Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    There's an upcoming event quest called "A Rush of Blood" with what I think are guaranteed mini and massive Odogarons.  I killed 70+ Anjanaths before finding a giant crown.  You are just killing the Odog and returning aren't you?  You don't have to actually finish the quest to get the crown.

re. HH.  I buff before engaging the monster, then use the recital and encore attacks as often as possible while fighting, keeping an eye on which songs need refreshing.  Think of queued songs as CB phials and combo into them when you get a bigger opening.

edit: crown-hunting link-dump
    Crown hunting guide via reddit
    Elder dragon measuring video
    Footage of mini and giant monsters
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    You are just killing the Odog and returning aren't you?

My excuse is I needed Bazel parts anyway (I like the dual blades look, and I guess the hunting horn is a popular one too) and I enjoy fighting Radobaan. So only Girros was of no use to me. I've been doing it via SOS, so abandoning wouldn't be fair.

Thanks for the hh tips, I'll have to try it on a group at some point. Only used it three times in the Egg Lovers quest, was pretty hard to find openings for playing songs, often got a rock thrown at my head.

Thanks for the links too. I kinda want to get the platinum for this game, doesn't seem to be that hard, just need to be patience.

MHW talk at the GDC this year, some nice stuff on there. It's a bit long because everything gets translated the whole time, but they show some nice prototype footage.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Got my mini gold crown Odog, did the quest a couple more times via SOS, and just when I thought, this is the last one, I might try that sniping business I got it. Then I got a small panic attack when I thought I didn't save (did save and quit, pressed o when it asked to save as I wanted to check something in Astera, didn't expect it to go to the main menu without saving) but it saves at the end of a quest I guess.

Spring Festival is live, haven't checked it yet but I'm ready for the other crown hunting quests, tempered Deviljho and the quick money quests if I still need more to get to the trophy requirements. Pretty sure I'll hit HR 100 too with the extra exp from the crown quests.
  • 350+ hours in and, finally, the normal shots decoration drops for me. Been enjoying both light and heavy bowgun recently, so this tightens up my builds.

Excite!
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Congrats.

Haven't been trying for the decorations yet myself, going after the crowns first, then probably complete the ingredients and doing the arena trophy.

Still having a lot of fun, am pretty tired last couple of days so haven't been able to profit from the spring festival events as much as I wanted to.

Mixing up my game with dual blades, hammer, switch axe, lance and hunting horn. Still use the SnS a lot, as I don't buy anything anymore until I get that zenny trophy. Did buy the bandage thing though, new event quest reward.

If you equip that, have the spring festival outfit for all the other armor parts, get a short haircut and make it grey, you can kinda play as 2B (NieR). Female hunters only if course, check out Arekkz's last mixed set Monday video.
  • Can't you sell a load of stuff for the zenny trophy? I got rid of valuables and some excess materials and got to about 600k then not long after made another 200k or so.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You could, I'm selling all the stuff with the gold "trade - in" text, but I keep all the other stuff as I use them at the melder, too make screamer pods etc.

I have enough maxed out weapons that I'm ok with not getting any new ones for now. That zenny trophy shouldn't take too long, so once that is done I'll be back at 0 pretty quickly I think.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Unfortunately this died a death on Xbox. Community is king and when you've no one to go hunting with it's a real bummer. 

What a game though, my favorite in a long while.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message

Shiny.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Limited game mode? At least I've a couple of days I can try it before family arrives for two weeks. Curious.

@Haak, is it even hard to find random gathering halls? I don't see many badgers around at the moment, mainly because of time difference as I do sometimes spot ayns when logging off at night. Randoms can be good fun, was in a hall the other day where someone posted a tempered Jho, and the same 3 people (incl me) kept trying it with one added random. Gives you a feel for the other's hunting style and felt good when we had him third try.

Thinking of joining another squad, as you can be in a couple. Arekkz's girl has a fun stream and just opened a squad, think I'll jump in that one today. I know more of you joined other squads too, any recommendations?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looking at the update list:
    - A feature to sort investigations has been added to the Manage Investigations screen.
    Finally!

- An update has been made to squad management so players who haven't logged in for 30 days aren't automatically kicked from the squad.
    In case people got kicked and didn't know why.

Full update info
  • Does that mean they've removed the annoying scout fly camera rotation that kicks in precisely 1 second after you think you've got manual control after returning to base?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nina wrote:

Thinking of joining another squad, as you can be in a couple. Arekkz's girl has a fun stream and just opened a squad, think I'll jump in that one today. I know more of you joined other squads too, any recommendations?

Careful with that type of chat, you'll incur the wrath of Cinty.

Where is he anyway? Holiday or something?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pretty sure you can be in a couple squads at the same time. I don't know where he went, school started just before he went on a break so I'm assuming he's getting very smart at the moment. Or maybe the Chinese teachers require you to hand over any consoles during school time, who knows.
    Shabby is the one on holiday.

