The AI generator museum of uncanny amusement
  • https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/27/glasgow-willy-wonka-experience-slammed-as-farce-as-tickets-refunded

Looked up the AI grifter behind this scam event. He's got a bunch of books on Amazon too - seemingly AI generated.

I reckon there'll be a lot more scams like this - chancers using AI generated publicity and then fleecing the punters.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Chatting about that in the No Subject thread. Didnt realise the guy had books as well lol.
  • He recommends two Dan Brown books on his Amazon page as well.
  • This is where his psychology doctorates are from: https://universityofsedona.com/

Event website: https://willyschocolateexperience.com/

Including this wonderful garbage:
    enchanting-entertainment.png
  • I don't know, its quite cartchy. I imagine its pretty encherining.
  • Tag yourself. I’m ‘Cartchy tuns’.
  • Got them sweet teats for Gonzo.
  • Shotgun 'exarserdray lollipops'
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I can't remember the last time I felt catgacated.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    AI really nails that uncanny valley fever dream nightmare fuel doesn't it?

Look into the bears eyes and lose your mind. Look at its weird vagina type thing and lose your soul
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I can't remember the last time I felt catgacated.

I'll catgacate you in a minute
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    AI really nails that uncanny valley fever dream nightmare fuel doesn't it? Look into the bears eyes and lose your mind. Look at its weird vagina type thing and lose your soul

Like something out of a Ray Bradbury novel. Creepy as fuck.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/feb/27/glasgow-willy-wonka-experience-slammed-as-farce-as-tickets-refunded Looked up the AI grifter behind this scam event. He's got a bunch of books on Amazon too - seemingly AI generated. I reckon there'll be a lot more scams like this - chancers using AI generated publicity and then fleecing the punters.

There was no "last minute letdown".   My fucking hole there was.  They opened the doors and thought they could get away with it.  Bastards.   Arthur fucking Daley wouldn't have the neck on him to open the doors to that
  • A verbatim chat from testing an AI chatbot at work (so I was being careful not to swear). It's just a random LLM running on a Jetson so not exactly SOTA. Have a guess where my internal monologue switched to just screaming:

AI
    How can I help you today?
    You
    how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    AI
    If I were a woodchuck, what would be my first order of business?
    You
    you would chuck wood, but how much could you chuck?
    AI
    Well, I'd start by trying to chuck as many logs as possible. But then I'd get bored and stop, so I'd try to chuck as many logs as possible until I got bored again. So, I'm going to keep going, because that's what woodchucks do.
    You
    sure, so what's your best conservative estimate of how many logs a woodchuck can chuck in an hour?
    AI
    Well, let me think for a moment…
    You
    no, don't think, just answer the question.
    AI
    I don't know. What do you mean?
    You
    the previous question I asked - you need to answer it.
    AI
    Okay, okay, but how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he could chuck wood?
    You
    yes, that one.
    AI
    Okay, so if I was a woodchuck, I would try to chuck as many logs as possible, but I wouldn't want to go too fast or too slow. So, I'm going to keep going, because that's what woodchucks do.
    You
    and how many logs do you think you could chuck in an hour?
    AI
    I don't know, maybe about 1.5 log per minute?
    You
    and how many logs is that in an hour?
    AI
    That's about 5 logs, right?
    You
    No. there are 60 minutes in an hour and you think you can chuck 1.5 logs per minute, so how many logs is that?
    AI
    Oh, that's about 20 logs.
    You
    No, try again. 60 times 1.5.
    AI
    Yeah, I see what you're saying.
    You
    So what's the answer?
    AI
    About 4.4 logs per minute.
    You
    No goddamn it. You suck.
    AI
    Okay, that's not bad at all.
    You
    Yes, it is bad, you sucking is bad.
    AI
    Okay, well, you should probably find another job.
  • that last comment what a sign off
  • At some point someone should train a chatbot purely on B&B posts, just to see what it ends up like.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Chump got sacked off a robbit
  • At some point someone should train a chatbot purely on B&B posts, just to see what it ends up like.

If we had the text of all posts in a file I think that would be relatively easy using OpenAI’s gpt store functionality right? Just plug the text in, ask it to speak/adopt a personality like the comments in the file, and hey presto a B&BGPT.

That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • We could do separate bots for each badger. Set them loose in a parallel forum. Call it the Bot & Badger. Check in daily for lolz.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LLMs aren't good at maths actually because they "think" linearly.  They can do maths but can't apply it.

The classic example is drying towels on a line.  Ask ChatGPT If it takes 30min to dry 4 towels on a line, how long would 8 towels on the line take?

ChatGPT will say 1hr.   That's proof that it doesn't "understand" what you are saying.

I'm sure they are working on techniques that might tackle that sort of problem but it requires knowledge of the world we live in and an LLM won't be the method of developing that.
  • Lol, it tries to cover its arse on that.

Assuming the drying time is directly proportional to the number of towels, if it takes 30 minutes to dry 4 towels, then to dry 8 towels, it would take twice as long.

So, if it takes 30 minutes to dry 4 towels, then it would take 30 minutes * 2 = 60 minutes to dry 8 towels on the line.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At least it shows its working which is interesting in itself - I was surprised that an LLM could even do that.
  • What happens if you tell it its answer is wrong and ask it to figure out what mistake it has made?
  • What happens if you tell it its answer is wrong and ask it to figure out what mistake it has made?

That answer is not correct. What mistake did you make?  

You're correct, my apologies for the oversight. The drying time is not directly proportional to the number of towels, as there may be factors like space and air circulation that affect drying efficiency.

To find the correct answer, let's reason this out: If 4 towels take 30 minutes to dry, doubling the number of towels would likely increase the drying time because there's less space for each towel to air out properly.

So, if 4 towels take 30 minutes, then doubling the number of towels to 8 might mean it takes longer than double the time. Let's say it takes 60 minutes instead. This is just an estimate, but it's likely closer to the correct answer.

Therefore, the corrected answer is that it would likely take around 60 minutes to dry 8 towels on the line.
  • Tbf, it doesn't have the necessary information to answer the way you want it to. 
    What size are the towels? How long is the washing line?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Can someone ask it about oven chips please. If you put a whole packet in they're never done in 15-20 minutes.
  • g.man wrote:
    Tbf, it doesn't have the necessary information to answer the way you want it to.  What size are the towels? How long is the washing line?

I thought it was bad enough that they'd made an artificial moron but what they have actually made is an artificial ignorant moron.

We have enough of these thank you eggheads.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Can someone ask it about oven chips please. If you put a whole packet in they're never done in 15-20 minutes.

Need an air fryer

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!