thrown in occasionally, Thursday shoulders and legs. I'm assuming you'll tell me to do a separate day for legs and shoulders (which I used to do but the mate I currently go with can't really do much legs due to an injury) but is it ok to mix in abs and arms to the other days?

*Edit* Oh and I'm doing free weights.

That's exactly the split I do and found it works better than anything I've tried in the last 5 years. However, can I ask why you train on three days back to back? You should really be getting a rest day in-between each training day, it will help recovery and make your next session more effective. Ido the following:

Mon: Chest and tri's

Tues: Rest

Wednesday: Back and Bi's

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Legs and Shoulders

Sat & Sun: Rest

Don't worry about abs and arms, people stress about having a day for them, but the arms get worked on chest and tris and back and bi's day. No need for a separate arms day unless you're training on a 6 day split like a pro body builder and munching roids. 6 day splits don't tend to work well for the natural trainee as the volume is too great to recover from without drugs. That's why 3-4 day splits are so popular with naturals. You get the recovery time. Abs get worked during many exercises, like chin ups and squats believe it or not. If you want an awesome looking stomach, just strip off bodyfat and it'll be flat and hard. The shape of your abs is genetic, so if your revealed abs look weird, tough shit I'm afraid! No amount of sit ups will change it. Core strength is important for health and athleticism, but if you're doing a decent routine focussing predominantly on compound movements, you really don't need much dedicated ab work at all, if any. Depends what your goals are. If all you care about is aesthetics, then just get lean and don't bother with a single sit up or crunch, as it'll be a waste of time.

The split you (and I) currently do is usually called a "Push/pull" because monday you do pushing exercises and wednesday you pull, then friday you push again. It makes perfect sense when you think about how the body is put together and how it functions on a day to day basis. That's why I can't understand people that do back and chest on the same day. If you're doing compound movements, the first exercise (bench press) for example will knacker you out and you wont put 100% into you chins later in the routine when you work your back. 

Stick with what you're doing but space it out so you recover. Doing back and bi's when your chest and tris are still sore from the day before is no fun, surely?

Glad you're on the free-weights, too. They rule. Steer clear of machines unless you're injured and need to keep a very controlled movement until you're fully healed. Have you ever tried dumbbell bench press over barbell bench press? I switched to dumbbells about 4 months ago and noticed a big difference in my gains. Dumbbells require more stabilising muscles than barbells and therefore recruit more muscles fibres, meaning more development. You can clearly feel that this is the case the first time you try dumbbell  bench press and realise you can only lift 75% of the weight you could with a barbell. They really do work amazingly well. I now use dumbbells in every possible exercise, bar squat or deadlift where a barbell is necessary.

Here's my routine if you're interested. It's taken years to refine things down to this and I'm sure it will change again in time, but only a few tweaks. The foundation won't I'd imagine. 

A

High Incline DB Press 3 x 12
    Low Incline DB Press 3 x 12
    Tricep dips 3 x 12
    DB Chest Flies 3 x 12

B

Chin ups 3 x failure
    DB Rows 3 x 12
    Deadlift 3 x 12
    DB Curls 3 x 12

C

Squat 3 x 12
    Shoulder Press 4 x 12
    DB side raise 3 x 12
    Rear delt reverse fly 3 x 12

"Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Knight said:

That's a great idea Turtle, I may dip into this diet stuff at some point.

*Edit* Oh and I'm doing free weights with the the presses the core of shoulders and chest workouts and deads the main back exercise.

A few points that I can see. There's no reason you can't do upper and lower on the same day, though I do bench and squats on the same day rather than squats and shoulder presses. Low back squats really take it out of your shoulders. Dedicating a day to one main lift is probably ideal (so four days a week) but I'd find that a bit tricky. No harm in throwing in arms as assistance exercises; for example, I'll follow bench with a few tricep exercises (high rep, low weight).

