Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Basically try for xmults slap em at the end and win.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I have no clue how to do what you guys are doing.

Take defeats on first Ante. It's the same as StS, don't rest first floor. Wait til you have a nice skip on boss blind, like next jokers and cards are free etc. Build from there.

Wait wtf take defeats? Doesn't that end the run?
  • Beat the fucking orange chip at last, last deck unlocked. Think I’ll have a break after I’ve beaten that one.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Take defeats on first Ante. It's the same as StS, don't rest first floor. Wait til you have a nice skip on boss blind, like next jokers and cards are free etc. Build from there.

I think he means take the risk of ending the run for decent bonuses from the skipped blinds. So if you get something polychrome joker and packs are free on the skipped blinds, skip ahead to the boss blind on ante 1.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

Yeah I've started taking bigger risks early doors like skipping the first two blinds, hoping for their bonuses, raising this means I might instantly lose on the first boss but if so fuck you RNG we go again it's only taken 60s.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    WAIT WHAT SKIP BLINDS I am so fucking lost lads.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Fuck me
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You can skip a blind and get something for it - early on it can give you free jokers etc. Worth doing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    50k short on the ante 8 boss on a non base difficulty run FML
  • Last deck was fun, got up to ante 11 on my first go. I’m done for now, time to become the Unicorn Overlord.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A whole new world has just opened for me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is as bad as those dudes who played Resi 4 not realising you can run
  • regmcfly wrote:
    A whole new world has just opened for me.

I've had that song in my head all morning.

• This is as bad as those dudes who played Resi 4 not realising you can run
    Those the dudes who will buy your guide
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • That's an orange stake difficulty run done.

Just gold to go now
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Just about to complete my second run. Thank you legendary joker!

What are the benefits, if any, to continuing on?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Just about to complete my second run. Thank you legendary joker!

What are the benefits, if any, to continuing on?

Do you mean, to endless mode?  I think the only benefit to that is bragging rights really.  It also scales very fast, so unless you’re DS it generally ends not long after.  (I usually get kicked out around ante 10).

If you mean benefits to carrying on in general… The core 5 decks all unlock a new deck (with new rules) on completion.  You also get new decks for higher difficulties.  There are also challenge decks to unlock as you go along…
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Thanks. Yeah I unlocked a new deck for finishing red. Probably small fry in here but was knocking back 2-300k per hand by the end.
  • There are also unlocks for higher scores that are more likely past ante 8 where you've continued to scale a bit more
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Now I know I can skip blinds I'm seeing a bit more thank fuck! Still not really topping 25k a run - is it just big luck on multipliers? I did have a good run where I really hammered targeting flushes and tried to narrow down to two suits.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Luck is definitely part of it, but there's strategy in terms of what to buy and then to buy too, jokers vs tarot vs planets etc. And checking how the boss is gonna fuck you over. But yes, also luck.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I always make sure I have the maximum interest available after shopping. Means I can go a bit more gung-ho later on.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Now I know I can skip blinds I'm seeing a bit more thank fuck! Still not really topping 25k a run - is it just big luck on multipliers? I did have a good run where I really hammered targeting flushes and tried to narrow down to two suits.

I'm probably not the person to ask as I generally don't get much higher than that but...  

Luck's obviously part of it (especially if, like me, you insist on pushing through even when you know your early cards were a bit shit) but you can definitely do a few things to make it much more likely you'll succeed.  Getting x-multis is definitely vital to those big scores.  I've had runs with a row of xMultis at the top, and I've happily played hands blind knowing they'll win whatever's there.  As Oli says, interest is also essential, and/or a nice money making joker.  (Though I had a great run with vagabond and the credit card earlier - turns the whole thing into a tarot vending machine).  Once you've got a decent wodge of cash you can also start re-rolling more often, which means you're more likely to get "lucky" with the cards offered.

And again, have a plan.  See what it presents you with, and then tailor your deck/ approach accordingly.  I actually think the game's beautifully balanced in that you can pretty much always get to the end of ante 8 on the base difficulty, once you have a good idea of what's possible, and adjust your approach in line with the jokers you've landed.  Some of the decks that unlock do a good job of making you appreciate some of those better by essentially forcing you into them.

Finally look for a nice balance between your base chips and multis (at least until you start getting xMults). I know it's obvious, but it took me a while to appreciate that, yes, 100x2 is a lot less than 50x50.

As for flushes - I tend to hammer these too (and there's a deck that actively favours them), but be aware that they don't scale as generously as straights, despite ranking higher initially. The other disadvantage to flushes (and straights unless you have the 4 fingers joker) is that you lose the ability to "play" unwanted cards to free up discards.
  • I reckon I’m at the point where I can win a run most of the time on normal difficulty. The trick is in getting enough of a boost to see you through a few rounds (preferably in one or two hands), and using the slack to wait for decent jokers, not just buying everything. I tend not to buy any tarot or planet cards until I know what hand type I’m focusing on.
  • At the orange difficulty after two more wins, feels unlikely this won’t be my goty.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm playing very casually. Only an hour or two so far since I bought it a month or so ago on Steam. Got close to a first win earlier today. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and it will be a slow burner for me. I'll be playing this for years.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1,000,000 sales. Very nice.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Banging fun this run. Abandoned deck. Geared everything towards Diamonds and A, 2, 3, 4,5, 10. Money out the arse due to Tarots giving me $14 for combined joker value.

Retrigger each 2, 3, 4, 5
    Each played 10 or 4 gives +10 chips and +4 mult
    Played cards with even rank give +4 mult (holo +10 mult)
    Played Diamond cards give +4 mult
    Create Tarot if Poker Hand contains Ace and is a straight (poly x1.5 mult)

9807b45d5551acd31cb149d8b4a556b0.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Look at it, sexual.  Crying here. Swapped out Walkie Talkie for Fortune Teller (+1 mult for every tatot used. Currently +29 mult)

4b98a43cad6464ba3bdfb85e3867b8af.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    And dead on Ante 10 boss. I was hitting about 150k with a flush straight, but didn't get any planet cards to level it. Did me in the end.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!