Hades
  • I prefer the infinite resurrection over the limited one. I think it’s better until the final boss. Having said that it is worse if you’re good at the game!

I like the power that gives you health per darkness because it motivates to get darkness (especially if it’s couples with the power that gives health up per darkness). Given darkness is usually paired with either keys (useless) or ornament gems (useless) using the random changer it’s good to get a bonus with that imo.

They’re both circumstantial and pretty much of a muchness. 3 death defies is good insurance, darkness vs 3 health is a choice I could put on random and probably no not notice. The ones that matter to the combat from the first half are basically all inferior as green in my experience. I can see the benefit if I have a build in my mind for some of them, but it’s rare i’ll
    put the effort into working things out rather than just focussing on boon fishing.
  • What's the chat on the the Pierced Butterfly? Is it actually worth running through the first zone with it?

Think I've got it up to 18% on one run but I don't know if that's actually enough to be meaningful and whether I should pick sonething else.
  • I don't find it much use. You take it off and its effect stops.

IMO the best Trinket configuration is
    Zone 1: The first god you want a boon from
    Zone 2: The second god you want a boon from
    This lets you set up your build for Elysium
    Zone 3 & 4: take something that stacks, like Lambent Plume, or has a consistent effect. I like to take an endgame Trinket for 3 &4.
  • Oh that's pointless then. I didn't realise the effect wasn't permanent.
  • There are some instances when taking one trinket can work for the whole game, like Lambent Plume, very easy to get it up to 20-30% dodge, then you add in 10% from a Hermes boon, and 25% from maxed out Zagreus Aspect Fists, then you've got a stew going.
  • Ah cool, I'll give that a go. Haven't actually tried the plume before or invested much in dodge at all really so it'll be interesting to see what it's like.
  • I just take the
    Spoiler:
    trinket for most runs now. Really good if you get it to proc on a few epic or better attack boons. Classic lazy strat.

I think I'm closing in on the epilogue now at around 150 hours in, pretty sure I've had one part of it but it feels like something else is about to go down.

Lambent plume is a good trinket though if you want to go with something like Zag fists as Tempy says, Pierced butterfly can be alright but I find it very hard to get that to consistently proc after the first world.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I quite like the “invincibility for five hits” (acorn) vs bosses. The one major problem with it is that it doesn’t help at the rump end of a fight with hades when all shit is going off.
  • Oh no wait, just checked, got the epilogue achievement on steam so that was it. Aw yea. Fist pumps all round.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I have this now - been playing for a few hours this eve and gotta day first impressions are really good. Often finding myself bouncing off Supergiant games, despite their clear quality, but I’m loving this.

Just using the spear at the moment, but am impressed how much build variety there is, even with just that one weapon, between runs. And can imagine that diversity will only increase. So yeah, this is great.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah it's well good. Would love me some co-op in this though. Imagine!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    What does it run on Switch, if it's not 60fps I can see how things would get muddled. I have it running at 144 fps on PC at 1440p and don't usually find any issue with pinpointing what's going on. My only gripe is I wish there was more of a different kid of visual/audio feedback to getting hit as sometimes I look at my health and I'm like "where the fuck did that all go?"
    According to polygon it runs almost always at 60fps on the switch. Not sure if that's handheld or docked mode. I'm really close to buying this, have almost $10 in gold coins on the eshop, but this voice in the back of me head keeps saying it's probably a better buy on PC. No handheld though.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Mmmm, I dunno. If it runs at 60fps on Switch then that's a great counter to PC as you will have access to it from anywhere within your home and basically have the same port. Having said that, I do enjoy playing it on my 32" QHD monitor as I get a nice view of whats going on, not sure how the chaos would translate to Switch non-docked. Better to ask someone else there.

If you're not fussed about service provider as well, it's 20% off on the Epic Game Store currently. So going for €16.79.
  • I'm playing on switch and don't have any problems with performance or following the action. I only play handheld.
    My only gripe is I wish there was more of a different kid of visual/audio feedback to getting hit as sometimes I look at my health and I'm like "where the fuck did that all go?"

Did you forget that you had chaos boon that costs health everytime you attack. I have done this twice.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's quite possible...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    If you're not fussed about service provider as well, it's 20% off on the Epic Game Store currently. So going for €16.79.
    Apparently if you claim Rocket League for free, you get a $10,- voucher so Hades will be $9,99. Not sure if that works in the EU as well, but thanks for guiding me towards the Epic store.

(Getting a coupon by claiming Rocket League is only till Oct 23 11am, not sure which timezone so that might be almost gone, coupon itself is valid till early November)
  • Got to big boss man on my 14th run, so feel happy enough with that. Having fun with builds and loving the fists. Game 2 easy.
  • Show off.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Mate, I can’t help it if I am a Pro Gamer.
  • And that’s the first clear. 21 runs - no idea where that is in the scheme of things but feel happy overall. Now to unlock and do more stuff.
  • I think that's pretty good.

I tried a run with the Guan Yu the other day.
    Spoiler:
  • It’s an ok aspect but you need to play for centaur hears and special upgrades. I’ve done it but it’s not my favourite of the hidden aspects. I’d rank it about equal to the rail hidden aspect in that it can go off, but is largely duff.

Not that you asked but i’d rank the hidden as such:

Bow
    Shield
    Fist
    Sword
    Spear
    Rail
  • I'm up to 79 attempts and no clear yet. Not even got close with Hades either. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.
  • Try running away more and chip away.
  • I'm up to 79 attempts and no clear yet. Not even got close with Hades either. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

If it helps there's a god mode option in the menu if you just want to get through the fighting and see the story.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Playing this with B, first night we switched controllers after a room, got to Meg once, yesterday we switched after death. Got to Meg twice between the two of us. Still figuring out what things mean and how they work, it's quite a busy game graphic wise, so it still feels pretty confusing.

We have a friend who was married to a Greek girl called Meg, and she was quite a bitch, so that feels very fitting so far.
  • Run 23 - Heat 1 cleared, 33 mins.
  • Roujin wrote:
    I'm up to 79 attempts and no clear yet. Not even got close with Hades either. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

If it helps there's a god mode option in the menu if you just want to get through the fighting and see the story.

The story is the least interesting thing in this game for me. I starting skipping through all the narrative after a few runs. I've just never lucked out on a build that dominates all yet. It's probably because I'm re-rolling the mirror of night every time searching for some meaningful differences and only using weapons I like. I'm struggling with the visual feedback quite a bit. Game is a straight up mess when things get busy.

Gotta say I'm done with the paltry 4 levels in this game - particularly Asphodel and Elysium - those levels are just not fun. A mixture of lava and crappy enemies - culminating in extremely dull and repetitive boss battles. It's gets really unimaginative in Styx too, with the poison. Feels cheap. I wish they'd done more in terms of how you progress through the game - the back and forth between characters just grates for me now and I just run through to my next run. Probably missed all sorts...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think I got bored of it on about day 2. Tried going back the last few days and it just bored me senseless.

IDGI.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!