Final Fantasy XIV
  • Cranked my Dragoon up to 72 and it feels great jumping about and chucking dragon eyes everywhere.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • So, brought Mog Station authentication token on to new phone (not new new, just hadn't actually updated it) which required finding and charging the old one, then doing a rain dance. Sorted out password details. Fixed up licenses.

Bought time card (60 days) - code is correct but got i2501 error, which apparently is pretty common. Seems the reason is using a card when on a VPN...which is the only way I can access it.

But...there's a fix. Just do exactly the same, but on your phone. It doesn't even have a mobile site, it still uses the desktop site on iPhone but it actually worked (wtf?). 

Then, sold the soul of my firstborn and sacrificed a live goat. All seemed to be ok and not anger the Square Enix UX devils.

Just about to buy the complete edition and will download and update. Will be back on this for a bit, I think, fingers crossed.
  • Hardest game in the world to actually buy and pay for, but it's worth it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    More details about the main scenario revamp have been announced. 13% of base game quests are going straight in the bin with others having steps removed. Flying is being added to base game areas!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Fair enough. Should hopefully streamline it for new and returning players. Flying is a nice addition, too.

Any idea when it drops?
  • Incidentally, Haak, Nina and myself have all got chars on Zodiark. So...you know? B&B FFXIV looks good right now. Think Tempu is considering jumping in at some point too.

For anyone who wants to try it but is unsure and doesn’t want to pay...free trial is very generous. No money down.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah I'm doing the free trial. Am Billie Kiddo on the Zodiark server. Got all the way to lvl 2, which seems impressive as I've mostly navigated menus.

It seems fun, but is there a way to turn down the size of other people's names? Walking around in the city and it's just a mess of names.
  • Probably - the UI customisation is very in-depth. I’ll have a look in a bit.
  • Yes, you can turn them off:

Press start.
    Go to system.
    Choose character configuration.
    Display name settings.

Tweak to your hearts content.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh wow, thanks. B was making fun of me and my menu game, but I'll show him!
  • Haha, FFXIV will make your menu game pro-tier. Customisation is most in-depth I’ve ever seen in a console. But it can be tricky to navigate at first. You’ll be fine.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm gonna come back once I'm done with FFVIIR. I'm on a different world but I have no friends on it so I could move.
  • Tbh, I don’t think there’s a server cluster that will work for everyone. I’m silky smooth and disconnect free now on JP clusters, but Zodiark (light EU) is noticeably laggier. Not unplayable but I’m not sure if i want hundreds of hours of that. Nina is in the US and we’ll see what her connection to Zodiark is like. So...I’m loathe to ask anyone to move cluster.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You can visit friends on another server or something now, can't you? Can't remember but I thought they announced something like that.
  • Cross world link shells aye, I think that might be the way to go.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    More details about the main scenario revamp have been announced. 13% of base game quests are going straight in the bin with others having steps removed. Flying is being added to base game areas!

Considering waiting on this before I plough on any more with the MSQ - I've heart the patch content between ARR and HW is atrociously long, like 200 quests or something...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've set up a cross-world linkshell, it seems like we need to form a party to be able to make friends to use it though? Zodiark and Phoenix are on the same data centre though so at least we're all on the same one.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I've set up a cross-world linkshell, it seems like we need to form a party to be able to make friends to use it though? Zodiark and Phoenix are on the same data centre though so at least we're all on the same one.

Nice! Thanks for that.

My set-top VPN box arrived yesterday and seems to have alleviated my ping issues playing on Zodiark - early days but feel optimistic. So, hopefully can find some time to hang out with a gang - right now seems to be you, Haak, Nina, myself and Tempu (at a later date).

The B&B Discord FFXIV chat is moderately lively at the mo, so may be worth checking there to see when people are jumping on.
  • So should I still do Zodiark? Or will I be able to visit from a closer server? Euro servers can be lag central for us Aussies. am happy to suffer it if it's the only way to play together in the early days
  • You can try Zodiark. If it is too laggy I can look elsewhere and join you somewhere lag free.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tonberry on the Japanese data centre is apparently the main place for Aussies who want to avoid lag but the rest of us wouldn't be able to play with you.
  • Tonberry is good, as is Masamune.

Tonberry population is almost entirely English speakers, Masamune about 50%.

If you have any problems on Zodiark, Shabs, I can play with you on one of those two. They’ll be “full” but just be patient - won’t take long to start a new character.
  • Back at work so couldn’t play it this morning. The downside of being on a preferred server is that I’m outleveling content a bit too fast, so took yesterday eve to play around with botanist.

Think I’m gonna use evenings this week for gathering and crafting. Make a nice change of pace from the MSQ / Job mainlining I was doing.
  • I've been back on XIV over the last couple of weeks. Lazily getting tomes for my MCH and going back to my faithful DRG and see if I can get him to 80.

Helps now that my lad is back playing too!

XIV is the best gaming comfort blanket lol
  • Yeah, comfort blanket really is the perfect term for it.

You might wanna pop on the B&B discord ayns - there’s a fair amount of ffxiv chat there and I think we can also do cross-world linkshells now...
  • Cool. Where's the discord link/invite thing?

I'm on Hyperion.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    The downside of being on a preferred server is that I’m outleveling content a bit too fast

Yeah it's nuts. I keep having to level new jobs to re-sync with the MSQ - on my third now with PLD. Although I do plan to main the NJA when I get thing sin order.
  • Super nice to play on PC with smooth frame rate. Am keen to play more, it's a nice and easy thing to play. Am keen to try some harder stuff like dungeons too
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    ayns wrote:
    Cool. Where's the discord link/invite thing? I'm on Hyperion.

My PLD from our adventures back in the day is still on there. 

Whats your main job, DRG?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!