@mrsmr2, sounds like it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can definitely be in more than one squad.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    @Haak, is it even hard to find random gathering halls? I don't see many badgers around at the moment

I haven't played in a few weeks now. It was only me and Elmlea when I left who were logging on. Playing with randoms is fine, but I much prefer being in a decent Guild/Squad.

I could perhaps go back to it and research some other communities to join. Playing Tera at the moment though.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    He's a big boy with his own arena by the looks of it, like Akantor, Ukanlos and that lot.

Lots of good changes there, that camera is really annoying when you've just carted and are trying to get into your tent to have a cry.  Glad you can finally cultivate ivy as I'm using lots of pitfalls to subdue tempered Jho and the Argos man doesn't always have nets.  The changes to investigation rewards are the most significant.  They effectively expand the roster by several times for those farming for streamstones and specific decorations.

edit: Oh ok, just read the Capcom blog post and it's a 16 player thing with what sounds like randomised weapons up for grabs, cool.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    There's a lot more info coming out now, Japanese Twitter is throwing out new stuff, think gaijin hunter will have a new video with that soon, and official MH will stream on Twitch in a couple hours. This of course all happens when I'm asleep.

Meanwhile, the gold crown quests aren't giving me much crowns. Still need 8 that should be easier to get now (18 total). Pukei, Rathalos and Legiana didn't give me any golden crowns so far. Don't think I will get all the easier obtainable ones before the festival is over. That's ok, event quests are supposed to rotate anyway.

Took the hunting horn out for some multiplayer quests (hadn't tried it since the 3 kulu practice runs), didn't go too badly. Died a couple times first couple monsters, mainly because getting stunned while playing tunes. Went smoother towards the end, I can almost remember all the Deviljho's songs now.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think I have 1 evening tonight to do anything spring festival. Might just get drunk in the hub.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    omg the golden boy has arrived and that armour looks lovely!
  • Just put this on for the first time in a while. Didn't realise there was an update to download. Will have to play alone for a bit till it's done. Nice to see even more content of course.
  • Did some kulve Taroth attempts this evening and eventually took one down. Just joined a random session to get a group together as you can't SOS it apparently. Can't take much credit for the victory though. Was using my bow gun and doing piddly damage a lot of the time.

More good new content then. Very pleased with this.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah Kulve is pretty awesome. It's a 16 person fight in the end, but luckily random gathering hubs have been filling up quite nicely. Everyone has that gold fever.

I'll only have today and this weekend to farm her some more, that armour is sweet. After that we have family over for two weeks, and I don't think they want to join my grind (maybe my nephew, but I don't think this a game for 7 year Olds).

I could try and go for a game around 8-9am this Saturday /Sunday, which should be 4-5pm in the UK. Not the most ideal time, but if anyone is up for it, we could have a go at it. One sets up a random session (not a squad), other people join and than randoms can take the extra spaces. I did promise my mom I'd see if I could call her, so might not be on voice chat.
  • That's 6-7 pm for me. i could well be around then but would be stopping soon after.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I wouldn't be able to stay on for hours myself, there's always a point in the weekends B drags me outside. 

I'm not making any promises but I'll try to be there for a bit.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Couldn't join the session @Jon and @ayns. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

Have been looking at that golden armour set, and I just can't decide if I should go for alpha or beta. Both look solid. I can make both the leg pieces, but have only two glimstones, and I need one for waist and one for arms. Don't have any Nergi or Xeno gems for the head and chest pieces, might be time to go to the melder for those. Don't fancy grinding Xeno right now, although I might need some bits anyway (I want a flinch free set, I always lose to the bigger swords when going for the horns in the Kulve fight).
  • Nina wrote:
    Have been looking at that golden armour set, and I just can't decide if I should go for alpha or beta. Both look solid. I can make both the leg pieces, but have only two glimstones, and I need one for waist and one for arms. Don't have any Nergi or Xeno gems for the head and chest pieces, might be time to go to the melder for those.
    I'm the opposite. Got the head and chest but haven't had any glimstones so far for the other parts. i've gone beta with it (tbh it's because i wanted the horns).

Also got my palico Mega Man gear now too.
  • Must've completed that kulve quest at least 6 times now and still not had any glimstones. Got tons of all the other materials.

Would be really nice to get the full suit of armour but i've probably had enough. There's only so many times i want to go through such a long battle even though it's a great fight.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've been on holiday for 3 weeks and only tonight got a taste of Kulve Taroth, which is a really good fight, and i normally hate XXL bosses. 

I was (and still am) confused about the squads and their respective stages/progress. But i managed 4 runs before the reset: the first was me being very cagey and doing minimal damage, the next two better DPS and awareness, but still trying to figure out her route. The final run was a success! No doubt i was carried by the Japanese players who have been rinsing it, but what a cracking encounter! 

I can't believe they dropped something this good, so early in the games life-cycle. Bodes well for the future!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think Kulve is done for now right? I got a couple of hunts done the first couple days.

Haven't been able to play for almost two weeks. Decided MH would be a step too far for my nephew, when I showed him Pokémon Go he didn't agree with capturing monsters. Feel like he wouldn't be able to handle MH for a couple more years...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!