Abs are a funny one; all the main lifts incoporate the core, or should. If you're doing heavy sets of deadlifts (somewhere near capacity) and doing them correctly, your core is doing quite a bit of stabilizing work. There are numerous examples of lifters who don't bother with core work simply because by doing the main lifts, you hit that area plenty. If you have a weakness in that area, then some extra work in the form of some isometric holds (i.e. prone holds/bridge) would be my suggestion. On ab exercises, I think situps are a waste of time (not that you mentioned those but while I'm here); there are better ways to strengthen your core muscle groups. I like hanging leg raises, slow and controlled. I typically do two five minute bridges a week, no more, and I've had no issues so far.

On weaknesses, what I found once I started hitting my upper limits for the various lifts, was the fact that heretofore unknown weaknesses would reveal themselves. For example, once I hit about 130kg for deadlifts, my lower back was feeling shaky and a bit too sore. I started doing weighted back raises and voila, weakness disappeared. Point being, do assistance exercises that aid progression in the main lifts and you'll break through plateaus and get stronger faster. Doing a few bicep curls here, some tricep dips there, might leave your workout a bit unfocused. Specify and prosper. I think I just went and answered a bunch if questions you didn't ask but anyhoo...
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • What do you do with your glutes? They were looking great.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also wot Turtle said. Curse my slow typing. I didn't notice the three days back to back; that's a no-no.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

What do you do with your glutes? They were looking great.

Roll em in flour and a light egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes.
  • Here's some youtube vids of disgusting amounts of muscle, for those curious about seeing examples of the XTREMEMEME

Dorian Yates in '93 

Ronnie Coleman looking facking hueg

Ronnie pressing 200 lbs dumbbells for reps WAT

Ronnie again, taking his vitamins.

Arnie in his prime. No bloated stomachs back in the 70's, cause people weren't abusing Human growth hormone.

• They all take steroids btw.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    yeeeah buddaaay
  • Nuthin' but a peanut!
  • Skerret said:

What's the outcome?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If I had to kill Ronnie Coleman i'd tickle him while he's benching.
  • My wardrobe'd never stand for such quanitites of, well, myself.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message

Skerret said:

What's the outcome?

Deliciousness!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It will take many years of hard graft, but you'll get there.  Maybe.
  • Eating deer faeces, rats blood and mud on the paleo diet will turn you into a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus. 
  • Stick her on a magic carpet.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gonzo said:

tbh guys I'd be happy for her to just moan a little for once when we're doing it, instead of trying to steal glances at her mobile phone and stuff.

I'M ON IT FOR GOOD YEAH

Stay frosty, there are moaning apps.
  • After my first week on the protein shakes, my cock grew 3mm. Just saying.
  • I've been on the shakes for 4 years. Add that shit up.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gonzo said:

what the fuck does frosty have to do with this?

I just don't want him to go :(

Enough about Turtle and his micropenis (problem was it started 2 feet inside his abdomen) and more about how healthy I am.
  • Gonz, you could try punching her in the kidneys. You dont even have to work out too much for that.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    There's a good 8 inches of flab to get through before she'd feel it though.
  • I will definitely add some of the websites/tips/links to the front page once I get some time later on today.

I think I've plateaued with Paleo. My weightless has come down pretty drastically and now it's time to start adding in my fitness work.

I'm going to hunt around for some local bootcamp/circuit training classes that I can attend after work, but failing that, I'll maybe hit the local running track and mix up 100M and 400M runs with differing body weight routines. I have a pull up bar at home for which I can easily throw up 30-40 chin ups so I'll use that, drive to the track, do my mix of sprint/distance/weight work and then eat nuts.

YEAH?
  • Mine's still growing. In fact... IT'S GROWING RIGHT NAW amiright??
  • Gonzo wrote:
    yeah but how much bigger is your cock? Did it grow by 10% like turtys?

Do you want my honest answer?

Eating Paleo has made my early morning wood almost hurt!
  • hnnnngh...don't stop

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!